Terrorists caught constructing explosives in mid-air...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
freaky ****. think i'll drive everywhere.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is a crazy read. I don't know what I would do in that situation... maybe trip and "accidentally" jaw a few of them for good measure.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow. Why can't all airlines keep a dozen hoods and leg irons on planes 'just in case' a group of Arabs happen to fly together with 'sinister moves'.

After all if they are innocent and harmless, they shouldn't mind being tied to their seats wouldn't they? I'm quite sure other passengers would be happy to feed them food/drink since they are all tied up if it gives them peace of mind.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
This kind of thing really has to stop. Soon your not going to be able to bring laptop, cell phones, etc on planes. It's also funny how no news reports about it so people don't go nutz again and not fly.

chaos254

Awards
if there were air marshalls all around....then why didn't they say anything. Lets sit in our seats and wait till we explode!! If i was a passenger on that flight I definately would have got up and said something to those people. The air marshalls probably didn't want to offend them because they were arabic. :blink:

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if there were air marshalls all around....then why didn't they say anything. Lets sit in our seats and wait till we explode!! If i was a passenger on that flight I definately would have got up and said something to those people. The air marshalls probably didn't want to offend them because they were arabic. :blink:
Ya, they might lose their job if they racially profile but we can racial profile all we want :D Definitely would have been said something.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man that's damm freaky. I personally out of sense of urgency would have said something to the Arab guys about looking suspicious and I'd suggest they should cut it out

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
i dont get it!!!!

what did the middle eastren men do?

size

Awards
  • Established
i dont get it!!!!

They were congregating in the aisles. Moving about the cabin during the decent. Using cell phones during the flight, etc.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
That is scary. 3000 people are dead and we still haven't learned. Political correctness is literally going to be the death of America.

btatedash

Awards
I vote that the seats closest to the cockpit be reserved for any bb'er that asks to sit there. Let's see a little suicidal "musician" get through 200+ lbs of juiced up American muscle. ****, I'm only 160 but I'd like to think I'd have said something to those guys, or at the very least gone in the bathroom and not let anyone else in.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
i dont get it!!!!

From reading the article, it appears that they were training at the very least, if not attempting an attack.

I'm sorry, but if a dozen middle eastern guys board a plane and they start going to the bathroon, chatting, giving each other signals than that's pretty fuckin suspicious

fiddler

Awards
That's not suspicious, they are up to something, period.

i'm sure i could find large fellow passengers who would be willing to barge through the middle eastern men and take over the bathroom. Now what are they going to do? build the bomb in the cabin for everyone to see?

Leave the bathroom 2 minutes before touchdown. call the police afterwards.

**** being nice to those assholes.

fiddler

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
That's not suspicious, they are up to something, period.
They are doing dry runs seeing what they can get away with and what they can learn about security protocals. They are testing the waters to plan their next attack. I guess they leaned that they could blow a plane up pretty easily if they wanted to. They should all be locked up and questioned. If they aren't American citizens and we can't get any information then they should be deported.

fiddler

Awards
uh oh, VG, for once i agree with you, i think the world will end tomorrow!

It's not as if deportation of suspicious foreign nationals doesn't have a precedent. You won't believe this but president Carter issued a executive order after the Iranians took hostages of the US embassy to deport all Iranians on visa status. They were worried about terrorism.

Let's hope that the Left realises that it's not discrimination if they are planning on doing something shitty, when we single them out. I prefer not to have a plane blow up and then do this.

Of course they could just make non-american middle easterners take a bus.

fiddler

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
It's not as if deportation of suspicious foreign nationals doesn't have a precedent. You won't believe this but president Carter issued a executive order after the Iranians took hostages of the US embassy to deport all Iranians on visa status. They were worried about terrorism.
Really? I didn't know that. It's riduculous that 3000 americans are dead and we still haven't done that.
Let's hope that the Left realises that it's not discrimination if they are planning on doing something shitty, when we single them out. I prefer not to have a plane blow up and then do this.
They won't untill more people die. This is an issue neither side wants to tackle which is criminal imo.

size

Awards
  • Established
Just in case you care, the men were found to be illegals from Syria.

