Bank of America to charge $5 monthly fee for debit card purchases

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
Bank of America to charge $5 monthly fee for debit card purchases - latimes.com

Most Bank of America customers will soon see a new charge on their statements -- $5 for any month in which they use a BofA debit card to make a purchase...

so that's $60 a year for using your debit card... makes me think what the fee will be if you don't use the card... they're gonna rape us either way i figure... $5 a month will lead to people not using their debit cards which will force BofA to slam us with new fees for not using the cards... ****

BofA, "oh you used your debit card this month... that's a $5.00 fee. oh, you didn't use your debit card this month, that's a $5.00 fee."

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
i was thinking
in my town, there are robberies daily (i listen to the police radio) and i always wonder if stores even carry a lot of cash anymore
NOW with that $5.00 fee, stores will be getting a ton more cash users
which means more money to rob

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad I switched to first financial credit union.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea boa is bad news.glad I never fell for there marketing and selling ads

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
that's ridiculous charging $60 per year to use a debit card when you dont get any rewards and its like a cash purchase to the bank. I'd fire BOA if I did any business with them

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
The current administration (can or did) lower the fee that that banks charge business for letting the consumer use the cards to make purchases.
The banks simply passed that savings on to the customers. Great job aye? BofA is only doing what makes sense. They will probably make more money off of this than when they just charged business a percentage (or a flat fee) for card usage.

I wouldn't bitch at BofA I'd bitch at cap. Hill

Other banks will soon follow.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Wow thats ridiculous...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can buy some Test with those $60. I loved having an ATM card because I don't have to carry my cash everywhere and it kept me away from credit cards. I hate using credit cards but now I might have to do that again :yuck:

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Im so happy I just opened a BofA account /shoots self in head

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/bank-america-trying-stick-taxpayers-7
Bank of America Trying To Stick Taxpayers With A $74 Trillion Bill By Moving Derivatives Into FDIC-Insured Accounts
Bank of America Corp. (BAC), hit by a credit downgrade last month, has moved derivatives from its Merrill Lynch unit to a subsidiary flush with insured deposits, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation…

Bank of America’s holding company — the parent of both the retail bank and the Merrill Lynch securities unit — held almost $75 trillion of derivatives at the end of June, according to data compiled by the OCC. About $53 trillion, or 71 percent, were within Bank of America NA, according to the data, which represent the notional values of the trades.

That compares with JPMorgan’s deposit-taking entity, JPMorgan Chase Bank NA, which contained 99 percent of the New York-based firm’s $79 trillion of notional derivatives, the OCC data show.