Computer problem

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Help - I just turned on my computer, opened up Internet Explorer and look at my screen's view - everything is has been reduced size-wise WTH!

Look at all the dead speace to the right +left of screen (ALL BLACK)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should upgrade to IE9 or use google Chrome. You should be able to change your zoom level with an icon on the bottom right hand of the screen with IE8.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks - it was a ZOOM issue ;)

Schnitt

Schnitt

Awards
Firefox 4 is best right now, no contest. There is nothing Chrome has that Firefox doesnt but Firefox has more things than Crhome has.

And to OP CTRL 0 always zooms to normal so CNTRL + is zoom in and CNTRL - is zoom out.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awww good info! thanks man! ;)

UNCLE COOL

UNCLE COOL

Awards
Firefox 4 is best right now, no contest. There is nothing Chrome has that Firefox doesnt but Firefox has more things than Crhome has.

And to OP CTRL 0 always zooms to normal so CNTRL + is zoom in and CNTRL - is zoom out.
Yep I have heard nothing but good stuff about Firefox 4. I am not IT smart but I have heard a few people say they dont like Chrome. IDK, I personally have Firefox but not the 4.0 version. Thinking of upgrading but right now I am satisfied with the version I have. IT people if I upgrade will I lose the stuff I have downloaded like Google earth and the special tool bar I now have. Its not like I couldnt re-download, I just dont want to take the time to re-do it all.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Yep I have heard nothing but good stuff about Firefox 4. I am not IT smart but I have heard a few people say they dont like Chrome. IDK, I personally have Firefox but not the 4.0 version. Thinking of upgrading but right now I am satisfied with the version I have. IT people if I upgrade will I lose the stuff I have downloaded like Google earth and the special tool bar I now have. Its not like I couldnt re-download, I just dont want to take the time to re-do it all.
After you upgrade it should automatically check to see if all of your current addons are compatible with the new version. If not, I believe it checks for upgrades to the addon to make it compatible. So no, you shouldn't have to re-download everything.