Do women care about the look?

Nuteboy

Awards
I read this from another board and wanted to post it. What do you guys think? Are bodybuilders "left" out of the loop when there's a pretty woman?

"Today is so messed up becuz most girls don´t give a **** if you look great or not; or if you bust your ass in the gym. It seems all they care about is the $ and influence . When i say influence i mean , like be someone famous, well known at some place, good at something like a sport or some activity, and again have $.

Look around and you'll see the most beautifull gilrs are with complete jerks , who either are skinny or fat asses . Do girls care for the look??

i know it´s not all, but lately i can´t understand woman preference , it´s fucked up."

spoofy

Awards
girls care about looks. To be honest quite a few of my girlfriends are some rich dudes wives these old guys give them money while they are doing younger hotter guys behind their backs.

But at the same time...looks don't matter as much to women as it does for us... they have a greater concern for security.

drei

Awards
Depends

Everyone's initial response is physical but after that it's your game that matters. At this point in my life (bad breakup last year) all I want is sex from woman and that's it. Once I had it clear in my head that sex was all I wanted that's what I pursued and presented to women. And the funny thing is that since I don't bullshit them about my intentions I typically will get that ass 80% of the time.
Take it from an older bro here "your outter cnfidence will get you a long way in the dating game". Get your confidence and game in check first and watch how much easier it is to cast the line and reel women in.

Women outnumber men 3 to 1 on the planet so have fun bruh!

size

Awards
  • Established
I certainly think it matters to women. However, just like everything else, people have different tastes. For instance, many americans think Britney Spears is beautiful; I think she is average and really does nothing for me. I would much prefer Gisele Bundchen. :thumbsup:
I meet many women who find the bber physique to be impressive but not attractive(too extreme). However, almost all of the women I meet want a man who is in good physical shape.

Nuteboy

Awards
Hey thanks for the reply Size. Hey let me ask where are you from? Are you from another country? The reason I asked is when I visited Norway ( my wife is Norwegian) I saw so many women that where "blond hair blue eye" type.

It was weird to see how Norwegians really did not find the "blond hair blue eye" type as sexy only cuz majority of the people there look like that.

However here in American that look is considered "hot." Or at least for most.

Last edited:

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Symmetry and proportion are the basic criteria for 'good looks' according to science.

The thing about blond hair is that only a certain genetic sequence common in scandinavia can keep hair blond for much longer unlike normal 'blonds' whose hair will darken when in their 20s. So I suppose people associate blond hair unconciously as a 'youthful' characteristic.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wife and her friends (late 20's, pretty hot), definitely notice a good physique, but they seem to find the BBer size to be too much. Women always like abs and low bodyfat though - I think many would go for a lean skinny guy over a muscular guy with >10% BF.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Women deffinitely preferr the Brad Pitt look over the Marcus Ruhl look. Skinney, Ripped (or even slightly ripped), and hhhhhandsome.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Sorry speaking as a girl, looks only go so far, its whats inside that counts, I know sounds stupid and not real but I like to think I am not your typical girl, and I stand by this!!!!

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everyone's initial response is physical but after that it's your game that matters. At this point in my life (bad breakup last year) all I want is sex from woman and that's it. Once I had it clear in my head that sex was all I wanted that's what I pursued and presented to women. And the funny thing is that since I don't bullshit them about my intentions I typically will get that ass 80% of the time.
Take it from an older bro here "your outter cnfidence will get you a long way in the dating game". Get your confidence and game in check first and watch how much easier it is to cast the line and reel women in.

!
i totally agree here. don't bullshit, play games or act like a chump. be confident and truthful and the ladies will respect you and do what you want cuz they are whores too.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I think they way your body looks/build is the better chance of getting a girl to bed, now after that its up to you to keep her by how you treat her

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I think they way your body looks/build is the better chance of getting a girl to bed, now after that its up to you to keep her by how you treat her
Plus, once you get your confidence up you tend to try more often, which by itself leads to more hits. Bottom line is to stop worrying about what other guys are doing with other women and get your own **** in order.

