Vibram 5 Fingers, anyone?

ephedroman

Awards
I know theres an old thread talking about these but I wanna update to see if anyone wears these, whether it be the the gym, in public etc.

My girl got me some for valentines day and I wore them to the gym tonight and did a chest workout along with about 10 minutes of cardio (didnt know how they were gonna wear) and I loved them when lifting. I felt as if I was wearing nothing. The stability is nice aswell being as they are trying for natural "barefoot"

The cardio on the other hand will take some getting used to as my second and third two are slighly webbed. They say walking and running will take a while before you get comfortable in them and I now notice that.

Overall they are great shoes guys. They might take the place of my Reebok Zig Techs haha.

So getting down to the point, Anyone wear them?

ephedroman

Awards
Yeah, as I said they take ALOT of getting used to haha but when you get passed that they're comfortable.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. Def want to get a pair in the near future.Heard great things about them

ephedroman

Awards
Well if your on the fence about getting a pair trust me they're worth it in comfort bro.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wondered how these things were. Honestly, they just looked goofy to me, but that just personal opinion. I'm not much for being barefoot, and I have NO arch in my feet, so these would never work. My wife, however, is a far of those little toe socks and I think she might enjoy 'em! :)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
trying to get some money together to buy a pair. right now i just lift in socks and its great.

franklin

Awards
I wear mine on squat/deadlift days. Yes they look goofy, but OTFW. They are flat and comfortable. Bring on the hate.
-f

Attachments

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
update: might not want to buy from the website that I posted above, until I've received my order and reported back. They are located somewhere besides America, and are a bit disorganized. Looks like I'm guinea-pigging this one.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
trying to get some money together to buy a pair. right now i just lift in socks and its great.
I used to do the same, kick off my shoes before lifts like deads, squats.

I bought my five fingers after I got a $50 groupon deal. Then when the only pair the store had of the KSO's in my size had obviously been taken outside for a test wear I got them to another 10 bucks off. They were in new shape still, but the stores policy is no outside trial wear and no returns on five fingers (so I knew they were new). In the end I got them for $55 bucks.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Born to Run is a great book if anyone is interested in reading about barefoot/minimalist running.

noakail

Awards
I love my pair. However don’t attempt to run in them. You have to break it in. I ran two miles in them and was out of commission for a week due to shin pains and calves burning. But I still love them.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Update on that website that I posted above: Don't order from them. They are based in china and likely selling rip-offs. I'm sorry if anyone else has already ordered. I would have known sooner, but they're impossible to deal with and have JUST sent out my shoes, a week after receiving my order. *sigh*

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update on that website that I posted above: Don't order from them. They are based in china and likely selling rip-offs. I'm sorry if anyone else has already ordered. I would have known sooner, but they're impossible to deal with and have JUST sent out my shoes, a week after receiving my order. *sigh*
Who knows man, good luck. Seems like they have five finger models that aren't even on Vibrams website.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They're only a fad because they work exceptionally well. I don't wear them, but completely understand those that do.

franklin

Awards
I've always loved my chucks for deads, but a week into having the fivefingers and I doubt that i'll go back. sorry chucks.
Bound- I honestly think I'd rather do squats/deads barefoot. I also won't be wearing the chuck's for dead's/squats anymore. I think you are missing the point though, we shouldn't wear things that work well for us, we should wear things that look cool. Looks > function. I'm going to go buy some new Nike's right now!!!

FWIW I also use a bosu ball occasionally and if the shake weight worked I would use it as well.

Keep the hate coming gents.

-f

FAMOUSX1

Awards
Anyone use the vibrant treks for hiking? I can't really see going offroad with those.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Anyone use the vibrant treks for hiking? I can't really see going offroad with those.
I got a pair of the treks, and can't see them being hardy enough as far as toe protection for me to feel comfortable.

heath765

Awards
I was thinking of getting a pair of these to run in, i'd feel kinda weird working out in them though.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Got in what did turn out to be knock off Speeds, not bad quality, though not up to Vibram's standards. They run a little small, but fit great. They have more lateral stability than the Treks I have. I like em.

Attachments