Anyone else play with custom ROMs on their phone?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got an Evo, and i've been playing around with the Synergy rom now, have used a few others. Just wondering if anyone else does this

raters95

Awards
Yes I do, I root Android phones and try a lot of different roms but I'm currently using Cyanogen 7.0 on my Mytouch 4G.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm liking the Synergy, very crisp + clean. I used to do the same with the windows mobile phones, back to 2004 or so :)

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
anyone wanna shed some light on ROMs? I got a Droid X (1st version), and it's basically STOCK, bone-stock. I remember when I was first getting my phone I saw a lot of cool ROM youtube videos, but I kinda just forgot about it....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone wanna shed some light on ROMs? I got a Droid X (1st version), and it's basically STOCK, bone-stock. I remember when I was first getting my phone I saw a lot of cool ROM youtube videos, but I kinda just forgot about it....
You can look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=691

its a bit complex up front if you've never done it so far. you need to be careful. The basic steps are to root the phone, set up a boot loader, then flash the rom.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
Running a Tmobile G2 on the iceandfire2.0 rom. Runs great however I'm thinking of switching to the Miui.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Running Synergy on my Droid Incredible. Might be getting a new phone soon, but I'm not sure what I want.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its just a pity you have to use the stock kernel with synergy. oh well

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
yup. my atrix is about 9000 times better than it was stock.