Wreck

Awards
Yep. Pitt was voted the hottest body in Hollywood by E or one of the big entertainment mags. Chicks dig ripped 6/8 packs - doesn't take much muscle at all. And a lot of them don't like the really big guys. However, they're more attracted to muscle than most will admit. While I don't consider myself big by any stretch, I certainly get my share of the girls rubbing on my arms and chest. Doesn't suck.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I lucked out with my girlfriend. Most girls I know don't like guys that are too huge. I've only met one girl in my life who thinks anyone in the IFBB is attractive: my girlfriend. I was flipping through a Muscle & Fitness a while ago, and she looked over my shoulder and said "Ooooo" at a picture of Gunter Schlierkamp. Then she asked me "are you going to look like that eventually?" in a hopeful tone of voice.

Seeing as how I'm looking to get into the NPC and compete, this bodes well. It will even further increase my incentive to work hard and gain more muscle since the more muscle I gain, the more attracted to me she'll be.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Muscle is over-rated.. I'm goin' for the starving underwear model look from now on... ;)

plumplum

Awards
Sorry speaking as a girl, looks only go so far, its whats inside that counts, I know sounds stupid and not real but I like to think I am not your typical girl, and I stand by this!!!!

Speaking as a girl as well, I have to agree with wrangler. The outside only goes so far, and it constantly changes. Who you are on the inside is the most important thing. I've dated guys of all diff body types, and looks...Just so happens that they had awesome personalities. Someone's personality can either make them attractive or extremely the opposite. Most guys tend to have this "stereotype" of how women are...guess Im not the typical girl either.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Personality" is another word for money.

For a woman, a guy with a "good personality" means they have "a lot of money."

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Personality" is another word for money.

For a woman, a guy with a "good personality" means they have "a lot of money."
you've got alot to learn. money, good looks, muscles, ferrari, etc. is all icing on the cake. It's your "GAME" that gets you pussy. Do you have game? obviously not!

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Game is what you "spit". Game is how you talk and how you conduct yourself. I have seen really really obese dudes and skinny ass chicken legged guys get the girl because they got G (game).

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Our chosen lifestyle of lifting large amounts of iron and building up our bodies beyond what is considered "normal" comes at a price.

One of the biggest negatives is simply due to the assumption that guys who like to bodybuild are stupid, shallow, or somehow not quite mentally normal. Somehow, the willingness to spend time scarfing down fast food and swilling beer has become normal behavior and to deviate from that gets you labeling a "health nut".

It's really sad that self discipline is seen as weird. Even when we all know that we occasionally party it up harder than most normal folk. ;)

But if anyone thinks that they will simply start nailing the ladies because of the work in the gym, they are sadly mistaken. (but it's nice to dream isn't it?)

Nuteboy

Awards
So why is it Past? Why are bodybuilders stigmatize as being stupid or dumb? Is it society or the media or commercials?

I agree that it's sad that being an abusive beer drinker and fat guy is considered normal and accepted.

Not the case if you're a bodybuilder, UNLESS, the women just want you as a "boy toy."

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Game, shmame. Game is just confidence. If you portray yourself as confident without being overly cocky, that's all game is. I have plenty of "game", but I don't need it being in a committed relationship. Game get's you in the door, that's all. Without game they won't talk to you. Once they start talking though, if you don't meet their standards of looks and money (having more in one will make up for the other), then you won't make the cut.

Whether women admit it or not, they crave security. They want to be pampered, and so they look for a guy who can pamper them and provide security. One form of security they look for is physical. That's why guys with a good build do better with the ladies. Another form of security is finantial. Lie all you want about how women don't like a guy with money, you'll be contradicting 90% of the female population's ACTIONS. I don't care about words, like anything else, action is what matters. You can talk till you're blue in the face about how unimportant money is, but then you'll turn right around and jump at the chance to go after some ugly jerk in a Ferrari wearing designer clothes and expensive jewelry. Don't friggin lie to me, I see it every time I go out with friends. I see it over and over and over. For you to claim otherwise is saying that what I witness everytime I go out doesn't happen. Sorry, but I believe reality over some person's false claim any day of the week.

