Signs of adrenal and thyroid problems?

7hebigbeas7

Awards
I have concluded that I probably have thyroid problems and adrenal fatigue, in fact, I'm 90% sure I do. I'm only 16, but have noticed my muscles take ages to heal. I've been training for almost 2 years, and it has never taken this long for my muscles to heal. At the very least, it takes a week to have no soreness. I am not overtraining either. I'm in the gym for an hour atm and I'm getting enough protein and all that. I know you guys aren't doctors, but just give me you're input. Thanks!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have concluded that I probably have thyroid problems and adrenal fatigue, in fact, I'm 90% sure I do. I'm only 16, but have noticed my muscles take ages to heal. I've been training for almost 2 years, and it has never taken this long for my muscles to heal. At the very least, it takes a week to have no soreness. I am not overtraining either. I'm in the gym for an hour atm and I'm getting enough protein and all that. I know you guys aren't doctors, but just give me you're input. Thanks!
To be honest, those symptoms alone don't sound like they're tied to possible adrenal or thyroid issues to me. I was diagnosed hypothyroid (under-active) back in January, though I've had the issues for many years and now signs are pointing to complications from either my pituitary, hypothalmus or adrenals (or some combination of all; though I suspect pituitary is the root). I'm not trying to hijack; just simply noting that so you're aware that I'm unfortunately more well versed in this area than I'd like to be.

The simple solution would be to have your doctor run some blood work for you and do a thyroid panel. As for the adrenals, have you been using a lot of stimulants? If you have, have you not taken any breaks from their use? How is your stress level?

There are a lot of questions that can be asked, but to put your mind at ease, see about the blood work.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This kid needs a psycologist..we have discussed this over and over again and he keep thinking he has all these diseases including ones that dont exist and he refuses to see a doctor.

[h=2]Im 16 and think I have thyroid/adrenal problems. Please help[/h]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/182609-im-16-think.html

Do I have kidney problems? Please help. I'm only 15
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/176957-do-i-have.html#post2899719.

I have been having this for almost a year. I have to go pee more often and when I do go, I get bubbly urine. It all started when I started taking dietary supplements such as creatine when I was 14. I'm now almost 16 and pondering what I should do. I will most likely have my kidneys checked in 2 months.
Well. My docter got back with me and apparently my blood creatine levels and amino levels etc. are normal. So is it safe to say I don't have kidney problems? Tell me your alls opinion.
And you bought up these adrenal issues even further in the past

Do I have an adrenal gland problem? Plz help. I'm kinda scared.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/174812-do-i-have.html

I noticed symptoms such as fatigue, wasting of arms if I don't eat enough, bad memory, high stress, high blood pressure. This started ever since I started lifting weights( once I gained a considerable ammount of fat). I used to get good blood flow to muscles, now I don't. I find it hard to sleep at night. I also fall asleep after I workout. I don't want to go the docter cuz I'm scared of what the results will be. What do you guys think? I'm 16 btw. Idk if this could be part of the problem, but I've been take pw supps since age 14. What should I do? I hate going to the docter.
Please go see a doctor and a psychologist.

7hebigbeas7

Awards
To be honest, those symptoms alone don't sound like they're tied to possible adrenal or thyroid issues to me. I was diagnosed hypothyroid (under-active) back in January, though I've had the issues for many years and now signs are pointing to complications from either my pituitary, hypothalmus or adrenals (or some combination of all; though I suspect pituitary is the root). I'm not trying to hijack; just simply noting that so you're aware that I'm unfortunately more well versed in this area than I'd like to be.The simple solution would be to have your doctor run some blood work for you and do a thyroid panel. As for the adrenals, have you been using a lot of stimulants? If you have, have you not taken any breaks from their use? How is your stress level?There are a lot of questions that can be asked, but to put your mind at ease, see about the blood work.
This isn't the only symptom. I also am very tired even if I get 10 or so hours of sleep. I also find it VERY hard to lose weight. My strength isn't going up fast either so I'm wondering if it's a testosterone issue. I'm 16 and I don't shave! There's something wrong there I think. As far as stimulants. I'm off them. After about a year of taking jack3d and many other preworkouts with very little breaks off them, I decided it could cause or worsen my adrenal fatigue. I also had EXTREMELY high stress last year when I started school due to fights and also grades. I noticed I got so stressed, I started developing gyno on my left nipple. This may seem like I'm making it up, but I'm very serious. This is NO BULL****. The other guy keeps trolling my posts. Give me your advice again and input. This is very helpful. Thanks

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go see a psychologist please...now you say stress caused gyno on your left nipple, the only symptom your showing...and Im not saying this to make fun of you, but its called depression, you need some professional help right away.

Everybody who has tried to help you told you to go to see a doctor, but you keep coming on here with diseases that dont even exist, its all in your head, please go see professional help.