What was the first gun you bought

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%

    What was the first gun you bought


    My firearm handling is minimal at best, minimal being me and dad out in the wilderness with some pop and coffee cans.

    500-600$ is my max, which should be do-able from what i have been pulling up.

    I am just trying to feel out what the bro's on AM like to fire, and why. One gun i have been checking is FNP, along with glock, springfield...sig's look nice, but are a little more on the pricier side.

    I will be taking a basic certification to become more familiar with firearms before my purchase.

  2. New Member
    trumac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

    Do you have a caliber in mind? What will you be doing with it? Personal defense? Just shooting at the range? If at all possible the best advice I can give is to go to a range that rents pistols for use at their range and shoot them and see what is most comfortable to shoot.
  3. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I think, and I'm sure others will agree, that the type of firearm you are looking for is directly dependent on what you intend to use it for. They are a tool, not a toy, and not a fashion accessory - despite looking really dang cool. lol

    Is it for protection? For target? For hunting? I'm assuming you're going for a handgun here, too - revolver or pistol? Do you want something that you can handle easily, or something to really pack a punch? If you are going to be using it for target, does the price of ammo cause any concern? Also, when looking at the frame size itself, consider the "fit" of a gun to your hand. I have big hands, and anything smaller than a large sized frame doesn't quite work for me.

    For me, my ideal first gun was what I went with:

    Taurus PT-99 (9mm)


    9mm, adjustable rear sites. Replaced the stock grips with Hogue rubber and that's it. I've shot a few thousand rounds out of it and never had any problems. It has an internal locking mechanism with a special key - something important to me because at the time I planned to have kids, and now I have a 2 yr old daughter. Some call it a "Beretta Knock-off", but like I said, no problems with it. It's ergonomic and does the job. Bought it during the Clinton era so it came with a 10rd clip. Bought an aftermarket 15rd one for it, too. I've done a timed "fire for your life" run, all rounds + mag change, in about 4 seconds. Sure, I may not have hit anything, but I'm sure that if you have 25 rds coming at you that fast, any adversary isn't going to have dry pants for very long.

    Why 9mm? Why not larger? A well-placed shot counts, no matter what caliber. If you take the time to learn to shoot it well, and in different situations (eg, advancing on a target, backing away in defense, etc), you don't necessarily need to be blowin huge holes. Also, in defense of the 9mm, ammo is a lot less pricey than that of a 40 or 45. If you want a bigger hole, buy a better bullet.

    Price when I bought it: $450
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    trumac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

    By the way, definitely a great idea taking a basic safety course at the least.
  5. Senior Member
    laserbluess's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    i bought a used glock 23 (40 cal) back in august when i moved to a sketchy area while in college. i just take it to the range and also have it for personal safety as well. its a really fun gun to shoot, but it is not the most accurate. then again, im not the best shot lol.

    if i had to do it over again i would probably go with a 9mm just because i like shooting so much and bullets are too expensive right now. my next gun will be a 1911 but that wont be for quite some time.
  6. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    The first gun I bought I wasn't even in my teens yet and it was a single shot 20 gauge shot gun.

    What are you looking for. If in the wilderness then get you a rifle or a shotgun, if just for fun, a handgun... what are you looking for?
    The Historic PES Legend
  7. Advanced Member
    HondaV65's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    52
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    2268
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    74.65%

    I only go .45 cal. Shot placement is great - but the fact is ... at close range under combat situations ... there is so much adrenaline that the pinpoint accuracy of the range goes bye-bye. Sanford Strong studied this in his book "Strong On Defense".

    According to Sanford Strong, retired San Diego police SWAT team instructor and author of “Strong on Defense,” police officers miss with 75 percent of close-range shots while criminals miss with 96 percent of close-range shots. And a moving target is even more difficult to hit.

    Based on this - if you're the one doing the shooting for defensive reasons - you're going to be lucky to hit - and if you do hit - you want a round that is significant enough to STOP.

    Which is why I go .45. I have an Colt 1991-A1 and a Taurus compact semi-auto ... both .45 ACP.
  8. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority



    Psh.... That's a 9mm real manly. My chick has one

  9. Senior Member
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    1318
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    70.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    First pistol 13 years ago was a Glock 19 (9mm) and I've owned many Glock's since. My favorite, and the one that sits on my nightstand is a Glock 22 (.40cal).
  10. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%

    Range shooting & Personal defense. 9mm is what i am thinking for know.
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,881
    Rep Power
    778122
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    this is your best choice for that (potentially in a different barrel length if you'd like)



    357 magnum, will stop a bear. no hammer, it cant snag on anything. Not a semiauto so if one round is bad, you pull the trigger again to fire the next one instead of ****ing with it. It can't jam. You can fire 38 special through it to have a cheaper round at the range.
  12. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I own a Kimber M1911 (.45 acp) as my shooting gun (BEAUTIFUL gun); I have a "Judge" for my home defense weapon.



