Need Assistance/Opinions - One of the worst/scariest nights of my life ..

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards
Hey AM, haven't posted in a while, and it's been even longer than that since I've posted in the "general" section.

Either way, I don't really even know why I'm doing this - I just have no one to talk to - and I don't know that I really need someone to talk to so much as to just get this all down in ink, if for no reason other than I personally need to see it "on paper".

Before I start, this is a very true story, and includes very real people. It's a sensitive subject, and I guess I just want to know what you would do if you were me - because I'm clueless right now.

Anyway, my girlfriend of two years and I haven't been in the "best" of shape lately. We've been fighting quite a bit and just not getting along well. About the last month or so. We're both early 20's, and not living together.

Last weekend we decided to put our best foot forward and move on together and try our best to keep each other, and ourselves, happy. Tonight, I skipped out on watching MNF with my buddies and showed up to where she was and surprised her just to say hi and hang out with her for a little bit.

All went well, and we ran some errands together and just had fun, like we used to, which was awesome. Towards the end of the night, we got into an issue with my work schedule. She didn't like that I was working on a particular day, and I got upset because we were trying to avoid these little things, and I just felt that to fight over a work schedule wasn't worth it.

I left, and she went home, to her parents house, and I went back to my place.

She called me before I got home and continued on a little bit, and we once again just hung up and went about our business.

I was in the middle of trying to figure out why the hell the smoke detector was going off at my house (batteries suck) and I had two missed calls. So, I immediately called her back, and she couldn't speak a coherent word. All I heard was a mix of what sounded like screaming, crying, and vomiting. Then, the call ended from her end.

I ran out to my car to go see her and figure out what was going on (only about 10 mins away). I called a second time on my way, and got the same incoherent, scary, noises. And again, the call ended.

I made it to her house as quickly as I could, and as I turned onto her road, I got a call from her, so I answered with "What the hell is going on, where are you, and are you ok?" Her mother was on the other end and said "I was never welcome at their residence again and I was going to hell".

Now, at this point I'm on her street, and frankly, I'm confused as ****. I show up to the house, and her father is in the road. He tells me to "GTFO or he'll kill me" .. I ask him what's going on, and if she's ok. He replies with a similar threat, and lunges at my car. I start driving away as I see flashing lights coming down the road.

Had it been a cop, I probably, in all honestly, would have booked it. Who knows what he would have said. (mind you I've never had a problem with this family - ever)

It was an ambulance though, and I immediately turned around and went back to the residence. Then paramedics and police, along with a second ambulance showed up. I was pulled from my car by police and searched, as was my car, with no rhyme or reason. Then I saw my girlfriend being pulled down the stairs by paramedics, in a stretcher. She was put in the ambulance, and I was forced to leave.

All I was told is that she took a bunch of pills, and had some wine.

This was all at about 1 am, and it's about 5:15 am, and I can't sleep or anything. I'm scared ****less, and full of all kinds of questions and emotions.

She tried to kill herself (and as much as it makes me nauseous to say it, she may have, as I haven't heard from any one in the family and nobody will answer my calls).

I don't know what's going on, I don't know what to do, and I don't know what's going to happen.

Like I said, I really don't even know why I posted this, but I just had to get it out onto paper, and figured any advice I could get in the process would (hopefully) make things a little easier.

7ten11

7ten11

Awards
I am in awe of your courage to post your story on here bro.
In all honesty I don't think much of us can really help u or totally understand what your feeling.
All I can suggest is to get professional help & get to speak to a councillor as soon as you can.
I wish to god your Girl Friend recovers quickly and all is well soon
Again, please seek professional advice

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards
I am in awe of your courage to post your story on here bro.
In all honesty I don't think much of us can really help u or totally understand what your feeling.
All I can suggest is to get professional help & get to speak to a councillor as soon as you can.
I wish to god your Girl Friend recovers quickly and all is well soon
Again, please seek professional advice
Yea man. Appreciate it. I never thought anything like this would ever happen - especially over something so small (or as it seemed to me) .. I guess at this point my best bet is to just wake up and get to the gym, hopefully get my thoughts a little more clear at least. Not worth going to bed, gotta be up at 6:30 anyway.

I just wish I knew she was ok. Everything else can wait and can be taken step-by-step at a later time. I just want to know she's alive and ok. I don't even know what hospital she went to. There's 4 within a 20 kmi radius of us.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, what I would do is call up one of her friends that is cool with you, voice your concerns but dont get mad or sound controlling. Just say you are concerned so that she doesnt think that you are some crazy psycho bf who is controlling and making your gf do crazy stuff.

Thats all I can really think of... It sucks, but sometimes being concerned and trying to get in there because she is your gf might cause more problems. Just show you are concerned but doing stuff that doesnt invade their territory (her family)...... Good luck, and I hope your GF makes it through this. Hope you make it through this as well.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP,had the same thing happen when I was 14.My suggestion is for the both of you to go your separate ways.She has problems beyond your ability to fix.She will be treated professionally and will find her way.You will both be better off in the long run.Don`t carry it with you like I did,it is not your fault and you need to let it go.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Thats pretty messed up, any news?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope everything is ok and works out for you

my advice is......

she has to get help first off and get herself right.second if she is strong enough to love you and stay with you even though her family isn't supportive then by all means hang in there with her.however if she is going to pick and choose sides depending on the issue.then leave her now and save yourself years of hell.trust me I've been there.sometimes you just have to let some people go.