Bad habits?

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
Hey AM,

I just wanted to start a thread regarding bad habits we all have. Can be related to substances, human interaction, or pretty much anything.

To get it started, I'll post some of mine:

I dip.
I smoke cigars.
I don't trust any driver other than myself. Doesn't matter if it's another car on the road or if I'm riding as a passenger- not being in control at 70 mph makes me nervous.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
- Drinking.
- Being too hard on myself/expecting myself to be perfect (the basis of my anxiety/panic attack problems), though I am beginning to overcome this mostly thanks to awesome family and friends.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
-drinking, not that I do it often, but when I do. Yes, I will be blacking out.
-laziness. Yes I am a lazy lethargic slob sometimes.
-junk food. Yea i like it.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Smoking
Lazy
AFC

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi, my name's TiM, and I'm an internetaholic. :D

-Camel Menthol Silvers
-Skoal mint pouches
-the occasional stogie
-Fast food, but not really by choice all the time. (long story...)
-Bigorexia, despite the need to cut
-Not eating enough fruit

But still, those aren't vices. They are merely ways that I'm more perfect. :cheers:

thebiggerpict

Awards
bad habits ,,

i dont drink very rarely,, but when i do 1-3times a year im lockedddd

when i have a cheat day like once every 1-2 months,, i go over bored,, taking in about 1100 calories of junk :(

sometimes im very unsocial able,, i like 2 relax on my own

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, my name's TiM, and I'm an internetaholic. :D

-Camel Menthol Silvers
-Skoal mint pouches
-the occasional stogie
-Fast food, but not really by choice all the time. (long story...)
-Bigorexia, despite the need to cut
-Not eating enough fruit

But still, those aren't vices. They are merely ways that I'm more perfect. :cheers:
Marlboro Menthol Lights (better known as gold stripe now) for me, marlboro SNUS, ocasional cigars, freakin hostess cupcakes and coldstone creamery and something inbetween bigorexia and anorexia.

Oh and other substance abuse too xanax, ghb/gbl, opiates, etc. not really "abuse" per say as they aren't daily or even frenquent but I tend to go overboard when I do use em. Not to leave out anabolic abuse :D

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Bacon. I just can't get enough of it!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Newport Shorts
Oxycontin
Muscle Relaxers
Marijuana
I always think I'm fat (anorexia?), but everybody tells me I'm not! Doesn't stop my eating habits though :)!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Smoking, and not just cigarettes.

Feeling sorry for myself.

Not being confident enough in myself.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh yeah, I left heavy drinking out of my bad habits. Thats the only value to me being on a keto diet - it stops me from drinking beer or wine.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
smokin budd(im stressful and angry a lot)
biting nails

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Bacon is meat candy :D

anyway, bad habits.
I forget that my husband isn't as short as I am and I leave all the top cabinets open which has lead to injury :/

Bite my nails

Procrastinate yet I start 5 projects at the same time

Eating excessive amounts of Pancakes

Phone phobia (I very rarely answer, which seems to anger people) :)

I pick at scabs, eeeew!

and I am also an Internetaholic

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Cheat meals every weekend..but at least they aren't total junk.
1 glass of red wine every other night...although some might say its not a bad thing
3-4 drinks on Friday night.
ummmm...I think that is about it.
Coffee...about a pot a day.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
I have another one- I use leg day as an excuse to eat stuff that I really shouldn't, in the name of "glycogen replenishment". For instance, at the moment I'm working on a bag of sour patch watermelons that I picked up on the way home from the gym.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I have another one- I use leg day as an excuse to eat stuff that I really shouldn't, in the name of "glycogen replenishment". For instance, at the moment I'm working on a bag of sour patch watermelons that I picked up on the way home from the gym.
LOL that's funny because I do the same thing! I use it as an excuse to eat at a buffet or fast food joint and stuff my face full of fatty foods after a brutal squat workout :icon16:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL that's funny because I do the same thing! I use it as an excuse to eat at a buffet or fast food joint and stuff my face full of fatty foods after a brutal squat workout :icon16:
I usually eat a small bag of something like skittles before a heavy lift day. Not a big bag, but one of those like ya might get for trick or treat. :D It helps, I swear!!!