    As already stated, it all depends on what you want to use it for.





    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  13. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    this is your best choice for that (potentially in a different barrel length if you'd like)



    357 magnum, will stop a bear. no hammer, it cant snag on anything. Not a semiauto so if one round is bad, you pull the trigger again to fire the next one instead of ****ing with it. It can't jam. You can fire 38 special through it to have a cheaper round at the range.
    That's my second one, exactly that one. Technically, I bought it for my wife, but she doesn't ever carry it.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  14. New Member
    amateurfreak's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    432
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    48.43%

    colt .45 1911, it was standard issue us military all those years for a reason
    im the sh!t, even your girlfriend can smell it
  15. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,212
    Rep Power
    96471
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lotsa good advice has already been given, all Im gonna do is ask, have you considered a shot gun?

    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

  16. Advanced Member
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    577
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.32%

    Mine is a glock 22 (40 cal) Got it when I was living downtown Atlanta and got paranoid. I traded $500 cash for it.

    Ironically, I still haven't got any bullets. Ill have to use some impressive verbals threats with it if needed.
  17. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Lotsa good advice has already been given, all Im gonna do is ask, have you considered a shot gun?

    I could go on all day why it's not an ideal home weapon, but it certainly has its place. I'll take my "Judge" anyday.

    In the home environment, it easy to leave yourself vulnerable to having it taken from you in close quarters. A handgun that can deliver the same power while kept close to your body is a better bet in home defense (i.e, the Judge.) Otherwise, a shotgun is a fun weapon.




    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  18. New Member
    rayactr2k6's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    301
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    23.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I could go on all day why it's not an ideal home weapon, but it certainly has its place. I'll take my "Judge" anyday.

    In the home environment, it easy to leave yourself vulnerable to having it taken from you in close quarters. A handgun that can deliver the same power while kept close to your body is a better bet in home defense (i.e, the Judge.) Otherwise, a shotgun is a fun weapon.




    -John
    I got a mossberg 12 gauge. only cost 130 bucks at a pawn shop. I don't even need ammo with this thing, if anyone hears me caulk it they'll be long gone before i have a chance to shoot anyway
  19. New Member
    trumac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by rayactr2k6 View Post
    I got a mossberg 12 gauge. only cost 130 bucks at a pawn shop. I don't even need ammo with this thing, if anyone hears me caulk it they'll be long gone before i have a chance to shoot anyway
    I can't even begin to tell you how dangerous it would be to actually rely on simply racking it to scare away an intruder. I hope you are just exaggerating...
  20. New Member
    shocknyou's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    72.05%

    My first gun to purchase was a .308 by Weatherby. I use it for hunting and shooting at the range. This rifle is just my cup of tea. Large enough to knock any animal in TX to the ground and extremely accurate.

    If you want a gun for the range and personal defense stay the hell away from a 9mm. 9mm's shoot at such high velocities that you will likely shoot through your target, not knock him down. I would go with a .40cal and stay away from Glocks the safety sucks and you will likely shoot yourself. Also make sure you are buying a pistol that isn't too heavy for you. It's very important to be comfortable when learning to shoot. BTW for the range wear good ear protection!
  21. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1681
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I own a High-Point .380, and a High Point 40 caliber. High Point is inexpensive, American made, and guns have a lifetime warranty.

    You don't have to spend an arm-and-a-leg on your first firearm. Its not the gun that puts the end to a situation, its the trajectory the bullet.

    Get your CWP for at least the training, and teach yourself to shoot.
  22. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39388
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    A shotgun.
  23. Advanced Member
    demolition's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    13869
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    69.91%

    i have a Springfield XD9 and im lookn at a Springfield XD9 subcompact to carry. I own others but this is one of my favorites.
  24. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Lotsa good advice has already been given, all Im gonna do is ask, have you considered a shot gun?

    LOL. I think i almost spit my drink out! Yes, i have, and is on the list. Appreciate the advice given by everyone. I think i need to find a local range that rents out, that way i can determine what suits me best.
  25. New Member
    Hawk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    476
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    3.39%

    The FNP or the FNX (newer version of FNP) are great guns. I owned a FNP9 for a few years. I fired everything from winchester whitebox to ranger SXTs +p+ whithout any issues.

