Is this cheating if I

Nuteboy

Awards
I had a question I was hoping to get replies. At the company I work for " which is a fortune 500 firm" we have a lot of fat people. I mean its not uncommon to see a 5'6" woman who weighs between 220 and 230 + lbs.

However our company has implemented several athletic programs to help employees get in shape. We have a fitness center that has pretty good equipment and offers aerobic and kick boxing classes.

Another one of these programs is that the company dangles a {healthy carrot} in front of employees in the form of financial rewards. Example there is this contest in which the winners can win money. This amount is up to around $300 as the money comes from an entry fee for all that join.

Who ever drops the most weight wins the pot of money. The contest lasts for around three months. The way it works is you get weighed in once a week [ Mondays]. If your weight increase you have to pay a penalty fee. It is $2.00 per pound you gain.

The person who loses the most weight wins the entire pot. They also have a 2nd and 3rd place finishes. My question is would it be cheating for me to enter one of these contests as I am getting ready for a show? Lets say I am 270lbs and drop my weight down to 235lbs. That would CLEARLY make me the winner. I could use the money for my contest entry fees and applications fees.

Or is this cheating and should I leave this contest to the people who have {real} overweight problems? Thanks.

BigTEX

BigTEX

Awards
The person who loses the most weight wins the entire pot. They also have a 2nd and 3rd place finishes. My question is would it be cheating for me to enter one of these contests as I am getting ready for a show? Lets say I am 270lbs and drop my weight down to 235lbs. That would CLEARLY make me the winner. I could use the money for my contest entry fees and applications fees.

Or is this cheating and should I leave this contest to the people who have {real} overweight problems? Thanks.
I think you should do it. And if you win....you would be showing the other employees that it can be done.
You would be "leading by example".

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Go for it man....Show them what an experienced bodybuilder can do...Not cheating at all..The only way to cheat is to do or take something that no else can or will...other than that...Do what you do best...Get Ripped..!!!!! OH and make sure after you win..make sure you Gloat a little....LOL

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't draw attention to your obvious use of "performance enhancing drugs".

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't draw attention to your obvious use of "performance enhancing drugs".

That really should not matter....If he is using Steroids or Pro-hormones that will go against weight loss to some degree.
The entire premise of total weight lost is crazy anyway,just starve yourself,loose all kinds of muscle and loose a ton of weight,look like **** and win.... :frustrate

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
The entire premise of total weight lost is crazy anyway,just starve yourself,loose all kinds of muscle and loose a ton of weight,look like **** and win.... :frustrate
AMEN TO THAT ONE!
:D

ManBeast

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%. ****, I'm not against using AAS at all. My point is that you're showing those with no clue, and drawing unneccessary attention to yourself. You know they all will be saying, "Yeah, I could do that too if I were on roids" even though it's not related. It's the attention that's the problem for me - not the concept.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you have to ask, you're already showing some form of doubt. If they are offering financial rewards to those who need extra motivation (although that is sad), leave it to them IMO.

As it sounds, you would be doing it strictly monetary reasons while the company is trying to encourage people to follow a healthier lifestyle.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
haha, i dont think the other employees are using t3 tho ;)

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
I say, if theres free money out there, I'll do my best to put it in my hands! I say THEY (the fat ppl) have an unfair advantage instead of you because they obviously have way more fat to loose, AND whos to say they wont take any drugs to help them win this contest...??? I mean a 250 pound woman could loose 100 pounds and still be fat! All is fair in love and war....wait maybe that doesn't apply here...hehee

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then if someone loses 100lbs, they deserve it. Instead of taking the money maybe you should encourage those who are overweight to get their act together and maybe give them some pointers.

Its not love, its not war, and its not free. THe programs are their to help, not taken advantage of.

Nuteboy

Awards
Interesting

I agree with you Bobo and others. I “personally� feel it’s cheating cuz I know what foods to eat to drop a significant amount of body fat and water. Also I “do� have access to super supplements that does help.

