Any Cops that can offer advice on crackhead neighbors..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Long story but I will try and keep it short. I bought a house 2 years ago not really knowing what I was getting into as far as knowing what kind of people my neighbors were. Well at first it wasn't horrible then I discovered they where crackheads and they were selling crack out of that house - I informed the proper authorities after calling and calling and eventually SWAT came and took them all away (after making some buys from the house) - This was last October. The house remained vacant for the winter but now some new crackheads live there. The house to me seems like a HUD house of some sort and the landlord is getting a nice little check from the state/government for these people to live there. The people obvioulsy don't have jobs as they sit on there front steps ALL DAY LONG. I see them everyday sitting on the steps wether I go home for lunch or come home early to get ready to go to the gym or when i get home from the gym, same people + others some time sitting on the front steps of their house. One dude is selling the crack/pot as he has offered it to me twice while I was mowing the lawn + my house and theirs is seperated by a driveway and I see them all the time doing deals inbetween the houses (a lot of the same clientel that I saw before as well). I have called the original detective and informed her about the situation but she isn't taking this one very seriously for some reason - mainly becasue it is women who live in the house and the dudes that are selling dont actually live there. I can't really call the police on them myself as I found that out the other day when the dude was smacking his women around and someone really did call the police (not me) but when the cops left they blamed it on me and I almost got in a fight with them, I confronted them when they started yelling "that the cops cannot protect me etc. etc" - but they are little and weak + cracked out and not very intelligent. I am calling my neighborhood watch (just did but his voicemail is full) but other than that I am lost on what to do and how do I get these people out of there ?? any insight from anybody - stuff that can actually help, legally :) I am at my wits end and honestly get very angry when i go home as I know what I am going to see - I go to wok everyday so my check gets taxed to support people like this as they bring down the property value of my house

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Arson :twisted: J/k
:twisted: the little guy on my shoulder keeps telling me that - so does everyone else - yet no one offers their services, hehe

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is NOT the answer that you want, but here it is:
Pray for them. It may not change them, but may help you deal with them.
Also trust that change happens in God's time and not ours.

Keep doing your footwork of calling authorities and the landlord. Find out what government agency is involved, as typically felons can't live in government housing.

If there are children, call child protective services. You might change a child's life that will probably be crap without your intervention.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, but personally I'd rather go out and do something than pray for something else to do it for me... If the original detective won't take you seriously, I suggest talking to someone else (possibly higher up on the food chain).

ManBeast

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, the problem is not these people's actions, but PFunk47's reaction to them.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Well, the problem is not these people's actions, but PFunk47's reaction to them.
I don't see how the problem is with me. I am a law abiding citizen who goes to work everyday and am helping the economy by improving my house, trying to make the neighborhood a safer place by getting crack dealers and heads out of it. As some people take comfort in praying for things to happen, wether it brings peace to themselves or not I am a realist and I choose to make things happen as nobody else is going to do it for you. I think many people would feel the same exact frustration when you see your tax dollars being spent to support drug addicts that have no deisre to become anything better in life and the fact that they are so obvious and the police station is litterly less than a mile away makes the frustration worse.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think many people would feel the same exact frustration when you see your tax dollars being spent to support drug addicts that have no deisre to become anything better in life...
What about the addicts who have a desire to become better but the disease of addiction prevents them from doing so?

My point was that someone else's use doesn't make you unhappy. Your mental and emotional reaction to those users make you unhappy.

I also offered real-world suggestions... did you miss them?
I hope you get them outta there. It's miserable, I know.

latman

Awards
Hey bro, call the station and ask them who is in charge of the narcotics unit , and ask to speak with them. They deal with narcotics alone. The det. you have been speaking to might not even care about the drugs she is probly a homocide det. And keep calling . And keep calling And keep calling ect.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
personally, i don't see a problem with people selling recreational drugs legal or not. But, i would be against selling it from a house in a family oriented neighborhood. they should take their business somewhere else where kids are not exposed to it much like the zoning codes for liquor stores and strip clubs.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
What about the addicts who have a desire to become better but the disease of addiction prevents them from doing so?

My point was that someone else's use doesn't make you unhappy. Your mental and emotional reaction to those users make you unhappy.