    Fabrique Nationale producues the majority of the USA's small arms (M2, M249, M240, even M16's/M4's, etc.) They have had a strong relationship with browning for over 100 years and they service all of FNH's new firearms.

    Best bang for the buck next to a used Glock, IMO.

    I sold it and bought a FN FiveSeven.

    www.fnforum.net

    Are you planning on carrying concealed?
  26. New Member
    Hawk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    476
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    3.39%

    As others have stated, you'll want to determine what your going to use the weapon system for:

    Home defense, range toy, personal defense, concealed carry, etc, etc...

    That will narrow down the choices a bit.

    If your not comfortable with firearms you might think about a revolver or a stryker fire weapon system (glock, XD M&P, no external hammer, no external safety)

    The FNP(X) will be double action/single action and it may or may not have a external safety (depending on model)

    I would reccomend buying something that is being used in a military/police contract by NATO forces for obvious reasons.

    Here are some examples:
    Any gock (except a 10mm)
    SW M&P
    HK USP, p2000, p30
    Beretta M9 (although I dont like these personally)

    or
    Springfield XD
    FNH FNX

    All of those should fall in your price range (some used)

    Take a look at Magpuls DVD "The art of the tactical handgun" It is hands down the best instructional dvd ever.
  27. New Member
    NattyT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    295
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    94.83%

    I own a kimber super carry pro 1911 45 with crimson trace laser and a smith and wesson m&p 40 with a crimson trace laser grip, both excellent weapons, also have a ar15 smith& wesson tatical, but I haven't been able to shoot the ar yet.
  28. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The FNP or the FNX (newer version of FNP) are great guns. I owned a FNP9 for a few years. I fired everything from winchester whitebox to ranger SXTs +p+ whithout any issues.

    Fabrique Nationale producues the majority of the USA's small arms (M2, M249, M240, even M16's/M4's, etc.) They have had a strong relationship with browning for over 100 years and they service all of FNH's new firearms.

    Best bang for the buck next to a used Glock, IMO.

    I sold it and bought a FN FiveSeven.

    www.fnforum.net

    Are you planning on carrying concealed?

    If i can get a permit, yes. However, i would like to be a responsible citizen by doing some basic training with a firearm first. From what i understand as of late Colorado is getting stringent with CCW's.
  29. New Member
    rayactr2k6's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    301
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    23.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by trumac View Post
    I can't even begin to tell you how dangerous it would be to actually rely on simply racking it to scare away an intruder. I hope you are just exaggerating...
    lol i do have shells, i just dont keep it loaded cuz i dont have a gun safe and i have dogs running around my house, dont want them to knock it over and have it go off.

    regardless of whether its loaded or not, if I were an intruder and i heard that sound, i wouldn't stick around long enough to see if it were loaded
  30. New Member
    trumac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by rayactr2k6 View Post
    lol i do have shells, i just dont keep it loaded cuz i dont have a gun safe and i have dogs running around my house, dont want them to knock it over and have it go off.

    regardless of whether its loaded or not, if I were an intruder and i heard that sound, i wouldn't stick around long enough to see if it were loaded
    I can tell you from experience that not all criminals share your sentiments. But I would rather see the gun safe and unloaded rather than have someone get hurt because it's lying around. Do you keep the tube loaded and an empty chamber or is it completely unloaded?
  31. New Member
    Fatpat1125's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    75
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    70.96%

    Sig saur 226 9mm was my first gun and it was pretty good. Now I carry a glock 30sf and it's okay.
  32. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    I own a kimber super carry pro 1911 45 with crimson trace laser and a smith and wesson m&p 40 with a crimson trace laser grip, both excellent weapons, also have a ar15 smith& wesson tatical, but I haven't been able to shoot the ar yet.
    A man after my own heart. The kimber 1911 .45 is one hell of a gun. I absolutely LOVE mine. Excellent craftmanship all around.

    Anything that's hit with that ain't getting up again.




    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  33. New Member
    rayactr2k6's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    301
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    23.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by trumac View Post
    I can tell you from experience that not all criminals share your sentiments. But I would rather see the gun safe and unloaded rather than have someone get hurt because it's lying around. Do you keep the tube loaded and an empty chamber or is it completely unloaded?
    completely unloaded. I have the shells within arms length of the shotty so if I had enough of a heads up to know i need a gun, id have that extra couple seconds to load a couple shells.