However, if you gave these people the same thing I’m using they still would probably not lose as much as everyone knows dieting is more about the food than the drugs.

Also I feel many of these people are only in this program becuz of the money. The most recent picture I can remember is a co-worker I know who dropped 14lbs and took second in the contest. She won $192 and after she won she came over to my and another co-workers desk to gloat and dance.

From that moment I felt the people really did not take it as serious as they should. These exact same individuals who either entered the weight program contest or won I see “as of today� at the company’s cafeteria eating bacon, sausages, eggs with cheddar cheese and pancakes.

So on one end I’m thinking. Hey Nute the program is for people who really want to lose weight and although there are some who are only in the program for monetary and the ability to fit into summer outfits; they’re some individuals who are really trying just becuz they are over weight.

However, the other end of me is saying if there are some people entering for monetary and the ability to fit into summer outfits, “why can’t I?�

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you Bobo and others. I “personally� feel it’s cheating cuz I know what foods to eat to drop a significant amount of body fat and water. Also I “do� have access to super supplements that does help.

However, if you gave these people the same thing I’m using they still would probably not lose as much as everyone knows dieting is more about the food than the drugs.

Also I feel many of these people are only in this program becuz of the money. The most recent picture I can remember is a co-worker I know who dropped 14lbs and took second in the contest. She won $192 and after she won she came over to my and another co-workers desk to gloat and dance.

From that moment I felt the people really did not take it as serious as they should. These exact same individuals who either entered the weight program contest or won I see “as of today� at the company’s cafeteria eating bacon, sausages, eggs with cheddar cheese and pancakes.

So on one end I’m thinking. Hey Nute the program is for people who really want to lose weight and although there are some who are only in the program for monetary and the ability to fit into summer outfits; they’re some individuals who are really trying just becuz they are over weight.

However, the other end of me is saying if there are some people entering for monetary and the ability to fit into summer outfits, “why can’t I?�
Then concentrate on those who are doing it for legit reasons. Maybe those others are doing if for money but one of those people might see that they can actually do it and might continue to make the efforts. You know you could win, you know you have the advantage so what is the point? Making $300? You're better than that.

Nuteboy

Awards
Aight, I got ya Bobo. But I'll tell you that $300 sure would help out with my application and entry fee to my next contest.

You cannot tell me that's an easy offer to past up. We all know how expensive bodybuilding is and $300 could sure help.

However I get what you're saying. Thanks for the replies.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand and I still would pass it up without a second thought. If you need it that bad AM will sponsor you and give the $300. Leave those contests to the people that need it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
YEah, plus you might piss some people off in the process if they think you're using drugs and bascially already live the lifestyle....don't wanna piss anybody off that could come back to bite ya in the ass if you know what I mean...

Good luck in your next comp btw....

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with Bobo and Jergo. That was my main thought when reading your posts, the fact that it could come back to bite you in the ass down the road.

I think you should try to help people involved in it like Bobo said. I'm as greedy as they come, but I couldn't do that, I just wouldn't feel right.

primal1

Awards
  • Established
that would be like winning a gold medal at the "special" olympics.

Meerschaum

Awards
I had a question I was hoping to get replies. At the company I work for " which is a fortune 500 firm" we have a lot of fat people. I mean its not uncommon to see a 5'6" woman who weighs between 220 and 230 + lbs.

However our company has implemented several athletic programs to help employees get in shape. We have a fitness center that has pretty good equipment and offers aerobic and kick boxing classes.

Another one of these programs is that the company dangles a {healthy carrot} in front of employees in the form of financial rewards. Example there is this contest in which the winners can win money. This amount is up to around $300 as the money comes from an entry fee for all that join.

Who ever drops the most weight wins the pot of money. The contest lasts for around three months. The way it works is you get weighed in once a week [ Mondays]. If your weight increase you have to pay a penalty fee. It is $2.00 per pound you gain.

