How long does it take for a facial injury to heal?

B

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
Just curious if anyone knows how long that pinkish skin that is revealed after a scab falls off takes to heal or blend back in with your normal skin tone. I was playing hoops a little over 5 weeks ago and my buddy cought me right in the grill with his thumb nail. Caused and abrasion above my lip, now that the scab is gone i have that pinkish skin that is supremely noticable and obviously taking a long time to heal. Any ideas or remedies? I treated the cut originaly with bacitracin and now I apply vitamin E oil to it before bed but not sure if that's really doing anything.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Give it at least a few more weeks. Back in July I fell off my BMX bike face first and had a nice flap of skin hanging off my upper lip just below my nose. Had a plastic surgeon stitch it up. There was lots of scar tissue and discoloration after the stitches and scab were gone. Within a couple months it was a thousand times better. Now 7 months later it isn't noticeable unless pointed out. Just give it time and put sunblock on it if you go in the sun. UV rays can permanently discolor it.

B

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
Chops thanks for the comeback. It sounds like you were pretty lucky, Iv'e read that stiches or scarring in that area can stick around for quite a while if not permanent. I feel it's getting better and sloooooooooowly changing color back to normal. Thanks again.

S

snuggy

Awards
Healing solely depends upon the type of injury, treatment taken and the immune system to let the medicine heal the injury. Follow the medical procedures and give the injury some time to heal.

B

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Snuggy, I would say that it is completely healed, at this point it's purely cosmetic. I just have the pinkish skin left behind from the where the scab fell off. So righ now i just want the skin to blend back to normal. I bought cocoa butter the other day to apply to it twice daily. I have read mixed reviews that it contains some minerals and properties that reduce redness especially in stretch marks. I dont know if it's really accurate or not but anything is worth a shot.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I had a busted nose back in July and also a cut under my eye..( bad, restraint at work)...and after it healed I had the same light pink mark your referring to, I used coca butter and have been, only to me can I notice it but no one else can....Hope this helps

TC

B

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I had a busted nose back in July and also a cut under my eye..( bad, restraint at work)...and after it healed I had the same light pink mark your referring to, I used coca butter and have been, only to me can I notice it but no one else can....Hope this helps

TC
Thanks Toughchick, How long did it take before you started to notice it dimminish? I know it will probably always be noticable to me but I know as of right now it's still readily noticable at normal conversation distance. Thanks again.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be sure to use sun screen while out in the elements. The new skin will be easily affected and potentially change the color, not to match the surrounding areas.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Honestly can't remember I think I just stopped noticing that spot, when I lean in close I can still see the area, but so diminished now....good call on sunscreen....:)

TC

N

n87

Awards
  • Established
The less you pay attention to it, the quicker it'll go away.
Scars make one look BA...:)

C

CRej

Awards
Did you ever heal? What did you end up doing to heal it?