Heck, a friend of mine and I tested it out. When we went out, he wore some fake jewelry and some designer clothes. I wore similar style clothes but no jewlery at all. It was clear to anyone looking at us, it appeared as though he had more money. When we talked to girls that night, he would mention his "job" on the stock market and he would talk about how pissed he was about his bonus not breaking 7 figures this year (all a complete lie, the guy makes like 30 grand a year). Girls were ALL OVER him. The guy is a pretty homely dude. Even he admits it and jokes about it. He's got a bit of a gut as well and not much muscle at all. I did pretty well with the women that night but the second someone came along who was wearing nicer clothes or had some "bling" it was over. Later that evening I started using the same tactic he was, switching over my conversation topic to talk about how much money I was fictitiously making, and nothing could pull the girls off of me.

It disgusted me. The number of leaches out there is appalling.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Truth, the fact is sadly that the vast majority of hardcore guys at the gym are meatheads. Many though are not stupid, just undereducated. Their athleticism precluded any need to gain knowledge. A lifetime of this kind of lifestyle has caused them to become disinterested in learning in general. As a result, even if they have potential, because of their lack of interest in most topics, they severely lack in knowledge and thus come across as stupid.

Nuteboy

Awards
Come on Size you really don't mean that, right bro? I remember a friend telling me that "anyone" who makes it in this sport ( money wise) has to be smart.

Look at Ronnie, Jay, Art Atwood, Dorian, Arnold, Lee Priest, Kevin and the list goes on and on. Do you guys agree or no?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To make it in the sport you have to have extensive knowledge of the intricacies of training, nutrition, and pharmacology. So the top guys aren't stupid or at the very least, they have smart people around them and pay close attention to their advice.

However, the average hardcore gym rat is dumb as a stone.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
So why is it Past? Why are bodybuilders stigmatize as being stupid or dumb? Is it society or the media or commercials?

I agree that it's sad that being an abusive beer drinker and fat guy is considered normal and accepted.

Not the case if you're a bodybuilder, UNLESS, the women just want you as a "boy toy."
Probably a combination of both really.

Society falls into the stereotype that one must be either physically strong or mentally strong, two extremes. Personally I believe that the majority of said stereotyping is furthered by our fellow males who have chosen the road of laziness and a pudgy gut. Males of almost all species have an innate competitve nature when it comes to other males. When faced with an obviously more physically "threatening" guy a male will resort to insults and stereotyping in order to justify his own inadequacies and laziness.

And partly, the lazy male is correct. General health enhancement aside, there is no real need for human males to be super strong or physically intimidating anymore. There are no hand to hand clan wars, there are cushy office jobs that let us make a decent living without any real physical demands, and just like electricity....most men will follow the path of least resistance.

But, the few men who embrace their innate male competitive side tend to broadcast their "dominance" in the ways that are both legal and socially "acceptable". These males are the ones who will, instead of spending the majority of their free time relaxing, get out and DO something, anything that is stimulating and gets them back to their basic male needs. Whether it is sports, bodybuilding, rock climbing, hunting, whatever, it doesn't matter.

The "lazy man's" stereotypes manifest themselves in many ways, some are so far out there that it is hilarious:

Let's see, where's the stupid myths again? Oh yeah, let's see if anyone has heard these from a lazy ****.

1. All that muscle makes you slow.
2. All that muscle will turn to fat after you stop.
3. Lifting weights with other guys means you are a homo.

And my personal fave:

Big muscles = small cock. To which I usually reply: "So, since I started out as a 165lb weakling, I guess now I have big muscles and a penis that would make godzilla blush right?"

