Gym pet peeves

Schmidie

Schmidie

Awards
Do you guys have any gym pet peeves that drive you nuts? The only one I can't stand much is people doing leg lifts in running shoes. Yesterday I watched a guy doing heavy squats in nike shocks...

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
When I ask someone by the dumbbell rack if I can "work in" on the bench he's using and instead of saying yes he says "I got 2 more sets" ...I didn't ask u how many sets you got I'm asking if I can workout during your rest period!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There's a thread already like this "douchebags at the gym" is the title it's 92 pages. It's on this page.

Schmidie

Schmidie

Awards
Thanks for the heads up ill have to check that out.

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
Cant stand when i have my headphones in and someone trys to walk up and start a conversation with me as I begin my exercise...

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
- People who come in and put weights on the bar in the squat rack, set their drink and towel down next to it, and then proceed to do 20 min. of cardio while trying to "reserve" the squat rack.

- Scrawny guys who stare at me the whole time

I could go on all day...

demolition

demolition

Awards
yea the 150lb kid that says something to the affect of " your forms a bit off" or "do you need me to spot for you'' non the less i saved up over the years and got everything i need in a home gym, now i just turn up the stereo and do my thing.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Guys who go "tssssss" with every rep.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
people who drink redbull during their workout
people who workout in jeans
people who mix jack3d in the locker room and act like its god gift to pre workouts

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Sacrificing form for weight. Seeing guys try to make up for lack of size in the gym by using absurd weight for their ability makes me lose faith in humanity.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Those who do nothing at all to warm up and go straight for a PR on any givin exercise! classic no-go!!!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I absolutely can't stand when girls wear clothes while they work out. Especially when running on the treadmill and doing squats. They're so dumb.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
True, they should be in string bikinis as long as their BMI is in the "sexy" range :D

kowalsik

Awards
when theres too many people

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
talking on cell phones during workout

pnut143

pnut143

Awards
I can't stand this guy on the stair stepper that is hunched over the support bars on both sides (which is now supporting 70% of his weight), on max level, and is creating a small lake with the amount of sweat he is dripping...

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand this guy on the stair stepper that is hunched over the support bars on both sides (which is now supporting 70% of his weight), on max level, and is creating a small lake with the amount of sweat he is dripping...
That's how you get the most out of the exercise man.. Just like putting the treadmill at max incline and then basically doing flexed arm hangs to make it easier. Just think, these same people will help elect the next president haha

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
skinny guys doing cable crossovers. and also "how many sets do you have left" -"about 5". 5 sets are you intentionally overtraining?

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
skinny guys doing cable crossovers. and also "how many sets do you have left" -"about 5". 5 sets are you intentionally overtraining?
Haha you can't do something when you don't know it exists

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5 sets is hardly overtraining. Also 5 sets might include his warmup sets. You are asking so you can judge how much time is left, right?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will throw one of mine in there. I cant stand when people when weights on machines or bars. Put the stuff up especially in a smaller place that has limited 45s. That way I dont get dirty looks as often. People get mad when you take "their" plates even if they have been gone for 5 minutes or more.

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
The crazy old man that thinks because he's been working out for 50 + years he has the right to criticize everyone! Comes up to me and looks at me like I'm stupid for loading the bar with 4 25lbs plate on each side and doesn't accept any explanation even after I told him im doing drop set and still insist I should have loaded it with bigger and less plates even obviously he doesn't know anything about drop sets

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of my pet peeves are the 35lb plates. Mostly because most people who use them will invariably put them on the part of the stack where the plates belong, so I always have to go scouring for plates wherever they were put instead.