cut vs bulk for summer - AnabolicMinds.com

cut vs bulk for summer

  1. ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3027

    Reputation

    cut vs bulk for summer


    Ok so i may be ass backwards. but heres my theory.

    Every one wants to enjoy the summer right? but then why diet going into the summer and beat your ass trying to maintain it.

    i figured id get lean as **** up till start of summer, so i can enjoy the summer, not deprive myself, call it a little bulk and this way if i put on a tad of fat IDC bc i started off sharp.

    anyone else share this philosiphy>?

  2. hadijd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    110

    Reputation

    How about neither... Cutting and bulking cycles are horrible for you...
  3. owlicks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14109

    Reputation

    Why not just develop a lifestyle and eating habits that cater neither to cutting nor bulking? Control your calories every day, eat cleanly, and tweak it depending on your goals. If you want other foods, figure out how to work them into your normal eating without binging. I think that the LeanGains outlook is about as pragmatic as you can get for someone with a fitness lifestyle.
    •   
       

  4. ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3027

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by owlicks View Post
    Why not just develop a lifestyle and eating habits that cater neither to cutting nor bulking? Control your calories every day, eat cleanly, and tweak it depending on your goals. If you want other foods, figure out how to work them into your normal eating without binging. I think that the LeanGains outlook is about as pragmatic as you can get for someone with a fitness lifestyle.
    i do that abviously i count everything, but summer time requires me to just enjoy the weather, if i want a little extra ill have a little extra.

    bulking and cutting cycles arent bad for you as long as you eat good food. period.

    i do the lean gains right now on my cut till friday ill work it into a bulk same exact diet though just more fat and some carbs when i want them.
  5. gus.medrano's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    108

    Reputation

    Why not recomp?

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
  6. ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3027

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gus.medrano View Post
    Why not recomp?

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    not only is it extremely hard (been doing it for last 16 weeks, 191-182 and like 7-8% leaner then i was at the start) but im tired of it. i want to enjoy the summer, as many do,
  7. AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686930

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Exactly where I am at. Cleaning up some fluff right now for the fun times on the 4th in Mission Beach with no restrictions!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. gus.medrano's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    108

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    not only is it extremely hard (been doing it for last 16 weeks, 191-182 and like 7-8% leaner then i was at the start) but im tired of it. i want to enjoy the summer, as many do,
    Yeah
    Im on the same boat..

    Lean bulk? Lol

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
  9. ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3027

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gus.medrano View Post
    Yeah
    Im on the same boat..

    Lean bulk? Lol

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    will be doing that.
  10. omni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    361

    Reputation

    I'll have to agree with you, Ssbackwards. I used to try to stay lean while adding weight. It takes too long. It really depends on your goals. If you want to look like a "Jersey Shore" guy, then you never need to bulk up. If you want to get big like a bodybuilder then you need to bulk up. You can do a google search for "off season" bodybuilder and see them big and heavy. Not all of them look like fat slobs. Next week I start bulking up to 300 pounds. A lot of diet supplements OR things like Clen and Dnp raise your body temperature and using that stuff through summer is miserable. I like to lean up before summer and then enjoy myself at the beach or river and not worry about what I'm not able to eat- within reason.
  11. AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3788

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    I'll have to agree with you, Ssbackwards. I used to try to stay lean while adding weight. It takes too long. It really depends on your goals. If you want to look like a "Jersey Shore" guy, then you never need to bulk up. If you want to get big like a bodybuilder then you need to bulk up. You can do a google search for "off season" bodybuilder and see them big and heavy. Not all of them look like fat slobs. Next week I start bulking up to 300 pounds. A lot of diet supplements OR things like Clen and Dnp raise your body temperature and using that stuff through summer is miserable. I like to lean up before summer and then enjoy myself at the beach or river and not worry about what I'm not able to eat- within reason.
    5'9 and 300? the girls are gonna run for their lives
    BJJ = life
  12. omni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    361

    Reputation

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    5'9 and 300? the girls are gonna run for their lives
    LOL!!! I have a great one already and the bigger I get the more I snore! I 'll be sleeping in my own bed before I have the chance to roll over on her.
  13. Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141050

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    LOL!!! I have a great one already and the bigger I get the more I snore! I 'll be sleeping in my own bed before I have the chance to roll over on her.
    lmao
  14. OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251876

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm kinda doing the whole "lean bulk" mentality simply because I'm trying to recompose after spring competitions and prepare for fall. More or less, I could care less how I look on the beach it's the stage that matters to me. But getting back on track- yeah, it's pretty cool and perhaps socially more desirable (by the average Americans standards) to be ripped with a six pack. But let's be real- if you're in a solid bulk people are still gonna look at you like This dudes big as ****! That's awesome!

    In my experience, if you're worried about the girls, they like big boys over the lean bodies. Think about it. One girls cute with that little body but the other ones a bit thicker with some tits and an ass... Who you gonna go for?

    Other than that... Get big. 24/7.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  15. ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3027

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm kinda doing the whole "lean bulk" mentality simply because I'm trying to recompose after spring competitions and prepare for fall. More or less, I could care less how I look on the beach it's the stage that matters to me. But getting back on track- yeah, it's pretty cool and perhaps socially more desirable (by the average Americans standards) to be ripped with a six pack. But let's be real- if you're in a solid bulk people are still gonna look at you like This dudes big as ****! That's awesome!

    In my experience, if you're worried about the girls, they like big boys over the lean bodies. Think about it. One girls cute with that little body but the other ones a bit thicker with some tits and an ass... Who you gonna go for?

    Other than that... Get big. 24/7.
    i like tiny chicks lol. but i hear ya.

    ill stay lean but add some mass, if i wanna enjoy a bbq i wont deprive myself ill just do high calorie day no carbs just eat mad steak fish and cheeseburgers. yum
  16. OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251876

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'll agree with that. You could design a diet that has something of a cheat day with a week long carb depletion- David Henry does it. If you can't have fun doing it it's not worth it. That's my motto
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. summer cut? lean bulk?? either way SNS has your solution!!!
    By ScienceGuided in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
  2. END OF SUMMER BULK CYCLE OPTIONS
    By morehead88 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
  3. please critique my bulk plan for the summer
    By redrocket399 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 02:27 PM
  4. My Summer Bulk Pics
    By drfly in forum Pics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in