Now whether a woman has bought into the stereotypes or not is up to her I suppose.

Let's face it, sadly, big = dumb is not going away any time soon.

But I pride myself on trying to be the strongest nerd that people have ever met. :)

size

Awards
  • Established
Come on Size you really don't mean that, right bro? I remember a friend telling me that "anyone" who makes it in this sport ( money wise) has to be smart.

Look at Ronnie, Jay, Art Atwood, Dorian, Arnold, Lee Priest, Kevin and the list goes on and on. Do you guys agree or no?
I do mean it, and I stand by it from experience. The guys you mentioned above have amazing physiques, and their income is based on the physical body. They are NOT being paid for intellectual reasons. In fact, I could argue that all of those men are foolish/stupid/ignorant for sacrificing their bodies for vanity and money at the cost of individual health.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That is great advice and oh so true...

Women outnumber men 3 to 1 on the planet so have fun bruh!
Yeah but only 33% of them are hotties so it evens out:)

BV

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
preach the game word!!! its how you spit or spin your game in how you get along with the ladies...

if you got mental distractions or other BS goin on it can really interfere... takes some focus sometimes; you actually have to pay attention to what they are saying instead of looking at their... uh ... extremeties :D use what they say and how they respond to your questions to move it on a bit better...

game is real; I have experienced it firsthand since being single in the past 2 years... i learned a lot in that relationship about what turns girls on and what turns them off...
having a friend watch doesnt hurt either... get your boy to watch the game and after you crash and burn (and you will many times) have him tell you where you went wrong

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
There really is a system to it! My buddy and I used to critique eachother's game and it actually really helped. When it comes to the whole single/dating thing, its ALL a game. I found the girl i wanted and am still with her. But I couldnt have done it without Game! He's still single and has refined his skills to the point where he can get laid on a whim!!:)
Just pay a little attention to how the female mind reacts to different things you do - there's certain 'moves' that get the same reaction nearly every time.

Crazy humans:)

BV

BigChuckles

Awards
Hmmm I think the intellect of the average bodybuilder equates to that of that of the average non lifter. There are some pretty smart bodybuilders out there. Nasser has two Master degrees in some humanity subjects I forget. Markus works as a computer engineer for a major company in Germany. I know a few amateur bodybuilders as well with great education. One of my professors has a PhD in engineering and he's a pretty good amateur bodybuilder. I do think that some bodybuilders may lack common sense when it comes to the choices they make in regards to their body. I'm not bashing anyone about anything they use. I'm just talking about the ones that don't educate themselves and just take anything based on what others tell them. I would classify bodybuilders on this site as having above average intellect because they know how to research when it comes to putting stuff in their bodies.

Rogue I find that study interesting because I think it was some study (Kinsley?) that said the exact opposite in regards to Blacks and Whites. The said that blacks have more flaccid length and girth but that white guys are very close on length when it comes to becoming erect. I think the blacks still have a slight edge on the girth. That is why people get the impression that blacks may be much bigger because when they are in the locker room naked they look pretty big. Don't quote me on any of this though. Wish I had the study on hand. I could also be biased because i'm black too :thumbsup: jk

size

Awards
  • Established
This is one of the strangest threads I have ever read. :think:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
muscles ,tall handsome(looks),money,,fame,status(celebrity) will all get you laid (which is good to have ,im striving myself for some of these goals for myself,,,,not for women.)..yes that is true.they get you though ....but what really matters is your personialty. if you make someone feel terrific and laugh all the time they will always remember you.

kind of like the popluar sayign thats something like,,,,if you make women feel good they will always remember you.so i work on my personailty before my body.

Even though i have a bodybuilding goal of 230 lbs ripped muscle and compete on a stage FOR ME

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
to answer the threads question directly DO WOMEN CARE ABOUT THE LOOK?

It depends on the women

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Heh, I am bored, I think I'll revive an old thread...

