Postal jobs and drug screenings...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I just recently got a job offer from a close family member to become a United States Postal carrier. The job will be paying right off the bat 32.50/hr. with possible raises in the future. I would have to complete a physical, drug screening, etc. and I'm going to be taking the test in the next month.

Does anybody have any experience with the drug screening? I don't wanna be using any Deca if they're gonna be testing for AAS. I'll probably just won't use it anyways to be safe, but wanted to know how that works with federal jobs like this.

I'm pretty damn excited about all of this, and would love to say FVCK going back to college to get another degree.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine just went through a screening for a huge brewing company...I am not sure about the AAS, but they did test for Illegal recreational drugs....he passed everything with flying colors, even a piss test, and for the final test the took a hair sample...from his chest.He did shave his body, and head 6 1/2 months before, and smoked a doobie 2 weeks prior to the shaving...unfortunaltey he flunked...weed stays in your system around 30 days, even a little longer to get into the hair folicle.
Of course it is the federal government, they probably go for the cheap piss test, and only for recreational drugs.Good luck.

Peace

I just recently got a job offer from a close family member to become a United States Postal carrier. The job will be paying right off the bat 32.50/hr. with possible raises in the future. I would have to complete a physical, drug screening, etc. and I'm going to be taking the test in the next month.

Does anybody have any experience with the drug screening? I don't wanna be using any Deca if they're gonna be testing for AAS. I'll probably just won't use it anyways to be safe, but wanted to know how that works with federal jobs like this.

I'm pretty damn excited about all of this, and would love to say FVCK going back to college to get another degree.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
32.50 an hour? What part of the country is that?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow bro, that's good fuckin money. You need to hook us up with a job like that. Good for you

red_devil1469

Awards
You may want to double check that pay.Usaully the whole country except for maybe Alaska and Hawaii the pay is the same.My dad is a postmaster and last I heard it was around 17 an hour.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the position is an associate rank I think? I forget what level they call it. But the actual job is to do with corporate advertising and promoting, etc. I thought it was for a carrier, but it isn't. I haven't even talked to him again, so I still don't know too much about it.

I would rather have the carrier position though...LOL...and I'm not even to excited about sales now. But yes, carriers do make less and thats what I thought I was gonna be doing.

red_devil1469

Awards
Yeah I was a carrier for a couple of years.Its ok, but remeber neither rain nor sleet nor etc. :)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I was a carrier for a couple of years.Its ok, but remeber neither rain nor sleet nor etc. :)

Yeah thats right. Taking that into account really puts things in perspective, or rather outa perspective... :hammer: :D