What was the first gun you bought

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. As others have stated, you'll want to determine what your going to use the weapon system for:

    Home defense, range toy, personal defense, concealed carry, etc, etc...

    That will narrow down the choices a bit.

    If your not comfortable with firearms you might think about a revolver or a stryker fire weapon system (glock, XD M&P, no external hammer, no external safety)

    The FNP(X) will be double action/single action and it may or may not have a external safety (depending on model)

    I would reccomend buying something that is being used in a military/police contract by NATO forces for obvious reasons.

    Here are some examples:
    Any gock (except a 10mm)
    SW M&P
    HK USP, p2000, p30
    Beretta M9 (although I dont like these personally)

    or
    Springfield XD
    FNH FNX

    All of those should fall in your price range (some used)

    Take a look at Magpuls DVD "The art of the tactical handgun" It is hands down the best instructional dvd ever.


  2. I own a kimber super carry pro 1911 45 with crimson trace laser and a smith and wesson m&p 40 with a crimson trace laser grip, both excellent weapons, also have a ar15 smith& wesson tatical, but I haven't been able to shoot the ar yet.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The FNP or the FNX (newer version of FNP) are great guns. I owned a FNP9 for a few years. I fired everything from winchester whitebox to ranger SXTs +p+ whithout any issues.

    Fabrique Nationale producues the majority of the USA's small arms (M2, M249, M240, even M16's/M4's, etc.) They have had a strong relationship with browning for over 100 years and they service all of FNH's new firearms.

    Best bang for the buck next to a used Glock, IMO.

    I sold it and bought a FN FiveSeven.

    www.fnforum.net

    Are you planning on carrying concealed?

    If i can get a permit, yes. However, i would like to be a responsible citizen by doing some basic training with a firearm first. From what i understand as of late Colorado is getting stringent with CCW's.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by trumac View Post
    I can't even begin to tell you how dangerous it would be to actually rely on simply racking it to scare away an intruder. I hope you are just exaggerating...
    lol i do have shells, i just dont keep it loaded cuz i dont have a gun safe and i have dogs running around my house, dont want them to knock it over and have it go off.

    regardless of whether its loaded or not, if I were an intruder and i heard that sound, i wouldn't stick around long enough to see if it were loaded

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rayactr2k6 View Post
    lol i do have shells, i just dont keep it loaded cuz i dont have a gun safe and i have dogs running around my house, dont want them to knock it over and have it go off.

    regardless of whether its loaded or not, if I were an intruder and i heard that sound, i wouldn't stick around long enough to see if it were loaded
    I can tell you from experience that not all criminals share your sentiments. But I would rather see the gun safe and unloaded rather than have someone get hurt because it's lying around. Do you keep the tube loaded and an empty chamber or is it completely unloaded?
    •   
       


  6. Sig saur 226 9mm was my first gun and it was pretty good. Now I carry a glock 30sf and it's okay.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    I own a kimber super carry pro 1911 45 with crimson trace laser and a smith and wesson m&p 40 with a crimson trace laser grip, both excellent weapons, also have a ar15 smith& wesson tatical, but I haven't been able to shoot the ar yet.
    A man after my own heart. The kimber 1911 .45 is one hell of a gun. I absolutely LOVE mine. Excellent craftmanship all around.

    Anything that's hit with that ain't getting up again.




    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  8. Quote Originally Posted by trumac View Post
    I can tell you from experience that not all criminals share your sentiments. But I would rather see the gun safe and unloaded rather than have someone get hurt because it's lying around. Do you keep the tube loaded and an empty chamber or is it completely unloaded?
    completely unloaded. I have the shells within arms length of the shotty so if I had enough of a heads up to know i need a gun, id have that extra couple seconds to load a couple shells.

    I also have a handmade carbon steel, battle ready katana in case i want to keep things silent lol

    I want to get a handgun, i just dont have the cash right now. I want a .45 1911, probably H&K, i saw one for like 750 at the range and i heard H&K is much more reliable. If i had a handun i wouldnt mind having it loaded cuz i can keep that in a drawer, cant do that with a shotty

  9. could always leave the tube full and just rack q round in when needed. You could always look at used handguns, there are deals to be had. just find one in good used condition and you can save a ton.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayactr2k6 View Post
    completely unloaded. I have the shells within arms length of the shotty so if I had enough of a heads up to know i need a gun, id have that extra couple seconds to load a couple shells.

    I also have a handmade carbon steel, battle ready katana in case i want to keep things silent lol

    I want to get a handgun, i just dont have the cash right now. I want a .45 1911, probably H&K, i saw one for like 750 at the range and i heard H&K is much more reliable. If i had a handun i wouldnt mind having it loaded cuz i can keep that in a drawer, cant do that with a shotty

  10. G L O C K !!! Go to a range that you can rent them and find a cailber and size that works well for you.

  11. I've got a savage model 99 .308 winchester for hunting. I want this for home defense and sickness.

    S&W Governor .410 / .45 Shotgun Revolver
    S&W has introduced a .410 chambered revolver with a light scandium frame called "The Governor" (urrgghhh ... a governor is more important than a judge, right?) . The Taurus Judge has been selling so well I am surprised it took so long for another company to copy the concept.