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
I smoke just about every kind of tobacco. Cigars, Pipe, sometimes cigarettes.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Miller Lite

I love Miller time. :cheers:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ahhhh yes....beer, I have a weakness for ice coooold beer
I have a weakness. His name is Don. He forces me to say silly stuff on Facebook.

No, wait, that's a strength. My bad. :cheers:

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
wintergreen copenhagen

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I cant stop eating the day after squats.

My bad habits:

I have to much preworkout: i drink them all the time even if i am not working outl! Once i worked out it was cheaper than buying red bull ive been hooked.

I probably have a few too many cheat meals but sometimes i just need a ****ing burger!

Im starting to spend to much time on this website...haha..i could be singing or writing music.

IM sure i have more...but thats all i can think of right now....

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Bad habits that were kicked:
-Spending wayyy too much on supplements instead of workouts/food etc.
-Working out for too long and doing too many sets 2-2.5 hour workouts.
-Not training legs hard enough.

**NEW** Bad habits:
-Somewhat "dirty" diet, Still get macros right but feel i could get it better.
-Over analyzing what it will take to progress instead of just progressing.
-Getting wayyyy too pissed from Call Of Duty :D

As money gets better i'll probably sink more into making my diet cleaner and the over analyzing thing will probably take some time. Overall still happy with how things are going. :)

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
going green....
...and then giving into my munchies

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
oh damn...

^This

Bacon is meat candy :D

Procrastinate yet I start 5 projects at the same time

Eating excessive amounts of Pancakes

Phone phobia (I very rarely answer, which seems to anger people) :)

and I am also an Internetaholic
^This too

bad habits ,,

i dont drink very rarely,, but when i do 1-3times a year im lockedddd

when i have a cheat day like 1-2x a week, i go over bored,, taking in about 1100 calories of junk :(

sometimes im very unsocial able,, i like 2 relax on my own
^And this

In addition to the occasional BS Rx fun nights and steroids... I also horde Designer steroids. I think they should have AASA meetings (androgen anabolic steroids anonymous) Hi my name is dbdude and I'm a steroidholic

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Not getting things done around the house. Things like mowing the lawn, painting, fixing the deck, etc etc. I will take an extra $100 and go buy something else with it rather than paint a couple rooms, stuff like that. But right now I'm the only one working and my wife is in school, and much of the time I'm not getting things done its because I'm playing with my son or taking him someplace. so its not totally selfish reasons.

One real bad habit I used to have- having a hard time realizing I was married and had more to take care of than just myself. I would spend money on supplements instead of taking the family someplace, or go buy some vials instead of putting new tires on the car. But now its definitely not like that anymore. I make it a priority to take a family vacation every summer (yes, an expensive one) I always make sure my family has what they need before I even think about bodybuilding, and I have found a way to eat much cheaper and still continue to make progress. I cant tell you how many times in the past i would buy something and the following week turn around and say Geez I wished I hadnt blown that on bodybuilding...

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
-self attacking
-social anxiety, although I have come so far from where I was
-OCD

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
camel menthol silvers

negativity- if the masses like it, i don't

eating sweets in the middle of the night....for whatever reason i wake up at night and need to eat so i grab something quick and easy which usually isn't the best choice, but recently i've been going with pieces of better protein bars, still high in carbs but better than some junk, also excited for powerchews bcaa's to eat at night

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every pretty girl I pull over gets a ticket, no matter what.

Every ugly girl or fat chick I pull over gets a break.

Reason, hot chicks get tons of breaks in life and ugly one do not. :)

Not sure if it's a bad habit or profiling but it's truth lol

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards

:laugh2: That's great.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established

This just made my night. I get so fed up with the "hot" girls who think that they can just get away with whatever they want because of how they look. Yes, they're eye candy, but half of them are bullies in a sense because their egos are so large they have their own gravitational fields.

I've met a few down to earth pretty girls in my life, and a few mean fat girls, but at the end of the day the stereotypes still tend to be pretty accurate.

