Compliments = Motivation

1. Registered User
    Answers

Compliments = Motivation

First off, I'm not a vain person by any means, and I hate to brag. I am more modest than anything. I don't know how to accept a compliment, and I usually address them by changing the topic. However, I do appreciate the compliments I have been recently receiving about my physique. I've had recent compliments by my gym manager, other gym employees (and yes, they are female ), dudes and dudettes at the gym, old friends, coworkers, etc. In fact, the other day I was at my son's Junior High School when a group of his friends came over and told me how "buff" I was. My son is all proud of his old Dad. It seems that recently I hear something every couple of days. If not directly, then through someone my wife or son knows.

Last Aug/Sep I was out of shape and overweight. I had set my goals, short term/long term, and met my short term, have a ways to go for my long. This may sound stupid, but these compliments have kept my motivation strong.

I was just wondering how many of the bro's here enjoy hearing the compliments as I do, and if it helps in a way to keep you motivated.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Hey cuffs, good to hear you are getting compliments. I know that keeps people motivated.....you know you're doing something right. I get those type of comments at times, but I work out at home.....never set foot in a gym.....so you have more people looking at you. My wife constantly reminds me of how 'big' I look......hell, I think I need lots o work. My mom also says....'look how big your arms are'. My mother in law tells my wife, 'what you feeding that man, he looks bigger every time I see him'.

Now if we could only do something about your C.L.S..............

CHICKEN.....LEG....SYNDROME! lol! don't worry I got it too.
  3. Superman
    Answers

I like it when I get compliments...it is added motivation and helps me to realize that I am doing good in what I am trying to accomplish. Also, sometimes its hard for me to realize changes in my body since I look at myself everyday, but getting opinions from others helps me to see progress I'm making.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

The compliments are great motivators. Moms and girlfriends or wives are great for this. Gotta love em.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I know what you mean bro, even though I'm not a ripped up 230 like I'm shooting for, people have noticed the change, especially from chicks
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

Compliments are always motivating...not only at the gym, but work, or life in general.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Answers

People say I am pretty "big" or "thick". I brush them off, because I know I look anorexic
  8. Registered User
    Answers

*sigh, I use to get those comments 2 years ago, now its, omg stop, you are looking stupid you are so big...
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

yeah I have gotten a ton of comments from everyone since I started cutting hard this Spring, it feels great Of course once I mentioned it, my fiancee had to rub it in that I was losing some muscle on Tri-max.... I swear women can never let you have it too good
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    yeah I have gotten a ton of comments from everyone since I started cutting hard this Spring, it feels great Of course once I mentioned it, my fiancee had to rub it in that I was losing some muscle on Tri-max.... I swear women can never let you have it too good
    LOL!

Compliments definitely help keep me going. Sometimes you think you are making good gains, but looking at yourself everyday makes it harder to judge. When people throw compliments at me I know those gains really are coming on and it all seems worth it. I know it makes getting that next can of tuna down a little easier too.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    LOL!

Compliments definitely help keep me going.
    Did I ever tell you that you give the best blow jobs ever?
  12. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Compliments are great and all but nothing fuels my fire like negative comments. I'm the type of person that needs to be told he's not good enough or I have a weak spot to really get me motivated.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I got the best compliment ever today!!
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 10:50 PM
  2. Ingredients for success (Motivation)
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 12:36 AM
  3. heheh... got the best compliment
    By Milo Hobgoblin in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 06:24 PM
  4. No Motivation in Winter?