1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.84%
    Achievements Posting Pro

netflix on your tv

im not to big on technology anymore but i got netflix and see on the commercials u could download them on ur tv. but how? i heard u can use blue ray players, wii, tivo, whats the cheapest route and how are u supposed to connect it?
    if blow was characterized as a guy, consider me a homosexual :)

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.18%

Basically once you get a Netflix account, if its the subscription with one movie out at a time then you have up to 6 devices you can have a netflix account on (xbox, wii, computer etc.) which is all free, you just set it up on your computer and it will give you a code to type in to your device.

Although I will tell you its much better to get the subscription with 2 movies out at a time because as of now the selection on netflix to stream is kinda bare but thats just in my opinion. You might like the older movies.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.41%

Quote Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
    im not to big on technology anymore but i got netflix and see on the commercials u could download them on ur tv. but how? i heard u can use blue ray players, wii, tivo, whats the cheapest route and how are u supposed to connect it?
    My wife and I watched the entire 6 seasons of Lost over a couple weeks streamed to our TV. We have a PS3 connected wirelessly to the internet. It works the same way as watching Netflix on your computer, but higher quality IMO.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
    There are a ton of devices you can use. Wii, PS3, internet connected tvs, Boxee box. Here are a few choices

All of them connect through either a wireless or wired(RJ45 cable) right from your router. I'd recommend using the wired connection for any type of streaming and if your gonna be streaming or transferring video files from your pcs to view on your tv definitely have a gigabit router or gigabit switch.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Generally the cheapest would be a bluray, you can sometimes find refurb netflix capable ones for under $70
  6. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Some of the new TV sets already include Netflix access, basically you need internet access to which ever device you use.
    I currently use a blueray device instead of the game consoles since I dont want to run some many hours on them.
    Selection is not the best but they keep making new additions all the time, but for kids movies there are tons of them, my kids will not be bored watching netflix anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Don't forget about other services also like Amazon on demand and Hulu Plus. There are a few others too I can't recall the names right now though.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Blockbuster and Vudu are 2 of the other popular ones

Similar Forum Threads

1. Netflix Instant Movies
    By zodiiac523 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
  2. Anyone else loving netflix?
    By WhatsaRoid? in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 11:12 AM
  3. Blockbuster Vs. Netflix
    By motiv8er in forum General Chat