NBC reporter Scott Weinberger: "But sources say the federal air marshals chose not to act, maintaining their undercover role, but prepared if the men made a move to hijack the aircraft.

But that would not happen. The plane would land safely in Los Angeles, and the men questioned by the FBI and the U.S. immigration authorities. Sources say they told investigators they were a group of musicians from Syria traveling to a gig near Los Angeles. Agents, we‘re told, ran the men through every possible data bank and terrorist watch list.
But nothing came back, so they were released. Several sources tell News Channel 4 that all 14 men were traveling with expired visas. And sources say federal agents who spent several hours with the men failed at one of the most simple of tasks, just checking the date.......looking at the big picture of terrorism, something like a visa would be an easy question to ask. We know and my sources are telling me that each individual member that they talked to, these 12 people or so, the 14, they took their visa and made copies of them and put them as part of an investigative file.

But my sources are telling me that the investigators never looked down to check the date. The expiration was three weeks prior to the flight ever taking off.
"

fiddler

Awards
Morons are everywhere. Let's strip search US senators and irish grandmas while letting these guys get on without as much as a second look.

fiddler

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
ok ,I normally hold back on this stuff, but here goes.

i read the whole article the guys were clean....IF there was no imbellishment in the ladies story THEN there was definitely something up! hand signals, c'mon?

The media and government PLAYED DOWN 9/11.. bigtime
the NY coroner had in its possession 60,000 bodyparts.
alot more people died in those building than was said.

Also how many planes were in the air on 9/12? anybody know? anybody?
there were a few, ! carrying binladens family leaving the US
how in the hell did that happen,hmmm the government let them go,
WE can ALL ask WHY? I wonder.
http://www.unansweredquestions.org/timeline/timeline_after911.html
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york091102.asp
references and all. more info than you may want to hear.

believe what the government controlled media feeds you, not me .
my faith is somewhere else.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
"Also how many planes were in the air on 9/12? anybody know? anybody?
there were a few, ! carrying binladens family leaving the US"

Where are you getting this from? According to the 9-11 comission that is a false statement.

Planes carrying bin laden family members, of which 40+ were interviewed, were allowed to travel once flights were allowed back in the air after the 13th, just like everyone else.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
"Also how many planes were in the air on 9/12? anybody know? anybody?
there were a few, ! carrying binladens family leaving the US"

Where are you getting this from? According to the 9-11 comission that is a false statement.

Planes carrying bin laden family members, of which 40+ were interviewed, were allowed to travel once flights were allowed back in the air after the 13th, just like everyone else.
i meant the 13 honestly it wouldnt let me change the post?hmmm

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Just in case you care, the men were found to be illegals from Syria.
What worries me is that there are a few theories and stories floating around that Iraq shipped WMDs to Syria.

PC1

A very disturbing article, I'm glad it was written and thank you Jergo for posting it here. Otherwise I wouldn't even have known about it.

I found it at least a little reassuring that several Air Marshalls were on board and apparently were aware of what was going on, I find it disturbing that there were apparently several people mentioned to the flight attendants their concern over the suspicious activity and yet, did any of the marshalls perform an inspection of what these Syrian musicians were carrying on them DURING THE FLIGHT?

I realize they have their guidelines to follow and we have laws against racial profiling. But I think most people can agree that DURING A FLIGHT, different rules can and should apply.

If the situation was reversed, that WHITE MEN were conducting terrorist acts against arabic countries, and I was singled out on a plane traveling in the middle east during a flight, and air marshalls inspected me, my family, and my carry on belongings, I might not be happy about it. But assuming it was done professionally and with reasonable courtesy, and an apology followed upon their NOT finding anything, I could easily understand it and not be all pissed off about it. Especially if they were professional enough to assist in repacking my belongings.