    I also have a handmade carbon steel, battle ready katana in case i want to keep things silent lol

    I want to get a handgun, i just dont have the cash right now. I want a .45 1911, probably H&K, i saw one for like 750 at the range and i heard H&K is much more reliable. If i had a handun i wouldnt mind having it loaded cuz i can keep that in a drawer, cant do that with a shotty
  34. New Member
    trumac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

    could always leave the tube full and just rack q round in when needed. You could always look at used handguns, there are deals to be had. just find one in good used condition and you can save a ton.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayactr2k6 View Post
    completely unloaded. I have the shells within arms length of the shotty so if I had enough of a heads up to know i need a gun, id have that extra couple seconds to load a couple shells.

    I also have a handmade carbon steel, battle ready katana in case i want to keep things silent lol

    I want to get a handgun, i just dont have the cash right now. I want a .45 1911, probably H&K, i saw one for like 750 at the range and i heard H&K is much more reliable. If i had a handun i wouldnt mind having it loaded cuz i can keep that in a drawer, cant do that with a shotty
  35. Advanced Member
    Lightweight1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    578
    Rep Power
    679
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%

    G L O C K !!! Go to a range that you can rent them and find a cailber and size that works well for you.
  36. New Member
    FubarFit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    302
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    4.96%

    I've got a savage model 99 .308 winchester for hunting. I want this for home defense and sickness.

    S&W Governor .410 / .45 Shotgun Revolver
    S&W has introduced a .410 chambered revolver with a light scandium frame called "The Governor" (urrgghhh ... a governor is more important than a judge, right?) . The Taurus Judge has been selling so well I am surprised it took so long for another company to copy the concept.

    Unlike the Judge, it can take .45 ACP in addition to the .45 Long Colt and .410.

    It comes in a laser (crimson trace) and non-laser version. The MSRP is $679 for the non-laser model
  37. Senior Member
    xigotmailx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    42675
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Never bought a gun, but i've stolen a .20 gauge shotty from this kid i knew and sold it for $20 lol so immature
  38. New Member
    daave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    94
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    94.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by demolition View Post
    i have a Springfield XD9 and im lookn at a Springfield XD9 subcompact to carry. I own others but this is one of my favorites.

    I have the XD40... i love the gun, but the profile is so damn wide. its not the easiest gun to conceal carry due to the thickness of it. it doesnt help that im 185lbs on a 5'9" frame, so anything that pokes out from my body looks suspicious.

    One word of advice... (IMO) dont buy keltec. i just sold mine. they "worK" but its way to easy to limp wrist it and jam a round. if you are shooting in a self defense scenario, you wont have the time to lock your arms and take the perfect stance. I had the pf9 and its too much caliber for a pocket gun. id rather spend another $250 and get something thats flawless. ive heard better things about their .380's, but Im no longer a fan of bargain guns.

    my first gun was a Ruger P90. my buddy was trading it in for a H&K .40 and the store was going to give him $250 on a trade in, so i just gave him the cash. Great gun.. i keep it next to the bed. too big for me to conceal though.
  39. New Member
    daave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    94
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    94.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx View Post
    Never bought a gun, but i've stolen a .20 gauge shotty from this kid i knew and sold it for $20 lol so immature
    definitely a good thing to advertise in a public forum ::facepalm
  40. New Member
    trumac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by daave View Post
    I have the XD40... i love the gun, but the profile is so damn wide. its not the easiest gun to conceal carry due to the thickness of it. it doesnt help that im 185lbs on a 5'9" frame, so anything that pokes out from my body looks suspicious.

    One word of advice... (IMO) dont buy keltec. i just sold mine. they "worK" but its way to easy to limp wrist it and jam a round. if you are shooting in a self defense scenario, you wont have the time to lock your arms and take the perfect stance. I had the pf9 and its too much caliber for a pocket gun. id rather spend another $250 and get something thats flawless. ive heard better things about their .380's, but Im no longer a fan of bargain guns.

    my first gun was a Ruger P90. my buddy was trading it in for a H&K .40 and the store was going to give him $250 on a trade in, so i just gave him the cash. Great gun.. i keep it next to the bed. too big for me to conceal though.
    My PF9 works just fine. I absolutely hate shooting it, but it works and is super easy to conceal. Definitely can find something better to spend your money on tho, the trigger reset is absurd.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just bought some BCAA's...
    By soseg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 09:26 AM
  2. Never bought from nutraplanet
    By iknowwhoyouar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 08:05 AM
  3. Anyone used/bought E-MAX yet?
    By The Flash in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
  4. My dad bought a used car
    By DazzlinJack in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in