WMD found in iraq

1. ***** Vampire
    Answers

2. ***** Vampire
    Answers

just to add - lets hope this is true - i guess we really dont know yet...... and here is the original paper to break the story for those interested:
    http://www.alsabaah.com/20040721/english.htm
  3. Registered User
    Answers

From Reuters:
    BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's Interior Ministry dismissed as "stupid" a report in a local newspaper on Wednesday that said three nuclear missiles had been found near the town of Tikrit.
    A senior U.S. military official told reporters he had no information on the report in the newspaper al-Sabah. He said officials were checking the report.

Asked by Reuters about the report, a spokesman at the Interior Ministry said: "It's stupid."

I guess no one knows at this point.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I wouldn't put too much faith in this really.

Second and third hand stories are shaky.

But if it's true...holy crap, talk about a shakeup in US politics, I'd expect Bush to win in a landslide if it's true.
  5. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PastorofMuppets
    But if it's true...holy crap, talk about a shakeup in US politics, I'd expect Bush to win in a landslide if it's true.
    Nope. I told a few people at work about this, liberals. Their first reaction was to say if true they were probably planted by the US, and they were serious. Bottom line, there are too many stupid people who would believe anything to count on anything like this, even if true, to sway the election. It's why liberals have such a problem seeing anything positive in the war in Iraq. I don't support the war, but I'm willing to take a look at arguments in favor of it and damn well know that there was some evidence linking Iraq and Al Qeda. Most liberals I know dismiss anything that might justify the war and then attack Bush and Co. personally. They're too full of viceral hatred for this president and his administration to ever change their opinions, even if they're dead wrong and it's proven.
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

If it were true (fox has picked it up) it would matter because it would sway the middle, a 5% change can make a "landslide" because you could theoretically win every state and get less than 50% of the popular vote (there are some states that screw with their electorial votes but this holds in general). It doesn't really matter what the extreme 35% thinks on either side, it just matters if they convince the middle to believe them.

I don't believe it yet though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 100's of WMD's found in iraq
    By MaynardMeek in forum Politics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 01:36 AM
  2. 100's of WMD's found in iraq
    By MaynardMeek in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
  3. More severed heads found in Iraq