    Unlike the Judge, it can take .45 ACP in addition to the .45 Long Colt and .410.

    It comes in a laser (crimson trace) and non-laser version. The MSRP is $679 for the non-laser model

  12. Never bought a gun, but i've stolen a .20 gauge shotty from this kid i knew and sold it for $20 lol so immature

  13. Quote Originally Posted by demolition View Post
    i have a Springfield XD9 and im lookn at a Springfield XD9 subcompact to carry. I own others but this is one of my favorites.

    I have the XD40... i love the gun, but the profile is so damn wide. its not the easiest gun to conceal carry due to the thickness of it. it doesnt help that im 185lbs on a 5'9" frame, so anything that pokes out from my body looks suspicious.

    One word of advice... (IMO) dont buy keltec. i just sold mine. they "worK" but its way to easy to limp wrist it and jam a round. if you are shooting in a self defense scenario, you wont have the time to lock your arms and take the perfect stance. I had the pf9 and its too much caliber for a pocket gun. id rather spend another $250 and get something thats flawless. ive heard better things about their .380's, but Im no longer a fan of bargain guns.

    my first gun was a Ruger P90. my buddy was trading it in for a H&K .40 and the store was going to give him $250 on a trade in, so i just gave him the cash. Great gun.. i keep it next to the bed. too big for me to conceal though.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx View Post
    Never bought a gun, but i've stolen a .20 gauge shotty from this kid i knew and sold it for $20 lol so immature
    definitely a good thing to advertise in a public forum ::facepalm

  15. Quote Originally Posted by daave View Post
    I have the XD40... i love the gun, but the profile is so damn wide. its not the easiest gun to conceal carry due to the thickness of it. it doesnt help that im 185lbs on a 5'9" frame, so anything that pokes out from my body looks suspicious.

    One word of advice... (IMO) dont buy keltec. i just sold mine. they "worK" but its way to easy to limp wrist it and jam a round. if you are shooting in a self defense scenario, you wont have the time to lock your arms and take the perfect stance. I had the pf9 and its too much caliber for a pocket gun. id rather spend another $250 and get something thats flawless. ive heard better things about their .380's, but Im no longer a fan of bargain guns.

    my first gun was a Ruger P90. my buddy was trading it in for a H&K .40 and the store was going to give him $250 on a trade in, so i just gave him the cash. Great gun.. i keep it next to the bed. too big for me to conceal though.
    My PF9 works just fine. I absolutely hate shooting it, but it works and is super easy to conceal. Definitely can find something better to spend your money on tho, the trigger reset is absurd.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by trumac View Post
    My PF9 works just fine. I absolutely hate shooting it, but it works and is super easy to conceal. Definitely can find something better to spend your money on tho, the trigger reset is absurd.
    i found the cheap winchester ammo works best.. i tried a box of speer gold dot, and it would stovepipe on 90% of rounds. even with winchester, i would still stovepipe unless i had my wrists locked completely. imo thats not realistic if you are being shot at bc there is a good chance you will shoot 1 handed while trying to retreat. my next gun will prob be a hammerless revolver or pocket 380. rugers lcr and LCP look good.. but a few hundred more can get a more reliable brand. im sitting on the cash until i see a good deal from a private seller.

  17. The one in my avvie!!! Then the scope, then the mount!!





    True story:

    I give a f**K!!

  18. Since we're posting pics now, here's my "home defense" tools. These are the badboys I have lying around the house. I'm too lazy to get into the safe to pull out the rifles right now.

    -Glock 22
    -Springfield Armory XD-M 40 (match grade barrel)
    -Mossberg 590 Combat (ext 9-round mag, 4-round speedfeed stock, 6-round side saddle, ghost ring sights)



  19. I thought I'd share a pic of my newest toy. I picked it up last weekend at a gun show. This thing is freakin' beautiful and an absolute beast; I really like the crimson trace laser digital camo grips it came stock with. Even though many Kimber models are fairly expensive, you certainly get what you pay for with the craftmanship; it's tough to beat the quality of a Kimber, imo.

    Kimber Custom Pro Covert 2 (5" barrel/chambered for .45 ACP):








    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  20. ^

    Badass.

  21. My first gun I ever purchased was a Mossberg 12 Gauge Shotgun. I remember being thrilled as hell.
    I'm Back...

  22. First gun I bought: Glock g23

  23. My first was a Taurus Mill Pro PT 145. Bought off a buddy of mine. Was so good I bought another Taurus OSS 9mm. Then I got a Bersa Thunder 22 for my wife to learn on. My latest was a Taurus 327 fed magnum revolver snubbie.
  24. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Mossberg 500 Tactical 12ga. Easy to maneuver around corners in your home, and I believe, one of the best home defense weapons out there.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just bought some BCAA's...
    By soseg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM
  2. Never bought from nutraplanet
    By iknowwhoyouar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 07:05 AM
  3. Anyone used/bought E-MAX yet?
    By The Flash in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
  4. My dad bought a used car
    By DazzlinJack in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Log in
Log in