Lol M.e.p.s

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Well im going to go take this dam asvab test thursday,get to get free room and board wed night at a hotel!! hopefuly i score high enough to get a good job!!!!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
What kind of test is it? What's it for?

red_devil1469

Awards
If you are going Army anything over a 50 or so will get you whatever you want.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
A whats some good mos for the army?? would like one were u pt a lot!!!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Infantry. Definately not for the weak at heart.

AXE

Awards
Definately infantry, you can specialize from that point. Although if I was just going to be a grunt, I would go in the marines.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Infantry... but I am bias, did it for 5 years... and I would still do it again if I had to do all over..

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate this generalization, of the marines.

Definately infantry, you can specialize from that point. Although if I was just going to be a grunt, I would go in the marines.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dont sweat the ASVAB... its damn easy if you have at least a high school education.

I hate MEPS myself... They treat you like a bunch of fuckin cattle in that place. But afterward the Military is fucking great. And trust me with this... Where you get stationed, is what you make of it.

A1C Adams

Well im going to go take this dam asvab test thursday,get to get free room and board wed night at a hotel!! hopefuly i score high enough to get a good job!!!!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
MEPS wasn't that bad to me... now when we got to recieving at Benning that was when I started feeling like cattle..

fiddler

Awards
especially with the cattle trucks! memories...

love the hollywood jumps...how about you M.D.?

fiddler

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
MEPS wasn't that bad to me... now when we got to recieving at Benning that was when I started feeling like cattle..
i Swear!!

That Sucked all 10 Weeks of It!! (or was it 11?) Counting Basic and All.

majic

Awards
Is everyone that has been in the military been enlisted? Any officers on the board?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
It was 13 weeks for me basic and AIT, I didn't get the assignment for jump school. I was mech infantry most of my career. Then did a short extension to get back from GE, so got some time on the TOW Hummer.
Majic, there are a few officers running around, I will let them sound off. Just curious thinking about Academy, OCS or ROTC?

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
yeah um not Infantry so i was Just There for Basic.

majic

Awards
It was 13 weeks for me basic and AIT, I didn't get the assignment for jump school. I was mech infantry most of my career. Then did a short extension to get back from GE, so got some time on the TOW Hummer.
Majic, there are a few officers running around, I will let them sound off. Just curious thinking about Academy, OCS or ROTC?
I'm going to OCS here in about a year. I'm currently enrolled in the TDSP program with the Airforce. I'm studying electrical engineering, and I'm going to be a 62EXX in the AF. 4 year commitment, but my pops was an NCO for 20 years, and I liked the lifestyle

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Want to get in airborne and sniper school!! And then when i get to the rank E5 go for SF or ranger school! HOW LONG IS THE WAIT TO GET IN THESE SCHOOLS??????

majic

Awards
If you want to get E5, I think you'll be in for at least 8 years, if I remember correctly. I think my dad made E6 or E7 after 14 years? But he was in the Air Force, so perhaps Army promotion works a little bit differently.

red_devil1469

Awards
Infantry you can make e5 in around 3 years.They need SF people so bad right now they will consider you as a PFC if you are smart enough and can hump like a pack mule.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
RUKIN all Day Long!! in the SF. We have guys here in the Barracks that have gone to Selection Passed and are waiting on Orders.

AXE

Awards
The Air Force is the hardest one to attain enlisted rank in. It is based off of performance scores/evals, and a written test. If you aren't good at written test, you could be stuck at one rank for a while. The marines and Army don't do it that way. Rank is much more easily attained.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
also depends on the infantry MOS.. I was promotable almost the entire time I was in but the points would not drop below 890 I think was the lowest during the time I was in..
Army used, don't know if it still does, a point system
SQT (skill qualification test)
College courses
Correspondence classes
E5 Board or E6 Board
PT test scores
and I think any awards helped also

fiddler

Awards
toasty,

are you already in?

Otherwise, you can sign up for ranger, right off the bat. Basic, AIT, Airborne, RIP (Ranger indoctrination program). From a ranger bat you can sign up for ranger school easily enough. You will be promoted fast and if you do well, you can sign up for SF. good luck bro.

welcome to the 11Bulletstoppers!

Rangers lead the way!

fiddler

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
LOL.. I had some fun with some of the guys at the 2/75th when they were stationed at Lewis.. our barracks and theirs were across the parking lot from each other.. nothing like watching some of them getting drunk and doing PLF's off the 3 floor... I also loved being able to head out to the range with them, some of them had some damn nice civilian weapons All in all Rangers are some great hardcharging guys...

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
toasty,

are you already in?

Otherwise, you can sign up for ranger, right off the bat. Basic, AIT, Airborne, RIP (Ranger indoctrination program). From a ranger bat you can sign up for ranger school easily enough. You will be promoted fast and if you do well, you can sign up for SF. good luck bro.

welcome to the 11Bulletstoppers!

Rangers lead the way!

fiddler
Nope but monday i leave to go to a hotel and bright and early tue go from the hotel to meps!!! Will look in to that,I swear recuiters try to bs you so much it not funny!!!

red_devil1469

Awards
Hehe points were 450 for e5 and 550 for e6 when i was in.

fiddler

Awards
LOL.. I had some fun with some of the guys at the 2/75th when they were stationed at Lewis.. our barracks and theirs were across the parking lot from each other.. nothing like watching some of them getting drunk and doing PLF's off the 3 floor... I also loved being able to head out to the range with them, some of them had some damn nice civilian weapons All in all Rangers are some great hardcharging guys...
I met some of those guys from the 2nd Bat. bunch of great guys, although i never got out to Lewis.

We, the 1st Bat would never, ever do anything like that! :D. Why would anyone get want to jump off a perfectly good building? That would be like jumping off a perfectly good plane!

fiddler

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Well got back late last night and that **** sucked.Wake up call at 4:00am and got to meps about 5:30AM got done with physical at 9:00,nothing like getting our balls grab by some old man "LOL" pass the physical then they tell me i can't swear in or get a mos because my recuiter didn't have the right paper work for my DUI.SO now i got to wait like 1week so they can get all the stuff signed by there NCO and all that good ****!!. The worst part about it was i had to wait till 6:00PM for the dam people that take u home to get there and drive 3 hours to get home!!so about 9:15pm i got home and was pissed because i got to go back and get a mos and swear in and wait all dam day to go home again!!!

fiddler

Awards
Well got back late last night and that **** sucked.Wake up call at 4:00am and got to meps about 5:30AM got done with physical at 9:00,nothing like getting our balls grab by some old man "LOL" pass the physical then they tell me i can't swear in or get a mos because my recuiter didn't have the right paper work for my DUI.SO now i got to wait like 1week so they can get all the stuff signed by there NCO and all that good ****!!. The worst part about it was i had to wait till 6:00PM for the dam people that take u home to get there and drive 3 hours to get home!!so about 9:15pm i got home and was pissed because i got to go back and get a mos and swear in and wait all dam day to go home again!!!
toasty,

I thing i forgot to mention about the Army beauracracy, which i think you just got a taste of, can be summed up to "hurry up and wait". get used to it!

nothing like standing in line behind a c141 breathing in jet exhaust for an hour...really fun...:D

fiddler

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah that the way it looks bro,hope bootcamp is better just standing around gets old real fast!!!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
you won't be standing around in basic much.. you will be pushing alittle bit of Benning around more than a few times I have a feeling.. unless they have gotten soft there now..

fiddler

Awards
don't worry about basic. you won't be bored. really tired and hungry but not bored. the drill sgt.s there are really enthusiastic about their jobs so no worry there.

fiddler