Jonny Depp as Jack Sparrow?

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, how many saw the latest "installment" of this Pirated series. Would you see another? Is it entertaining? Is "Jack Sparrow" the personage that he will be "known" for?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jonny Depp has done so many weird personages that I highly doubt he will ever become known for just one. Sure a lot of mainstream peeps will know him as jack sparrow but I'll always associate him with Hunter C Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. If you haven't seen that movie yet, do yourself a favor and check it out.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I thought the new movie was great. Its not so bad for Depp to be forever associated with a 3 billion plus dollar franchise. Ive seen critics compare it to waning movies like police academy that got worse with each installment, with an ever changing main cast. As weve seen, the pirates movies have all been blockbusters, and dont seem to be loosing steam, plus a couple of big names have had recurring roles, and there are prepped for 5 and 6. Im looking forward to more from Jack Sparrow, and I will end up buying the complete special edition boxed set when it comes out after all the movies are made.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh... Kinda getting sick of Depp anymore. He was decent in Secret Window, did well as Willy Wonka - eventhough I MUCH prefer Gene Wilder, but anymore Depp is being pushed as the vehicle instead of the movie. Case in point - Alice in Wonderland. Excellent movie, and though Hatter was a main character, he's top billing and front and center on the DVD box. I dont' think that's right, especially when the chica playing Alice did a wonderful job.

MisterRoboto

MisterRoboto

Awards
I'll probably remember him for Willy Wonka for some weird reason. I either remember him from that or every girl between the age of 13-17 drooling over him.

I thought the last installment was okay. Better than 2 and 3, but not as good as number 1. I still don't know why Mrs. Swann didn't appear in the fourth one since she was still alive at the end of the 3rd one, even though she had a child.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, how many saw the latest "installment" of this Pirated series. Would you see another? Is it entertaining? Is "Jack Sparrow" the personage that he will be "known" for?
"We can't stop here! This is bat country!!"

There was only one road back to L.A., U.S. interstate 15. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker, and Barstow, and Berdoo. Then on to the Hollywood freeway straight into frantic oblivion. Safety... obscurity... just another freak in the freak kingdom. We'd gone in search of the American dream, it had been a lame **** around. A waste of time. There was no point in looking back. **** no, not today, thank you kindly. My heart was filled with joy. I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Algier, a man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Yeah, I just thread-jacked the f*ck outta this thread. The Hangover is for fakers and weekend warriors, this was how you really took over Vegas.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

This will always be Johnny Depp's 'role' in my mind.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jonny Depp is an amazing actor, imo; versatile and entertaining. He is equally as good in every "Pirates" movie in my eyes.

I remember him back in the days of "21 Jump Street"...

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
"We can't stop here! This is bat country!!"

There was only one road back to L.A., U.S. interstate 15. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker, and Barstow, and Berdoo. Then on to the Hollywood freeway straight into frantic oblivion. Safety... obscurity... just another freak in the freak kingdom. We'd gone in search of the American dream, it had been a lame **** around. A waste of time. There was no point in looking back. **** no, not today, thank you kindly. My heart was filled with joy. I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Algier, a man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Yeah, I just thread-jacked the f*ck outta this thread. The Hangover is for fakers and weekend warriors, this was how you really took over Vegas.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

This will always be Johnny Depp's 'role' in my mind.
*Ecstatic applause*

Jonny Depp is an amazing actor, imo; versatile and entertaining. He is equally as good in every "Pirates" movie in my eyes.

I.....love ....the pirate movies. :yup:
not much more to say...please continue

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Yupp, love the man.. He has done so many different types of roles and succeeded so good with it.. Many actors are limited to one type of character... For example Harrison Ford, I can't picture him as a bad guy.. Doesn't work for me..
Bruce Willis can pull it of, but it's really hard for him...

I can totally picture Johnny Depp as The Joker in Batman , would be really awesome if that happened!

The Pirates saga is awesome, just love em! And to be honest, I think my wife loves Jack Sparrows a bit too much ;) All girls in Sweden seems to do that... HA!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which, in case you didn't know, is coming back on the big screen, starring.... you guessed it.

I wonder if it'll be a Tim Burton film... ?:blink:

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Once upon a time in Mexico was good too ... Just wanted to add that ;)

But come on, Tim Burton, don't say you like him... right ?

Chevy Chase, there we have an awesome dude!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Tim Burton blech, except A Nightmare Before Christmas I used to love Edward Scissor Hands but the Emo fad has kind of killed it for me.

Chevy Chase as Jack Sparrow??? hmmmmmm.....

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Johnny Depp is fear and loathing and blow....but the children "pirates" movies is what really makes him bank

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Tim Burton blech, except A Nightmare Before Christmas I used to love Edward Scissor Hands but the Emo fad has kind of killed it for me.

Chevy Chase as Jack Sparrow??? hmmmmmm.....
I forgot the subject and just rambled on :)

But chevy chase could prob pull it off as an old sparrow :)

T

Turfman

Awards
Cap'n Jack Sparrow is one all time favorite characters.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Johnny Depp is fear and loathing and blow....but the children "pirates" movies is what really makes him bank
Blow was a frickin awesome movie. If you haven't seen it yet you have to check it out.

"Whats this???? Oregano???"

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, if only....

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Bumping with a drawing of The Depp as all the above

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
LOL masterpiece!

I was thinking about this thread when mowing the lawn (I'm prone to pondering when mowing) and even tho it's not the original topic i think that the Best Pirate isn't really Jack Sparrow (even though I really like the character), for me Barbosa is the best Pirate I've seen.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
LOL masterpiece!

I was thinking about this thread when mowing the lawn (I'm prone to pondering when mowing) and even tho it's not the original topic i think that the Best Pirate isn't really Jack Sparrow (even though I really like the character), for me Barbosa is the best Pirate I've seen.
Agreed. Barbosa is the quintessential and classic pirate captain character.