How many of you buy from CraigsList

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I have never. I have seen some pretty sweet deals on laptops since i am on the market for one. However--the skeptic in me wonders if i should trust anybody on that site.

If it looks to good to be true it probably is comes to mind...i don't know, you tell me.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
ive went through craigslist before. got a few good deals. got one bad deal. try to steer away from things that could easily be mimic'd, or easily go bad shortly after the sale. ask a lot of questions n stuff...there are good deals on there,, just be cautious...idk if i would trust buying a laptop from there. my roommate got his ps3 from craigslist...no problems...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've bought and sold on there before, but it's kinda pizzing me off as of the last year or so. SOOO many spammers and scammers out there. If a deal looks too good, you have a right to be skeptical about it. Best bet is that if a phone number is listed, use it. If none is listed, then it's your call to email or not. It's particularly bad when selling something. I get emails with the subject line of something I listed for 2 days about a year ago and it's nothing but a "hey, I make money from home and so can you" thing - SPAM.

Buyer beware.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only buy hookers off CL.
So you just skip the whole purchasing services and just buy the person, eh? Smart move. More costs initially, but it pays for itself over time.

Do you keep the hookers for yourself? or are you a retailer?

:laugh2:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only buy non-technological stuff from there. Picked up powerblocks, other little odds and ends. For the most part though, people want too much money for any tech products, and I could get it off ebay for less.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only buy non-technological stuff from there. Picked up powerblocks, other little odds and ends. For the most part though, people want too much money for any tech products, and I could get it off ebay for less.
I'm currently looking for a minivan. :nutkick:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll swap you mine for your bike
The only reason that I can justify buying a minivan AND keeping my ManCard is by having the bike. Sure, it'd be practical, and sure, it'd be a LOT easier to haul a kiddo and the Dane around in, but still... minivan.

JComp

Awards
Ive got a few things on craigslist and sold some stuff too. Anything thats not cash dont do, like people wanting to wire money, scam for sure. Ive traded 20 dollar subwoofers for a 200 dollar hand gun before. If im going to buy something I always go to the house, and not meet up anywhere so if anything goes bad you atleast know where the person lives.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
bought my car off it. 02 wrx love it

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I just bought a boat. I will be bringing it home on Sunday. It was a much better deal than any of the other classified sites that I have looked at.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Last year i pretty much made my living for a while on craigslist, I would buy weights and such as cheap as i could then clean them up (if needed) and then sell them for 75 cents/pound or so. I also got stuff like benches and everything, I got REALLY good at it and really liked doing it. If you guys need money you should give it a shot but don't be afraid to make somewhat low offers to people. I took REALLY good pictures of the stuff i would sell and leave a really exciting and detailed ad. I know it sounds kind of corny but seriously i made a good extra amount of money.
It kind of sucks now because EVERYTHING i see is retail or really close to it so there's not as much money to be made if any. But this is only in my area in southeast MI. I'm bummed :(
Everything i sell on there i try to help the people out as much as possible but it seems like on the Auto classifieds is where a lot of people get screwed so make sure you look at what your buying really close and make sure nothing looks fishy.
Hope this helps!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I bought a spa off it, got a good deal. You just need to be careful with the rip-offs that are out there.

Pezz

Awards
Ooh free weights, its a nice place to find weights and exercise equipment from lazy people who didn't end up using the stuff.