Under the circumstances, reasonable people would agree it was a REASONABLE search if I was acting suspiciously.

It should NOT be a problem IN FLIGHT, to give our FAA, Air Marshalls, etc., additional authority with reduced civil rights to passengers given the potential for disaster, especially given that our airlines/airports STILL do not have their act together when it comes to inspecting passengers and their baggage.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
It should NOT be a problem IN FLIGHT, to give our FAA, Air Marshalls, etc., additional authority with reduced civil rights to passengers given the potential for disaster, especially given that our airlines/airports STILL do not have their act together when it comes to inspecting passengers and their baggage.
This is appalling. We are pretty much begging for another attack. I am really surprised it hasn't happened yet. They could have easily taken down that plane if they wanted to.

Manwhore

Awards
They are doing dry runs seeing what they can get away with and what they can learn about security protocals. They are testing the waters to plan their next attack.
exactly! and if that story,about the passports being expired is true,MAN is that sad.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
If the situation was reversed, that WHITE MEN were conducting terrorist acts against arabic countries, and I was singled out on a plane traveling in the middle east during a flight, and air marshalls inspected me, my family, and my carry on belongings, I might not be happy about it. But assuming it was done professionally and with reasonable courtesy, and an apology followed upon their NOT finding anything, I could easily understand it and not be all pissed off about it. Especially if they were professional enough to assist in repacking my belongings.
Look at it this way. No one complains when they racially profile white males who live with their mother when there is a serial killer loose. generally people that high jack planes are middle eastern. Yet, If we profile them we are racist. Makes perfect sense....

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Another aspect to this story is quite disturbing. They said the air marshals would only act if there was a threat on the plane. What would have happened if 3 of them came out of the bathroom with bombs strapped to their chests. It would have been too late for them to do anything when there was a threat. If they tried to do anything to them the plane would blow up. They would be at the mercy of the terrorist.

fiddler

Awards
what do you mean generally middle eastern men highjack airplane?!?

Have you ever heard of a Indian highjacking a plane here? or an asian?

Only middle eastern whackos highjack planes in the US, so check them all, very simple procedure. save us all the trouble and would certainly give me peace of mind.

fiddler

Manwhore

Awards
And only those idiots are stupid enough to kill themselves with everyone else. They all want to die for their all powerful ala or ali or whatever you call him,so i have a plan. Let's all pack them into a few C-130s and send them over to Europe with just enough full to make it half way.

Manwhore

Awards
That sounds much better. I'd hate to think these highly trained agents don't know what they're doing. After all,they are highly trained for these situtaions and they know alot more than we do. I feel much safer now. Time to eat breakfast

fiddler

Awards
nah, why waste a good airplane bro?

just throw them out over it. i want the plane back!

fiddler

Manwhore

Awards
Take out a cruise ship with all terroists on it and when you get in some very deep waters,everyone gets to push a terroist over board with their brand new concrete boots on.... Take them off the coast of Australia,throw out some chum and watch the great whites rip them apart. I'll bring the beer :)

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like she is just some dumb bigot who chose to make a big deal out it. Bag getting emptier after bathroom trips, sinister unfriendly looks, hand signalling...

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/skyterror.asp

Sorry fellas she was just a paranoid individual. Those guys were part of a band and they
were followed to where they played and the Air marshalls chose not to lose their cover
because that is a ruse often used to get an idea of who the marshalls are.
because that couldnt have been planned, right?

these fvcking arabs have MILLIONS of dollars to run these tests. everything went as planned: check for security leaks, get caught, but get caught with nothing, go to a pre-arranged gig, play some music and have a good time. everything looks good.

watch in a few months: BOOM!!!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything is possible but it probably wasn't anything to
get worried about. You can spend your whole life looking
under rocks but it's gonna be a stressed life.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If they are clean and haven't been shown to have any links to terror groups then there is no point getting all worked up. The men were screened prior to getting on the plane. They were watched closely by air marshalls on the plane and they were followed after the flight. I really don't know how much more security one needs to not feel paranoid.

