Total Test=337, Free Test=79.1, need advice.......

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Guys,
I'm a runner who has been overtraining for a few months, running a decent amount of mileage with 2 hard days. My complaints to my doctor back in Feb. was chronic fatigue, lethargy, tired but trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, dead quadriceps, and slight depression. He had an entire panel done and my test. fell in the normal range and he never mentioned anything about it. I took some time off running and even with some rest, still mentally tired and body is taking long time to recover from running. I follow a high carb, moderate protein, low fat diet. My free test. was 79.1 with total being 337. The bloodwork was drawn at 3pm and I may have been running in excess so take that into account.
I'm a 30yo old male, 20% body fat, and in great health. Are my levels extremely low and should I go back to my doctor with this? Not sure where to go, thinking increasing my test. may get me feeling normal because I don't know what else to do to get to feeling normal? Should I ask doctor for some, get tried supplements, what?

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
I know I just posted this but going to bed and need to express I could really use some advice. Here are the numbers:
Total Test.-337 ng/dl
Free Test.-79.1 pg/ml
% of free test-2.35

badfish21981

badfish21981

Awards
Switch to a low carb, high protein, high (good)fat diet. Squat, press and DL heavy at least once a week for 6 weeks and then see were you are at.