cut vs bulk for summer

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

cut vs bulk for summer

Ok so i may be ass backwards. but heres my theory.

Every one wants to enjoy the summer right? but then why diet going into the summer and beat your ass trying to maintain it.

i figured id get lean as **** up till start of summer, so i can enjoy the summer, not deprive myself, call it a little bulk and this way if i put on a tad of fat IDC bc i started off sharp.

anyone else share this philosiphy>?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.4%

How about neither... Cutting and bulking cycles are horrible for you...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.9%

Why not just develop a lifestyle and eating habits that cater neither to cutting nor bulking? Control your calories every day, eat cleanly, and tweak it depending on your goals. If you want other foods, figure out how to work them into your normal eating without binging. I think that the LeanGains outlook is about as pragmatic as you can get for someone with a fitness lifestyle.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by owlicks View Post
    Why not just develop a lifestyle and eating habits that cater neither to cutting nor bulking? Control your calories every day, eat cleanly, and tweak it depending on your goals. If you want other foods, figure out how to work them into your normal eating without binging. I think that the LeanGains outlook is about as pragmatic as you can get for someone with a fitness lifestyle.
    i do that abviously i count everything, but summer time requires me to just enjoy the weather, if i want a little extra ill have a little extra.

bulking and cutting cycles arent bad for you as long as you eat good food. period.

i do the lean gains right now on my cut till friday ill work it into a bulk same exact diet though just more fat and some carbs when i want them.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Why not recomp?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gus.medrano View Post
    Why not recomp?

not only is it extremely hard (been doing it for last 16 weeks, 191-182 and like 7-8% leaner then i was at the start) but im tired of it. i want to enjoy the summer, as many do,
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Exactly where I am at. Cleaning up some fluff right now for the fun times on the 4th in Mission Beach with no restrictions!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    not only is it extremely hard (been doing it for last 16 weeks, 191-182 and like 7-8% leaner then i was at the start) but im tired of it. i want to enjoy the summer, as many do,
    Yeah
    Im on the same boat..

Lean bulk? Lol

9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gus.medrano View Post
    Yeah
    Im on the same boat..

Lean bulk? Lol

will be doing that.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.21%

I'll have to agree with you, Ssbackwards. I used to try to stay lean while adding weight. It takes too long. It really depends on your goals. If you want to look like a "Jersey Shore" guy, then you never need to bulk up. If you want to get big like a bodybuilder then you need to bulk up. You can do a google search for "off season" bodybuilder and see them big and heavy. Not all of them look like fat slobs. Next week I start bulking up to 300 pounds. A lot of diet supplements OR things like Clen and Dnp raise your body temperature and using that stuff through summer is miserable. I like to lean up before summer and then enjoy myself at the beach or river and not worry about what I'm not able to eat- within reason.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    I'll have to agree with you, Ssbackwards. I used to try to stay lean while adding weight. It takes too long. It really depends on your goals. If you want to look like a "Jersey Shore" guy, then you never need to bulk up. If you want to get big like a bodybuilder then you need to bulk up. You can do a google search for "off season" bodybuilder and see them big and heavy. Not all of them look like fat slobs. Next week I start bulking up to 300 pounds. A lot of diet supplements OR things like Clen and Dnp raise your body temperature and using that stuff through summer is miserable. I like to lean up before summer and then enjoy myself at the beach or river and not worry about what I'm not able to eat- within reason.
    5'9 and 300? the girls are gonna run for their lives
    BJJ = life
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.21%

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    5'9 and 300? the girls are gonna run for their lives
    LOL!!! I have a great one already and the bigger I get the more I snore! I 'll be sleeping in my own bed before I have the chance to roll over on her.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    LOL!!! I have a great one already and the bigger I get the more I snore! I 'll be sleeping in my own bed before I have the chance to roll over on her.
    lmao
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

I'm kinda doing the whole "lean bulk" mentality simply because I'm trying to recompose after spring competitions and prepare for fall. More or less, I could care less how I look on the beach it's the stage that matters to me. But getting back on track- yeah, it's pretty cool and perhaps socially more desirable (by the average Americans standards) to be ripped with a six pack. But let's be real- if you're in a solid bulk people are still gonna look at you like This dudes big as ****! That's awesome!

In my experience, if you're worried about the girls, they like big boys over the lean bodies. Think about it. One girls cute with that little body but the other ones a bit thicker with some tits and an ass... Who you gonna go for?

Other than that... Get big. 24/7.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm kinda doing the whole "lean bulk" mentality simply because I'm trying to recompose after spring competitions and prepare for fall. More or less, I could care less how I look on the beach it's the stage that matters to me. But getting back on track- yeah, it's pretty cool and perhaps socially more desirable (by the average Americans standards) to be ripped with a six pack. But let's be real- if you're in a solid bulk people are still gonna look at you like This dudes big as ****! That's awesome!

In my experience, if you're worried about the girls, they like big boys over the lean bodies. Think about it. One girls cute with that little body but the other ones a bit thicker with some tits and an ass... Who you gonna go for?

Other than that... Get big. 24/7.
    i like tiny chicks lol. but i hear ya.

ill stay lean but add some mass, if i wanna enjoy a bbq i wont deprive myself ill just do high calorie day no carbs just eat mad steak fish and cheeseburgers. yum
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

I'll agree with that. You could design a diet that has something of a cheat day with a week long carb depletion- David Henry does it. If you can't have fun doing it it's not worth it. That's my motto
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

Similar Forum Threads

1. summer cut? lean bulk?? either way SNS has your solution!!!
    By ScienceGuided in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 09:15 PM
  2. END OF SUMMER BULK CYCLE OPTIONS
    By morehead88 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
  3. please critique my bulk plan for the summer
    By redrocket399 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
  4. My Summer Bulk Pics