Pezz

Awards
Drinking alcohol. Extremely toxic for me, makes me do stuuuuuupid ****.

airram479

Awards
  • Established

lol....:rofl: Kind of reminds me of a manager that used to work for us. Good looking girl...but, when higher-up's realized that she couldn't do her job--her looks did no good for her as the door hit her in the a$$

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
lol....:rofl: Kind of reminds me of a manager that used to work for us. Good looking girl...but, when higher-up's realized that she couldn't do her job--her looks did no good for her as the door hit her in the a$$
Poor door testes positive for herpes 2 weeks later :disappointed:

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
-self attacking
-social anxiety, although I have come so far from where I was
-OCD
Glad I'm not the only one on here with this problem. I'm bad socially especially when it comes to women, which has in the past lead to depression and me drinking, which wasn't a big help either which lead to more depression. My biggest problem is girls what a guy that can carry on a conversation. Well I can do that, but only with topics I like and can relate to. If I can't relate to something idk wtf to say. I can talk about wrestling, mma and video games for hours though.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Glad I'm not the only one on here with this problem. I'm bad socially especially when it comes to women, which has in the past lead to depression and me drinking, which wasn't a big help either which lead to more depression. My biggest problem is girls what a guy that can carry on a conversation. Well I can do that, but only with topics I like and can relate to. If I can't relate to something idk wtf to say. I can talk about wrestling, mma and video games for hours though.
DUDE, same problem here! I'm socially crippled LOL! If I know something about the topic, I'm good. But otherwise, there's a problem. I don't know about you, but I can't even ask someone if they want to hang out after school! It's just nerve-wrecking! But, I have found myself to be getting better, but only because I'm practicing :D! Also, I have found that Oxycontin works WONDERS for social anxiety! Seriously, not enough to get high or anything like that, but just one percocet will turn you into a conversational genius. I know it sounds stupid, but social skills apparently take practice. The fight-or-flight feeling I get hasn't gone away though, hopefully it will some day soon. So, anyways, to recap: Practice & Oxycontin! Just kidding about the Oxycontin (hopefully there is something that has the same effect, but not addictive, that can be used instead though)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
DUDE, same problem here! I'm socially crippled LOL! If I know something about the topic, I'm good. But otherwise, there's a problem. I don't know about you, but I can't even ask someone if they want to hang out after school! It's just nerve-wrecking! But, I have found myself to be getting better, but only because I'm practicing :D! Also, I have found that Oxycontin works WONDERS for social anxiety! Seriously, not enough to get high or anything like that, but just one percocet will turn you into a conversational genius. I know it sounds stupid, but social skills apparently take practice. The fight-or-flight feeling I get hasn't gone away though, hopefully it will some day soon. So, anyways, to recap: Practice & Oxycontin! Just kidding about the Oxycontin (hopefully there is something that has the same effect, but not addictive, that can be used instead though)
Yeah another bitch thing about talking to women is I always get stuck in the friends zone. My last two girlfriends approached me so it was a lot easier. I think that's one of the reasons I want to get big, so girls will approach me more, then me approaching them lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Girls don't like big guys all that much, so be careful how big you get...

I guess i'm lucky with not having social anxiety, which is particularly odd given that i'm a software developer. Most software developers are fairly crippled socially.

It does explain why I have such an easy time with women though ;)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established

I guess i'm lucky with not having social anxiety, which is particularly odd given that i'm a software developer. Most software developers are fairly crippled socially.

Well some do. I'm definitely not going to get skinny and look like one of these skinny fake tough punks. I kind of expect to look something like Kurt Angle back when he was 220. I think me and him both have similar body types and we're both around the same size.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Well some do. I'm definitely not going to get skinny and look like one of these skinny fake tough punks. I kind of expect to look something like Kurt Angle back when he was 220. I think me and him both have similar body types and we're both around the same size.
Ha, I'm not too concerned with "limiting" myself yet! We'll see if/when I work my way up to 175 if I'll even have to be concerned about not getting too big!!! LOL! Sure wish I had that problem though :D!

P.S.
I'm not making fun of you, I am simply saying I have a hard time gaining weight! I just re-read my post, and it kinda looked bad, so basic disclaimer here!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I had a response for this but it sounded extremely c0cky lol so I'll just say I disagree with your first statement. However, I don't think woman like the IFBB type guys to much.