Possible virus at this site, please check

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Got a virus here that is moving the page up and down, also blanked out my last attemped post any advice? I ran everything and have norton.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Bump, anyone else having the same?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
virii dont exist on the site, it would be on your PC....

GMenard

GMenard

Awards
Yep have something for ya . Not bashing Norton , BUT it is not the most effective line of defense . Microsoft has actually came out with a very solid security blanket for Win 7 and Vista . It is free and rock solid . You will have to uninstall the Norton . I also stack the Microsoft with Malwarebytes Anti Malware . Works well together with out any sides .Down load the free version and run it .
Microsoft Security Essentials
malwarebytes anti malware free download
I am unable to post links , but goggle search these two items and there ya go ....Both are free
Greg

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I am an IT Director and the advice above is spot on...

GMenard

GMenard

Awards
I learned Drupal last year for Web/E Commerce development . Our IT director turned me onto the security software , and it has yet to fail me . It is free and everybody should know about it .
Greg

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
There is a virus in my azzhole

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
GMenard

GMenard

Awards
Hey k-Bull did that fix your problem ?? Sometimes there may a prob in the cache (cookies) . Hopefully you got it straighten out .

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Nope, its still there, pretty creepy, its like someone is operating my pc from a remote location. When Im trying to post, they keep jiggling the page up and down, at youtube it bars my selection of vids, (plays something I didnt select), someone is having some laughs with their new found toy. Everything else seems okay. I want to run the microsoft but Ive paid for damn norton already and dont want to dump it. Thanks for asking though.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
who cares if you paid for it? anyway get malwarebytes, restart in safe mode and run a full malwarebytes scan. the free version of malwarebytes Im talkin.. it works well.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
who cares if you paid for it? anyway get malwarebytes, restart in safe mode and run a full malwarebytes scan. the free version of malwarebytes Im talkin.. it works well.
lol, I do, I know they provide regular updates and automatic site block, Im not familiar with the others you mentioned, that doesnt mean there not good, Im checkin them out, the ware you mentioned looks good. Thanks! reps when I get em back

GMenard

GMenard

Awards
You will have to pull the trigger real soon before you lose the hard drive .

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
you can use malwarebytes in ADDITION to Norton... Id get it quick! MS security essentials would replace Norton but keep Norton, but get Malwarebytes in there and run it once a week.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
You will have to pull the trigger real soon before you lose the hard drive .
Sounds like the voice of experience. Are you familiar with this situation? Its as if the page placement is being controlled remotely, as if there are observing in real time.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a root kit to me.

Fun times.
Quite possible, I ran Norton power scrubber, (free) it found possible root kit and fried it, will report back if it continues. The fried file had been on there for months, hopefully its the one. Thanks for advice

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Google Combofix

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, looks like its gone, the file was called playsushi

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Okay, Im going to have to run whats suggested here, its still infected.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Okay, ran the malwarebytes and as mentioned, Norton only quenched 1 file, there were still 8 files left that it didnt touch! Thanks Norton! Anyway, hopefully that did it, will report back if it didnt work. Anyones experience with this, please post. the files were called playsushi

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Okay, ran the malwarebytes and as mentioned, Norton only quenched 1 file, there were still 8 files left that it didnt touch! Thanks Norton! Anyway, hopefully that did it, will report back if it didnt work. Anyones experience with this, please post. the files were called playsushi
Run it in safe mode and then if it finds something, clean and REboot and run it again until it comes up clean.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I have vista and little pc knowledge. How do I perform that procedure? Thanks

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Theres a new strand of Super Ghonorea...