It may have been a dry run or a political statement but I seriously doubt it.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah, you got it.....it was a 14-man band who like to bring mcdonalds on the plane and have SERIOUS bladder problems.

and im sure the "one-way" tickets meant nothing.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like she is just some dumb bigot who chose to make a big deal out it. Bag getting emptier after bathroom trips, sinister unfriendly looks, hand signalling...
What exactly did she do that makes her a bigot? The fact is ALL terrorists who high jack planes are middle easern. If I saw the same thing I would be concerned about it too. Does that make me a bigot?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Sorry fellas she was just a paranoid individual. Those guys were part of a band and they
were followed to where they played and the Air marshalls chose not to lose their cover
because that is a ruse often used to get an idea of who the marshalls are.
The snopes story failed to debunk Jacobsen's account of what happened. It simply totally discounted what she had to say and took what the government had to say as 100% fact. Notice they really 100 % on the governments side and didn't offer any other evidence such as other passengers of anyone from the crew.
Before he could finish his statement, the flight attendant pulled him into the galley. In a quiet voice she explained that they were all concerned about what was going on. The captain was aware. The flight attendants were passing notes to each other. She said that there were people on board "higher up than you and me watching the men." ....Approximately 10 minutes later, that same flight attendant came by with the drinks cart. She leaned over and quietly told my husband there were federal air marshals sitting all around us. She asked him not to tell anyone and explained that she could be in trouble for giving out that information. She then continued serving drinks.
After reading this you can either believe she is lying or the crew of the plane was concerned about this too.
The plane landed. My husband and I gathered our bags and quickly, very quickly, walked up the jetway. As we exited the jetway and entered the airport, we saw many, many men in dark suits. A few yards further out into the terminal, LAPD agents ran past us, heading for the gate. I have since learned that the representatives of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), the Federal Air Marshals (FAM), and the Transportation Security Association (TSA) met our plane as it landed. Several men -- who I presume were the federal air marshals on board -- hurried off the plane and directed the 14 men over to the side.
Judging by the response of our government when they landed it's pretty safe to say that the crew of the plane was concerned enough to radio flight control. If what she said was untrue why would the stewardess tell her they are concerned about it too? Why would the government questioned the men afterwards if it was simply the case of her over reacting?I don't think so.
I grabbed my son, I held my husband's hand and, despite the fact that I am not a particularly religious person, I prayed. The last man came out of the bathroom, and as he passed the man in the yellow shirt he ran his forefinger across his neck and mouthed the word "No."
This is the most chilling part of the story. The fact still remains if they were up to something they would have been able to get away with it. If the "musicians came out of the bathrooms with bombs there would have been little any one could have done.
If this was the case of a crazy woman over reacting they would have pulled her off when the plane landed not the men.
What happened is she wrote a story that gave the government a black eye. If it gets out that we are no safer than we were 9-10 (which we aren't) it's a major hit to the government credibility and hurts the air lines economically. So of coarse they want to discredit this story.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Also they give salon as a reference which sure as hell not objective. Instead of looking at what she had to say they use the left tactic of slapping a label on her and mocking her. They are right why should anyone be concerned about 14 middle eastern men who can't sit still on a plane? Any one who would be concerned about that is a bigot. Middle eastern men never have done anything wrong on a plane..................oh how fast we forgot that 3000 people are dead. The fact that they labeled and mocked some one concerned about this a bigot is sickening.
I had to fly recently I noticed that me and my G/F went threw the extra screening and a middle eastern man didn't. I was pretty pissed to say the least. That fact that we haven't been hit again has nothing to do with us, it has more to do with the terrorist choosing not to.

size

Awards
  • Established
The actions of standing during the descent and talking on cell phones was not addressed in the response article.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been on a bunch of planes and standing and talking on cell phones when you're not supposed to isn't inherent
to middle eastern men. Like I said earlier it could be true but the fact they were screened and followed and they found nothing
is enough for me. If you spend your whole life scared to do anything it's going to be a hard living.