Who cares what women think, what do YOU think? Don't be a tool and let other people live your damned life for you. This is a huge pet peeve of mine... If you like being huge and muscled, then do it bro! At the end of the day, you're going to be miserable if you always do what other people want you to do and don't just go for what makes you happy -

As for getting chicks pulled off of you by rich/handsome/whatever guys, just tool the hell out of him in front of a girl. Make him look like a submissive, foolish child right in front of the girl, without making direct personal attacks... If you like the girl go to war bro, you can't just expect worthwhile girls to fall into your arms.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
There really is a system to it! My buddy and I used to critique eachother's game and it actually really helped. When it comes to the whole single/dating thing, its ALL a game.

I personally am going on a dating strike till ohhhhhhh 2007 sounds good!!!! Seeing as it is all a game, I chose not to play!!!!!!! ( to many BAD, BAD date stories)

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I personally am going on a dating strike till ohhhhhhh 2007 sounds good!!!! Seeing as it is all a game, I chose not to play!!!!!!! ( to many BAD, BAD date stories)
I started to get really misogynistic going out to clubs and picking up girls... Girls are really used to choosing it seems like and a lot of them will behave like immature little children when you push their buttons in a way that gets them attracted to you, and they can't just blow you off like most guys, but where they didn't choose you first, and send subtle signals to you in order to get you to approach and hit on her... :blink:

These days I just bust my ass to succeed in everything I do, and let the girls game me. There are still hassles involved and my social life is a lot less active, but I waste a lot less time and the girls who approach are generally better behaved.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Girls immature and acting like children....Come on!!! guys are just as bad...I had a date not to long ago and let me tell you, it would make your hair curl !!!!!! Just agree that for both genders it's rough

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Girls immature and acting like children....Come on!!! guys are just as bad...I had a date not to long ago and let me tell you, it would make your hair curl !!!!!! Just agree that for both genders it's rough

Agreed....but us shy guys don't get much play. It certainly seems that if you aren't spitting game then you won't be getting any attention. My dates usually arise from women whom I've known a long time and it somehow comes up that we should see a movie or something together. Not much of a "pick up guy" I guess. But I've seen real dumbasses get some knockout girls over and over just by acting like a jackass. :think:

Nuteboy

Awards
Hey Wrangler, explain the system and what do you mean when you say the single and dating thing is all a game.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Wrangler: Re-read what I said, I'm not making a blanket statement about the normal state of all girls, but rather about a common emotional reaction to my behavior which I witnessed every time I'd go out.

Just to put it in perspective, I get surly and withdrawn when certain girls play the "hang off you one minute, ignore you the next; repeat ad nauseum" game just right, it messes with my head. I'm not surly and withdrawn all the time, it's just a reaction to their behavior.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Confused when you say system???? So explain?!!! and being single is a game to, when your single no girl/guy looks your way, when your with someone you get all the attention? everyone wants you,why is that?? as for dating, well that's just a worse game, both parties put on false fronts, ( perhaps thats harsh to say) but you have that "honeymoon" period where it's all great than the "real" him/her come out, and you see what you really have gotten involved with Granted I have to say, not all guys/girls are like this but 99% are....

Nature of the dating beast I guess and forget in a girls case if you mention that you work out, powerlift, guys aren't very cool with this and would rather hear a girl say she takes a spin class than is a orange in karate ( yes I speak from first hand experience)........

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
:think: How did I misunderstand that, hmmm?? ok will go with LONG week........Sorry
Wrangler: Re-read what I said, I'm not making a blanket statement about the normal state of all girls, but rather about a common emotional reaction to my behavior which I witnessed every time I'd go out.

Just to put it in perspective, I get surly and withdrawn when certain girls play the "hang off you one minute, ignore you the next; repeat ad nauseum" game just right, it messes with my head. I'm not surly and withdrawn all the time, it's just a reaction to their behavior.