Is this Prostate Problem ?

Ellen Lathi

Awards
Hello Friends,

One of my friend facing more Pain in the lower abdomen and perineum, He is confuse that whether that is for problem on Prostate gland or any other. :ugh2:

But I know that such complaints are so common among older men and older people that's why I am not sure that is this for Prostate problem.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hello Friends,

One of my friend facing more Pain in the lower abdomen and perineum, He is confuse that whether that is for problem on Prostate gland or any other. :ugh2:

But I know that such complaints are so common among older men and older people that's why I am not sure that is this for Prostate problem.
could be anything from a Hernia to a pulled groin muscle to a prostate problem.

Basically doctor time, If hes old enough hes going to hear the glove snap eventually one way or the other. might as well get it over with.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea def see a doct quick its better to have it checked and rule out alot of stuff or catch the issue early

typeOnegative

typeOnegative

Awards
If your friend hasn't seen the doc already, have him do a self-palpitation of the area: if there is an abnormal bump that is almost squishy that may be no more the size of the tip of your your pinky finger --- good chance of the possibility of an inguinal or sports hernia (personal experience with the inguinal variety when the intestine goes beyond its normal bounds)... Still the best way is to see the doc asap, better to be safe than sorry--- especially when your prostate (and its potential problems) or hernias (and the possibily of strangulation of blood vessels which can lead to death in the most extreme cases to name one of many problems)...

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
sounds like a hernia to me but definately have it checked out..i got a hernia years ago and let it go for about a year.it was a small hernia but it was pinching on my lower bowels which caused several other issues..after letting it go for over a year i ended up having 3 surgeries..mesh to flatten out hernia..appendix out..and dialater in my throat because gastro reflux was so bad it ate some of my throat lining...not to forget i also developed a hydrocel on my right testical which is still there(i wont have that surgery) all because i put things off and kept lifting and working out with damage already present

Ellen Lathi

Awards
Hello friends,

thank you for your helpful suggestions. I have check as you said and taking medicines for that.

Regards,
- Ellen.

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
Hello friends,

thank you for your helpful suggestions. I have check as you said and taking medicines for that.

Regards,
- Ellen.
what was the final outcome or what did they diagnose you with

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Anyone notice in the first post, it was his "friend" with the problem. In his last, he said " I am being treated" ?