Is she a bigot? maybe not but she should have packed plenty of tin foil to keep on her head.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to mention that if their idea of a dry run was putting a dozen middle eastern men on a plane
then we shouldn't have too much to worry about. I think even an idiot could pick up on that pattern.
Don't think the gov't hasn't marked all that down.

Also, had that been real the gov't would of benefitted more by catching them even during a dry run then letting it pass by.
Pres. Busg could use that to his advantage for re election.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What exactly did she do that makes her a bigot? The fact is ALL terrorists who high jack planes are middle easern. If I saw the same thing I would be concerned about it too. Does that make me a bigot?
They were checked and _interrogated_ by the FAM, LAPD, FBI, TSA. But some people keep insisting that they are terrorists. Nothing is good enough for some people until the last Arab gets booted out of the states.

I'm not against racial or religious profiling but against racist discrimination. Can't do much about prejudice.

Besides the point but ~50% of Arabs in US are Christian who came partly to escape discrimination and very underrated ally against Muslim terrorists.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The actions of standing during the descent and talking on cell phones was not addressed in the response article.

Were you expecting every 'abberant' action to be listed and explained? I expect the FAM, TSA, LAPD, FBI, CIA, SS interrogation of the alleged terror-musicians would have uncovered something by now.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
They were checked and _interrogated_ by the FAM, LAPD, FBI, TSA. But some people keep insisting that they are terrorists. Nothing is good enough for some people until the last Arab gets booted out of the states.
This was after the flight. This has to mean that the crew was very concerned about the men's actions during the flight. It means that they were so concerned that the pilot of the plane radioed ahead about it. Seeing that they fly for a living, it would be fair to assume that they are used to dealing with people every day. The fact that they were concerned about this has to tell us that the men were acting so out of the ordinary than most people on a average flight.
Do you think if Al Queda could put terrorist threw flight school in this country that they could teach teams of terrorist to play musical instruments? It makes a perfect front. Also if you read part 2 of the article she said
Gary Boettcher, Member, Board of Directors, Allied Pilots Association, said, "Folks, I am a Captain with a major airline. I was very involved with the Arming Pilots effort. Your reprint of this airborne event is not a singular nor isolated experience. The terrorists are probing us all the time." During a later phone conversation I had with Boettcher, he told me that based on his experience, it was his opinion that I was likely on a dry run. He said he's had many of these experiences and so have many of his fellow captains. They've been trying to speak out about this but so far their words have been falling on deaf ears.
If it was a dry run than they would have no weapons on them and they would have a cover set up. There would be nothing we could hold them on. Another aspect is the possibility that there were no air marshals on the plane. This would make our government look even worse.

I'm not against racial or religious profiling but against racist discrimination. Can't do much about prejudice.
What does this have to do with anything? You previously called her a bigot and didn't answer the question of why she's a bigot. If you want to throw the terms bigot and racist discrimination around you better be able to back up what you are saying really really well. So far you have not done that. IMO these are terms that should not be used in a hap hazard way.

Besides the point but ~50% of Arabs in US are Christian who came partly to escape discrimination and very underrated ally against Muslim terrorists.
Are all middle earners terrorist? No but so far all terrorist have been middle eastern. If that is the case it makes no sense to pull aside grand mothers and woman with babies. It makes perfect sense to double or triple check any one with the last name Omar Akmed Omar.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Were you expecting every 'abberant' action to be listed and explained? I expect the FAM, TSA, LAPD, FBI, CIA, SS interrogation of the alleged terror-musicians would have uncovered something by now.
Do you think that is something that the government wants on the cover of the New York Times?