One little pet peeve..

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
It kind of bugs me how some people join the forum, post a lot and then automatically get a ridiculous amount of rep points. There's people in here that have only been a part of the forum for 3 months and already have 1,000+ rep points. How many quality posts could they have made in that short amount of time?

not looking to get negged, just stating something.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
How are the new people supposed to discern the knowledgeable people from the not so knowledgeable people if the not so knowledgeable people have the same reps and posts?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Negged

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
:(

I'll still rep you though, because i probably deserve it

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I only neg people that are really asking for it.
Nothing wrong with free speech in General Chat

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Who gives a crap about rep points? When taking/asking advice on an online forum you should take it all with a grain of salt anyway. For the most part most advice given on here is basically a good first stepping stone in further research on your own. At least that's mainly how I use it. All advice I've been given I greatly appreciate but I'd be a fool if I didn't research that advice further and that's how I see it. Not to mention iPhone app doesn't show rep points anyhow and I judge who I take my advice from by the way they offer it.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
Who gives a crap about rep points? When taking/asking advice on an online forum you should take it all with a grain of salt anyway. For the most part most advice given on here is basically a good first stepping stone in further research on your own. At least that's mainly how I use it. All advice I've been given I greatly appreciate but I'd be a fool if I didn't research that advice further and that's how I see it.
Yeah that's true. I spend a lot of time in the anabolics section and notice how people who are new to the forum ask how to run a cycle and right away are taking the advice from people on here (which most of the time is great advice).

I've also seen some of the guys with thousands of reps who have only been here for a few months, talk and give advice like a know it all./rant

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It happens because friends of previous board members join. A lot of them make friends with people that have a huge amount of rep points. Then they just keep repping each other back and forth. And before you know it a select group of people have a ton of rep points.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
It happens because friends of previous board members join. A lot of them make friends with people that have a huge amount of rep points. Then they just keep repping each other back and forth. And before you know it a select group of people have a ton of rep points.
i actually never thought of that! I didn't know that most of them knew each other irl