Anyone ever use Rosetta Stone

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Yes, no--did it work? what didn't you like, something better out there than this?? Let me know.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im using it right now to learn Mandarin Chinese.

I use it off and on, but not enough.

Truthfully, I think its an excellent program and kinda fun to use. Almost like playing a video game.

I get busy but I know if I applied myself to it more Id pick up much faster.

Why dont you get a free sample from them? You can do the first chapter/course for free I believe.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Bump for this, anybody else with any opinions on it. Ive heard it works, just havent gotten around to trying it yet.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im using it right now to learn Mandarin Chinese.

I use it off and on, but not enough.

Truthfully, I think its an excellent program and kinda fun to use. Almost like playing a video game.

I get busy but I know if I applied myself to it more Id pick up much faster.

Why dont you get a free sample from them? You can do the first chapter/course for free I believe.

I've used it as well for Mandarin. It's pretty decent, but I don't feel it's an all inclusive to learn a language fluently in and of itself. Def a good tool to use and you can learn enough to get by though.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea it is so expensive, I think their are very solid language learning systems for 1/4 the price. I was interested in the Spanish one but the full system is like 500 bucks, that's just insane.
It can be had on torrents for free though.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used it as well for Mandarin. It's pretty decent, but I don't feel it's an all inclusive to learn a language fluently in and of itself. Def a good tool to use and you can learn enough to get by though.
My wife is Chinese so I have a little advantage over everyone else, lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
never tried it, used pimsleur for french and italian its was really effective.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I used the Spanish. It worked great so I let my GF's 3 brothers use it. All under 12, and they can all speak and understand it now. I can't really speak it well but I can watch Spanish TV now. I always wanted to know what all those hot chicks were saying.