Danzig knocked down?

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is a few days old, don't know if any of you guys have seen it yet though. The story/video is on several sites, but the sites are slammed! I'll just paste what I picked up from a local forum:

----- Original Message -----
To: andy thorprecords
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 9:26 AM
Subject: I beat up Glen Danzig last night!

Bad show with Danzig last night. I posted this on Blabbermouth.com before he tries to sue me for knocking him out. Read this and die with laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

North Side Kings were to play with Danzig last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his managment??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so North Side Kings and Rapid Fire would have to play "after" his set. Whatever- we agreeded to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

Needless to say, as soon as Danzig was finished, the venue turned on the lights and Danzigs crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backsatge while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his "rockstar" attitude and no consideration twords the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling "**** you motherfucker" trying to be a big toughguy in front of his fans. I -in self defence punched him in the face knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

It was unfortunate that this went the way it did -and I hoped Glen Danzig learned a valuable lession tonight - Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

I aploigize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds.....

Danny M
North Side Kings
here's a link to the video: http://s104357861.onlinehome.us/files/dannyglenn.mpeg

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh my, that's so sad...

I haven't seen Danzig since the time when I saw them in 7th grade...LOL...from what I remember though, he's a thick mofo...really short though...I gotta check out that video now...this is great... :rofl: :twisted:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Oh that is precious! After all these years and all that talk by Danzig about being a Sarate bad ass..just to get sucker punched. Nice.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hell, I wouldn't even call that a sucker punch - just a straight on blow.

Karma in Action.

A

Anxed

Awards
of course the rest isnt shown... from what I gather he got up and chased the fat fucker out... /dunno

S

size

Awards
  • Established
I think that is is a bit of an exaggerration to say "knocking him out ... He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back". He got punched by surprise and dropped to a knee, is that a big surprise?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh c'mon now....that wasn't a surprise man...after Glen pushed him he was facing directly at Danny and was actually ready to fight...look at his body language and how he's positioned....

I didn't see the rest so that's debatable, but from what I saw, Danny threw a fair shot after he was pushed and that's bullshit that the fans, etc say that he didn't have the right...please...I woulda knocked his head off too...

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah, you're right - the guy is definitely exaggerating - and he says he hit him in defense - LOL - danzig wasn't coming after the guy after he pushed him, it wasn't defense, he was just pissed off! The punch shouldn't have been a surprise though, if you shove a guy that hard saying "**** you, mutherfucker!", then you're provoking a fight, but maybe Danzig was blinded by his ego and thought this guy would back down, or that security would have stepped in.

I think that is is a bit of an exaggerration to say "knocking him out ... He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back". He got punched by surprise and dropped to a knee, is that a big surprise?

A

Anxed

Awards
I dunno, to me it looks more like the fat dude got a grazing blow to the cheek and his bodyweight knocked Glenn over from the momentum...

who knows... I still love his music... I dont care that he went down... hell, its happened to all of us... well... to me at least...

:saw:

S

size

Awards
  • Established
Oh c'mon now....that wasn't a surprise man...after Glen pushed him he was facing directly at Danny and was actually ready to fight...look at his body language and how he's positioned....
I was surprised and I knew what was going to happen. I was expecting a little more than that.

I dunno, to me it looks more like the fat dude got a grazing blow to the cheek and his bodyweight knocked Glenn over from the momentum...
I thought it was a little strange too.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
It also looks to me like the sheer momentum that big guy had would be enough to knock down Glen, considering the height/weight difference and Glenn not exactly being prepared for it. Even though it looks like he was starting to prepare (getting balanced and so forth), I don't think he was expecting a punch right away....guess he thought wrong, lol

Either way I don't see why either one resorted to fighting, but then again I rarely understand that anyway. I stopped listening to Danzig after Danzig III: How the Gods Kill, just seemed to going downhill......or I was changing tastes, who knows. Either way that had to be a huge ego blow to Danzig :hammer:

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know that satanic elvis looking midget was even still around.lol