I dont think its right, these progams are setup for overweight/obese ppl to give incentive for them to lose weight and get healthy, for a BB'er to enter into that game and take advantage of it isnt right and will probably discourage/anger others. no offense just my opinon

Nuteboy

Awards
Info

Okay now that I have heard many individuals’ opinions I’d like to reply. First, me entering into a “weight lost� program is not the same analogy as winning a gold medal at the “Special Olympics.�

The last time I checked being fat is not a disability. Are there people who sincerely want to lose weight and this program is an incentive? Yes. I applaud my company for developing such a program.

However, my opinion is that if a person “really� wants to lose weight for them and only them they do not need a financial reward to do so. A company providing “work out� equipment is a good idea but a company needing to award financial gains is not.

Therefore, “MOST� of us are in the same boat. That is, we are dropping weight for financial rewards. These people are encouraged to lose weight to obtain a financial prize. More than likely I will NOT enter the contest.

Not because I feel I’m taking from unprivileged individuals but because I prefer to help these people instead of compete against them.

primal1

Awards
  • Established
hold on nute, you misunderstood me. it was just an analogy. i agree fat people are not handicapped. nothing makes me more angry than seeing a fat f#$! in a hov-a-round at walmart because they are to fat to walk. i'm just saying you are in a different class. you should not need to compete with them (the special people).

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
I agree with everything bobo has said. Good luck in your comp.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nute you missed it.. he was comparing it to entering it.. not with overweight being a disability...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I think you should enter and if you win then you should decline the winnings so they can be awarded to the person in 2nd place. That leaves room to grow. The company could potentially assign you as the person in charge of the "weight loss program" and maybe award you money as well for the people that lose the most weight... just a thought...

n2bnbig

Awards
I think you should enter....win....and then use the money to purchase more work out equipment for the co. or treat all the participants to a healthy lunch

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I think it would be cheating because you already have an upper hand over the others. You're in the process of "cutting". Most of these coworkers may have never (if they are now) seen the inside of a gym before entering that contest but you're working out on a regular basis. It would be like sitting in a wheel chair just to enter the Special Olympics eventhough you walk perfectly fine.

Secondly, I agree with N4cer wholeheartedly because a similiar matter occurred to me. When I was in law enforcement (and not yet using AAS), it was expected to have to have a random drug check once a year. But not three times in one month? Well I was only doing the ECA stack then and my coworkers noticed weight literally melting off of me. One day, one of the deputy watch commanders came to relieve me of my tour of duty so that I can take a drug test. So I went to take the test and, needless to say, I was clean. I thought nothing of it until the same thing happened in the following week. Again, I had nothing to fear and nothing was found. But when my Watch Commander told me that I had to take another drug test in the following week, I refused and told him that I'd already taken one twice in 2 weeks. Later, the deputy watch commander explained to me that the other deputy watch commander suspected that I was "using drugs" in order to lose weight and stated that to our Division Commander, who ordered the tests. Of course, the dumbass DWC didn't know that AAS doesn't show up in those drug tests and her butt became Double Mint because the ranks later chew it well.

So why jeopardize your job over a $300 pot?

Nuteboy

Awards
Interesting. I'd like to thank everyone for their reply. I also posted this question on another board. Below is what a member wrote. I just wanted to post it as I'd like to get opinions on the post.

Remember, I did not post the comment below. It was said by another member from another muscle site. Here goes guys. See below.

"how is this cheating? youre losing the weight just like they are. in all actuality you are going to probably end up suffering way more than anyone else who enters that contest would be willing to put themselves through.

"you guys act like these "unhealthy" peope are some kind of charity cases that deserve this contest so they can drop the weight. they have put themselves in the situation of being overweight, its ridiculous that a cash prize is being given out for this anyhow. "

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You could enter.... When people see you do weigh ins, it might make them try harder to beat you, then you could pull out before you win.