I can't wait for this(video)!!!!!!!!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Im so pumped that Joss whendon is directing it! I so pumped to see that dude working with big time actors!!! I hope the NIN song is in the movie!

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
A lot of people have been very happy that they used a NON song.

I think the song will be in the movie....if they use it on the commercial they usually 99.99999999% of the time use it in the movie but most of the time at the end of the movie

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
whats non song?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
What song are they using from nin

benmuscle

Awards
What is everyone's favourite film remake of comics? Mine has to be the new batman films.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is everyone's favourite film remake of comics? Mine has to be the new batman films.
The Punisher with Thomas Jane. That movie just had "man movie" written all over it. Makes me want to stomp faces every time I see it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and for those not familiar, it was a remake of the old 80's version starring Dolph Lundgren

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
and for those not familiar, it was a remake of the old 80's version starring Dolph Lundgren

Actually wasnt it just a new movie based on the comic that had nothing to do with the Dolf movie? Could be wrong. Its been a while. My favorate superhero movie is Batman Begins by the way.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually wasnt it just a new movie based on the comic that had nothing to do with the Dolf movie? Could be wrong. Its been a while. My favorate superhero movie is Batman Begins by the way.
Yep a remake.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Yep a remake.
Did they have the same plot? I thought I remembered the dolf version being a different story with a different villan. Actually, I think the Thomas Jane version was an origin story and the Dolf version startedwith the punisher already doing his thing, so this would make the thomas Jane version a reboot. It restarted the franchise, butit was a seperate movie that happened to be based on the same comic. It really wasnt a remake of the original.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did they have the same plot? I thought I remembered the dolf version being a different story with a different villan. Actually, I think the Thomas Jane version was an origin story and the Dolf version startedwith the punisher already doing his thing, so this would make the thomas Jane version a reboot. It restarted the franchise, butit was a seperate movie that happened to be based on the same comic. It really wasnt a remake of the original.
reboot/remake... I think we are getting our words blurred by hollywood standards. the dolph version covered his origins and why he does what he does just like the jane version (and even the stevenson version that came out a couple of years later) did. It's the same source material. It's coming from the same place, albeit with slightly altered storylines. It's a remake of the same source material that rebooted the franchise lol.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
reboot/remake... I think we are getting our words blurred by hollywood standards. the dolph version covered his origins and why he does what he does just like the jane version (and even the stevenson version that came out a couple of years later) did. It's the same source material. It's coming from the same place, albeit with slightly altered storylines. It's a remake of the same source material that rebooted the franchise lol.
Eh, I see what your saying, but I still think its a completely differnt movie that just so happens to be based on the comic. I guess we could go all day though. What did you think of the Stevenson version?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, I see what your saying, but I still think its a completely differnt movie that just so happens to be based on the comic. I guess we could go all day though. What did you think of the Stevenson version?
Meh, it was a little too corny for me. If you like a lot of violence it has it's place, but Jane's version is the best out there IMO.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Meh, it was a little too corny for me. If you like a lot of violence it has it's place, but Jane's version is the best out there IMO.
Agreed. The Stevenson one was entertaining, but ya, not the best overall.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cgkone Anabolics 9
Anabolics 15
Fatal Wisdom General Chat 3
mixedup LG Sciences 11
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 0