J

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
That wasn't a sucker punch. Danzig was looking right at him after he pushed him. That was funny as hell. Just because a dude is a big fat donut eating slob doesn't mean he can't knock the **** out of you. I've been in the ring with dudes that run the spectrum from fat bastards to ripped up, you can't judge how the punch is going to feel just by somebodies physique.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
That wasn't a sucker punch. Danzig was looking right at him after he pushed him. That was funny as hell. Just because a dude is a big fat donut eating slob doesn't mean he can't knock the **** out of you. I've been in the ring with dudes that run the spectrum from fat bastards to ripped up, you can't judge how the punch is going to feel just by somebodies physique.
It looked like he got leveled to me too.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
[Chris Tucker voice]He got knocked the **** out!! :D [/Chris Tucker voice]

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ohhhh shieet...Danzig got clocked fair and square. And his **** definitely hit the ground. You only see him on a knee after about 5 seconds. He got jacked for being a Biaatch and that's what he deserved.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
yeah watching it again..... definitely not a sucker punch, and now I understand the audio I have no idea why Danzig shoved him, what a cock! He sure fell like a ton of bricks though, that is classic!!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Weave, check out Northsidekings.com..their site is down due to the traffic, but they have a link there that's called azpunk.com or something like that. Go there, scroll down and click on "read the thread"....LOL....those guys are funny as ****....it also links to Danzigs site through another link that is Blabbermouth.com......Danzig's saying that he had a knife, , sucker punched him ,etc.......

Man, if you can't even come to realize what an A-hole you really are and take an ass whipping like a man, then that speaks even worse for himself. :whip:

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Weave, check out Northsidekings.com..their site is down due to the traffic, but they have a link there that's called azpunk.com or something like that. Go there, scroll down and click on "read the thread"....LOL....those guys are funny as ****....it also links to Danzigs site through another link that is Blabbermouth.com......Danzig's saying that he had a knife, , sucker punched him ,etc.......

Man, if you can't even come to realize what an A-hole you really are and take an ass whipping like a man, then that speaks even worse for himself. :whip:
Ha, I was doing that just now, hilarious :icon_lol:

Glen needed a good humbling, and he got it :whip:

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
On one forum there was a hardcore Danzig fan in all seriousness saying that he dodged the punch, then slipped on a beer bottle! I loved the Misfits and Samhain in the 80's - classic ****, but Glenn Danzig has always had an attitude/ego/napoleon-complex problem.

A couple years ago I saw Jerry Only, Dez Cadena (Black Flag), and Marky Ramone together (as the Misfits) - they did covers of all three bands and kicked ass. Halfway through the set, Jerry tore down the security barrier so that the fans could get closer. After the show he was walking around talking to everyone - super cool guy.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
On one forum there was a hardcore Danzig fan in all seriousness saying that he dodged the punch, then slipped on a beer bottle! I loved the Misfits and Samhain in the 80's - classic ****, but Glenn Danzig has always had an attitude/ego/napoleon-complex problem.

A couple years ago I saw Jerry Only, Dez Cadena (Black Flag), and Marky Ramone together (as the Misfits) - they did covers of all three bands and kicked ass. Halfway through the set, Jerry tore down the security barrier so that the fans could get closer. After the show he was walking around talking to everyone - super cool guy.
Yeah, I can't really get into all that punk rock man. Like the Ramones and stuff...I could listen to the Misfits a *tiny* bit when Glen was w/ 'em, but for some reason I just can't let them grow on me.

I remember when I was in 6th ot 7th grade, I went to Danzig concert here at the Community college that I used to go to.....that show was nuts...hehe..

Danzig II: Lucifuge was probably my favorite....then like weave said, they seemed to just fall of the cliff. I still got an old ass Danzig T-shirt too... :trout: :icon_lol:

S

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Saw that yesterday.....funny as hell! I've seen many an interview where he talks alot of crap, like a real bad ass...claims to be an evil dude and devil worshiper "some claim'.....well, not even el diablo could help him when he got slammed to the ground! :rofl: He really thought the other guy was not going to do anything, because in his mind everyone fears him....think again....like Pete said "you just got knocked the f**k out!"