Morbid Obesity Story: sick sad world

1. Registered User

Morbid Obesity Story: sick sad world

I've read some pretty sick seven-esq stuff before, but this has to take the cake, a 600lb women on a couch for so many years her skin becomes grafted into the fabric and she has to be surgically removed, in the process she dies.

One thing I remark about this is that in all these cases where an individual becomes a severely obese shut in there is an 'enabler' or person who facilitates this kind of morbid obesity, someone who continues to feed and care for them and basically 'enable' and allow their obesity problem to reach such a level. I know even with little activity the body is going to burn a massive amount of calories when it reaches such size. I know the Thyroid in someone can be messed up and cause them to be both very obese and at the same time weak, but that is no excuse for someone sitting by and allowing this sort of thing to happen since at some point a doctor should become involved, irreguardless of the embarassment (when someone reaches a weight where they can barely walk for example)

anyway heres the link, sad as it is

http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html

2. Board Supporter

Interesting story...but to be honest, I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for that fat bitch. Washington wants to take away our PHs, but this is just fine .
  3. Registered User

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DieTrying
    Interesting story...but to be honest, I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for that fat bitch. Washington wants to take away our PHs, but this is just fine .
    I dont see how politics/phs/washington relates to this?
    •   

4. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Meerschaum
    I dont see how politics/phs/washington relates to this?
    The whole idea behind the ban is that government can legislate us to a healthier state of being. If there is one major contributor to a lot of US citizen's unhealthy state, it's the **** they eat on a constant basis. I've got one fat ass I work with, she has soda and popcorn for breakfast every day. It's ridiculous.
  5. Registered User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    The whole idea behind the ban is that government can legislate us to a healthier state of being. If there is one major contributor to a lot of US citizen's unhealthy state, it's the **** they eat on a constant basis. I've got one fat ass I work with, she has soda and popcorn for breakfast every day. It's ridiculous.
    cant argue there
  6. Registered User

Wait a sec.

Does this mean that all I have to do to become and unstoppable cyborg is sit down on wire, metal plating, and a mini-gun for a year?

Sweet!
  7. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by PastorofMuppets
    Wait a sec.

Does this mean that all I have to do to become and unstoppable cyborg is sit down on wire, metal plating, and a mini-gun for a year?

Sweet!
    Yeah, but you're gonna have to bend over to shoot people.
  8. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!

I can get you a mini gun; Barrett light-50, just let me know! =)
  9. Registered User

Yeah, but you're gonna have to bend over to shoot people.
    Well duh, where else would you put a mini gun silly?
  10. Registered User

The whole idea behind the ban is that government can legislate us to a healthier state of being. If there is one major contributor to a lot of US citizen's unhealthy state, it's the **** they eat on a constant basis.
    Agreed.
  11. Registered User

i dont get it she was stuck of her couch for 5 years!!! she didnt go anywhere!!
  12. Registered User

I think the story might be fake.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by acecombact1
    i dont get it she was stuck of her couch for 5 years!!! she didnt go anywhere!!
    thats my point, how if she really didnt move for 5 years, its criminal (whoever let it get that bad), not to mention very disgusting
  14. Registered User

I am not saying this is right but come on......stop being so easy to judge, people out there have issues and it's our job to educate...... Thyroid is a large issue in some people's lives....Be understanding....or try.........
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    I am not saying this is right but come on......stop being so easy to judge, people out there have issues and it's our job to educate...... Thyroid is a large issue in some people's lives....Be understanding....or try.........
    I am usually a compassionate person in most cases, but this type of thing sickens me. I cannot see ANY excuse for someone to be that overly obese and have that bad of living conditions, even with a serious thyroid problem. There are very, very few circumstances where one could say she truly "couldn't help it" IMO.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerschaum
    thats my point, how if she really didnt move for 5 years, its criminal (whoever let it get that bad), not to mention very disgusting
    There was some guy living with her. He is being investigated for charges. She didnt even move to take a ****. Report said that the place was so disgusting that thy had to pump fresh air into the place whilw the paramedics rolled her out. ****ing gross..
  17. Registered User

I actually don't belive the story, someone can't live like that for so many yrs, and if she can what the hell does that say about people in this world.....the smell alone ( crapping and pissing her pants) would have made someone in the world come around to say something...........
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    I'm not judging her at all wrangler, in fact I think beyond a certain point she herself was a victim, because I think most can agree an individual that enjoys or wants to live in such a horrible condition isnt mentally sound or is simply incapable of helping themself.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. LLL concerns, another sad story (help)
    By Goat_guy in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM
  2. Morbidly Obese: please help
    By cabrar in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
  3. There are some sick people in this world.
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 07:35 AM
  4. I AM SICK.. of feeling over loaded with info
    By WanaKnowMore in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 07:34 PM