Chris Benoit Movie Announced, thoughts?

S

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
Seems there's a film in the making to tell the story of his life. What I find interesting is this...' The film's writer, Sarah Coulter, said: "People immediately point to steroids, never thinking about the brain trauma these wrestlers can, and do, incur in their profession, nor do they consider the rigorous schedule that keeps them working even when they shouldn t be. The Benoit story is one that needs to be brought into the light." 'Maybe a deeper look behind what many in the public as just steroid use, giving a more balanced account with the full story behind it. Thoughts?Chris Benoit Movie Announced - Movies News at IGN

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If they give it a fair analysis instead of just following the media's story, then it could be a great film. It'll be somewhat damaging to professional wrestling since so few understand the lifestyle that they have to endure just to make it, though.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Idk I can see this being a lets crap on steriods movie

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
How much of the movie will focus on the match he had with Bret Hart?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's done right, I think it could be awesome. I watched a half hour documentary on ESPN on Razor Ramon - it was crazy. There was a ton of stuff I didn't know about him and it showed a lot of angles to his life. Depending on who they have working on it, I'd be very interested.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
If it's done right, I think it could be awesome. I watched a half hour documentary on ESPN on Razor Ramon - it was crazy. There was a ton of stuff I didn't know about him and it showed a lot of angles to his life. Depending on who they have working on it, I'd be very interested.
When did this Scott Hall air?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
When did the Scott Hall one air?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was an article on ESPN about Rick Flair and how he has to still wrestle because his debt problems are outrageous.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He just wrestled a about 4-6 weeks ago on TNA. He looks freaking awful and can barely move.
Some guys just don't know when to stop

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the saddest thing about any athlete in any sport. I hate seeing guys who were so awesome still clinging to it and not giving it up (whether it's because they do it for money or just to stay in the spotlight).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wish I was 6' 7" *goes and cries in the corner*
lol I don't. Being 6'7" would be horrid for the sake of bodybuilding. Speaking in terms of being a basketball player, it would be beneficial, but I wouldn't want to be much taller than what I am unless it was for sport aspirations.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pro wrestling is different from other professional athletics in that they can go all over the world and perform until the day they die. The problem with Flair is that his heyday was the 80's and the entire scene was about decadence. Very, very few got out of the business either in tact or alive. The number of wrestlers dying from this era is astounding.

It's a bit morbid, but my friends and I have a drinking game that we play with old wrestling PPVs: take a shot for every dead wrestler. So far, Wrestlemania X has the most with 10, IIRC.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Wrestlemania IX should get one pretty drunk as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's only 5 in WMIX and that's counting Luna Vachon. WMX had Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Crush, Macho Man, Bam Bam Bigelow, Luna Vachon, Mr Perfect (he was a ref), and Earthquake. I'm sure Hall and Lex Luger will be added to that list soon.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't the great kamala just die too?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
There's only 5 in WMIX and that's counting Luna Vachon. WMX had Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Crush, Macho Man, Bam Bam Bigelow, Luna Vachon, Mr Perfect (he was a ref), and Earthquake. I'm sure Hall and Lex Luger will be added to that list soon.
I'll never forget mr perfect as a ref at WM X, he took it so seriously that he even wore referee pants to match his referee shirt.

Attachments

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had his foot amputated because of diabetes right?
Rodja's quote within this quote made me lol.

Makes it a bit more difficult to do that kicking...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a bit out of ironic choice of words by me...

A

amend09

Awards
You are a fan of Benoit? He was one of my top fans til he killed his family off.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think a lot of people were a fan of his until that moment.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
That's the real tragedy, that we could no longer say he's our favorite wrestler.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the real tragedy, that we could no longer say he's our favorite wrestler.
Yeah, was he still under contract when all that went on? IIRC, he was on a leave of absence or something to that degree.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, was he still under contract when all that went on? IIRC, he was on a leave of absence or something to that degree.
He was booked to win the ECW title, but said he had to go home bc his wife and son were vomiting blood.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was booked to win the ECW title, but said he had to go home bc his wife and son were vomiting blood.
Did they ever find out what was wrong with him? I remember blood tests showed a slew of things other then anabolics, or was he just crazy?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did they ever find out what was wrong with him? I remember blood tests showed a slew of things other then anabolics, or was he just crazy?
Nothing definitive other than, "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing definitive other than, "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."
And they say wrestling is fake......

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope its done correctly other wise its just going to be another waste of time and money