Did I handle this right?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so I see an ex friend of mine while I was out with the wife and kids.

reason we stopped being friends was the fact he tried to hit on my wife while I was in the same room on some super non slick ****. keep in mind on that same day his babymama who was prego at the time had just left dude cuz he was doing dirt.I found this complete lack of respect aside from the other **** dude had done in the past the last straw and cut off convo with dude.

fast forward 5 years later.

dude comes up to me like things are fine.

He offers his hand for a shake and brings up small talk.

I refuse the hand shake and say naw we cool man it was nice seeing you.

dude plays dumb and says I can't get a hand shake or convo or nuttin

I'm like naw you know whats really up it was nice seeing you though.

dude continues to play dumb.

I turn to walk away with my kids and get a look at his gurl's face she picks up on my vibe that **** ain't sweet and that dude should probably get the **** away from me now.

he keeps talking and for his gurl and kids sake I play nice and chat it up for a few seconds trying to be nice.

he mentions he is getting married I shake dude's hand and say congrats say it was cool seeing ya again( and try to play off my non shake at the start as my attempt of a joke) and walk away.

I know dude is a bitch from years back so I know he ain't want no problems and the hallow ween store was packed with people so the chances of me breaking this dude's face in front of everyone and his kid and babymama were slim.

I could have outted dude in front of his kid and girl or did etc but didn't for the sake of his girl who by the looks of things is too dumb to leave this guy.

was taking the high road the right thing to do?

as I thought about this a little later I got the feeling.**** sometimes a mother****er needs his ass kicked or exposed but at the end of the day I know being a man and walking away is the right thing to do so thats what I did.

thoughts???

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I'm sorry man, but it's five years later. It's not worth worrying or stressing about any of this. You did the right thing by trying to keep it short, being cordial, and being on your way. Don't give it any more thought than that, it's not worth your time. Spend your time thinking of positive things, you only have so much of it so it's not worth worrying about anything else!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
What you did was fine, just keep it movin, it was 5 years ago, if you wanted to bust his ass, you shoulda done it then, doin it now and goin to jail would be stupid after all that time has passed.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You handled it the perfect way.

Eberly

Banned
Awards
What you did was fine, just keep it movin, it was 5 years ago, if you wanted to bust his ass, you shoulda done it then, doin it now and goin to jail would be stupid after all that time has passed.
you are make right advice

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
i agree you handled like a gentleman....:)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think handled it perfectly. You put others before yourself.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You did the right thing. Plus if you think about it, his girl GUARANTEED interrogated him all night after that, why aren't u guys cool etc etc, what happened? He's probably gonna lie to her, then one day the truth will come out and bite him in the ass, leading to another lost relationship, only with his girl this time. Karma's a bitch. Your fist in his face is not a balance of karma, we each have our own ;)
Nice work man.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You did the right thing. Plus if you think about it, his girl GUARANTEED interrogated him all night after that, why aren't u guys cool etc etc, what happened? He's probably gonna lie to her, then one day the truth will come out and bite him in the ass, leading to another lost relationship, only with his girl this time. Karma's a bitch. Your fist in his face is not a balance of karma, we each have our own ;)
Nice work man.

very good point.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I would think you played it right. As he is BOUND to get some mean interrogation by his new to be wife lol.

if you hit him it would've ended with you looking bad, and his girl hating you, or dispising you and pitying the fool. Now the fool is being smacked by his woman on why he's such a jerk. You did well my friend. You also made it look even worse seeing it was his bad and you didn't even bring it up infront of his woman.... that's some friendship right there. That dude should be sad you aren't still around to set him straight.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back before I gave my life to the Lord, I had my best friend betray me in a lot of ways. My pride turned that betrayal into rage and I was going to kill him. I was planning it out and plotting. Caused me to have bad health issues from the stress so I never went through with it (thankfully!!!!). Four years later after I returned to the church, my preacher was talking about forgiveness and it hit me right between the eyes. HARD! I knew that I had to forgive him for what he had done or it would continue to eat away at me. I had to put it in the Lord's hands and let Him have it. Most of the time when we hold on to a grudge, the other person isn't affected but it is us that take the mental abuse of the grudge. My best advice is to let it go and forgive him of his stupidity. I'm not saying to forget or start hanging out with him again but the release of the grudge is a big weight lifted off your shoulders. It was for me anyways. Best wishes!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Great job Mich,. and excellent advice all around!!!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You did the right thing. Plus you can always stomp him out in your head movies, you can even mix it up, sometimes I like to pretend I'm Wolverine. (don't judge me)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back before I gave my life to the Lord, I had my best friend betray me in a lot of ways. My pride turned that betrayal into rage and I was going to kill him. I was planning it out and plotting. Caused me to have bad health issues from the stress so I never went through with it (thankfully!!!!). Four years later after I returned to the church, my preacher was talking about forgiveness and it hit me right between the eyes. HARD! I knew that I had to forgive him for what he had done or it would continue to eat away at me. I had to put it in the Lord's hands and let Him have it. Most of the time when we hold on to a grudge, the other person isn't affected but it is us that take the mental abuse of the grudge. My best advice is to let it go and forgive him of his stupidity. I'm not saying to forget or start hanging out with him again but the release of the grudge is a big weight lifted off your shoulders. It was for me anyways. Best wishes!
great advice here.I had let it go and moved on but seeing him kinda bought back alot of bs that went down before it happened.

hopefully he gets himself together for his kid's sake but idk I stopped hanging around guys like him years ago cuz of stuff like that always happenin its cool when your young with no kids and etc but I'm too old now to be around that stuff now plus theres no respect and no trust and I can't bring those kinda people around my kids and etc.

Yea I would think you played it right. As he is BOUND to get some mean interrogation by his new to be wife lol.

if you hit him it would've ended with you looking bad, and his girl hating you, or dispising you and pitying the fool. Now the fool is being smacked by his woman on why he's such a jerk. You did well my friend. You also made it look even worse seeing it was his bad and you didn't even bring it up infront of his woman.... that's some friendship right there. That dude should be sad you aren't still around to set him straight.
yea for his kid's sake I'd like to help set him straight but he burned his bridge with me so I wish for his kid's sake the best.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You did the right thing. Plus you can always stomp him out in your head movies, you can even mix it up, sometimes I like to pretend I'm Wolverine. (don't judge me)
I lol'ed.thanks I needed a good laugh. I thought of a few ways to handle it kinda like this but in the end went with the adult way which was ALOT less fun.though it woulda been nice to bruce lee dude in his face.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
You deff handled it right. The main thing in this situation is that your kids were there...honestly if it was just you two kick the guys ass if you want lol but it was really good that you had self control in front of your kids. They are very impressionable and they prob would not want to see their dad get into a fight or hurt someone else.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
naw,gurl,dude.

My freaking head hurts.