I also offered real-world suggestions... did you miss them?
I hope you get them outta there. It's miserable, I know.
What are you talking about? So if someone sticks a gun in your face it's not them that's making you unhappy is your reaction to a person sticking a gun in your face?The problem is they are bringing down the property value. Also I don't know if PFunk has kids or not. Most people want kids one day and I sure as hell wouldn't want my kids to be around people like that. Crack heads are pretty unpredictable so I would be worried about them breaking in to my house or car.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
There was a story on the news that was pretty much the same. The guys neighbors were crackheads, his house was constantly being broken into, and the police wouldn't do anything about it. They tried to break into his house and he had a gun. He chased them out and fired at their car when they were trying to get away. He hit them but they didn't get killed. Now he's being charged. It's ridiculous.
I had something happen and it was a similar situation in the sense that the police didn't want to do anything about or were simply lazy. My advise is to keep talking to different people in the police department. Go over the detectives head or talk to someone else. Hopefully eventually you'll get someone who will help you. It's really frustrating I know.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any friends that are police officers?

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
No kids here :) thankfully - I have ADT and insurance so I am not so worried about them breaking in- If they break into the car the AK-47 will great them on the way out. I am concerened for my saftey but I mind my business and am not too worried about them doing anything to me. like VG said, they are bringing down the property value and making the neighborhood unsafe as well as undesirable to live in. Everyone has a choice in life - they choose to do crack and sell it - they weren't born addicted to crack they had a choice not to do it.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
this "the cops won't do anything about it" crap is getting old

we have this little thing called the constitution, etc. just because they know people are crackheads, doesn't mean they can violate the 4th amendment etc. and just walk into the house and start arresting people

just because the cops are not, iyo, doing enough, does not mean they are not doing their job, or don't care.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
Tell the cops they are dealing steroids to atheletes that should bring the heat on em.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Everyone has a choice in life - they choose to do crack and sell it - they weren't born addicted to crack they had a choice not to do it.
Which is why this "it's a disease" thing has gotten really old.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tell the cops they are dealing steroids to atheletes that should bring the heat on em.
Say they have some ephedra and everyone's going down at that house.

I'm just talking about dealing with it in the interim while you're trying to get action taken. Not that you should bend over and take it. I agree with talking to cops, neighborhood watch groups, hell, you might even be able to send them an anonymous letter that appears to be from an attorney telling them they're being watched and will be charged with (something you can find or make up) multiple charges. Crackheads and dealers are EXTREMELY paranoid (and YES, unpredictable) and might just stop, move, or at least slow down for a while until you get more action taken.

Or call the cops and say they're running a meth lab. Meth is a big deal now. I'm a drug counselor, and we had a teenager who was growing pot in his house. His mother's boyfriend got mad and called the cops, saying there was a body in the house. Cops came, no body, but people got charged with cultivation. Something like this might work.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Which is why this "it's a disease" thing has gotten really old.
You must be smarter than all doctors and psychologists who decided it to be a disease. I understand. LOL! Yeah, right.
It's a fact, not a "thing". The first use is not the disease, it's the odd reaction that a person has to where they overlook the negative effects in order to continue the use. It's not normal.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
You must be smarter than all doctors and psychologists who decided it to be a disease. I understand. LOL! Yeah, right.
It's a fact, not a "thing".
Call it a disease all you want. I think it's bullshit. Is there such a thing as smoker's disease too? The fact is people use it at an excuse and that's what bothers me about it.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What are you talking about? So if someone sticks a gun in your face it's not them that's making you unhappy is your reaction to a person sticking a gun in your face?
Um, physical harm is NOT imminent in the current situation, as in your example. But you have a point. In that example, you're 100% right. But you can still control your reaction to it after the moment, and do the right thing, dealing with it in an emotionally sound way, or being distraught by it. The first way would product better results for the long term.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there such a thing as smoker's disease too?
Sure. It's called addiction. :D
But I agree it's no excuse. It never is. I didn't mean it to be a cop-out by any means. Responsibility must be taken, regardless of illness.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Sure. It's called addiction. :D
But I agree it's no excuse. It never is. I didn't mean it to be a cop-out by any means. Responsibility must be taken, regardless of illness.
Exactly, it's a chemical addiction that can be broken by discontinuing consumption of the substance. Too bad it doesn't work that way with diseases.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, the use is not the root cause of the disease. You're talking about chemical dependency. I'm talking about addiction. Big difference.
The disease is a set of odd thought patterns that permit one to make excuses to use despite negative consequences.
That's why methadone is a joke and detox is not a problem because addicts retox right afterward. It takes more than not using. It's learning to face life without using that helps in the long term.

And btw... your definition of disease is askew.
It's closer to this, although my terms are slightly off:
"A morbid process with a consistent train of symptoms and a defined progression."
My terms are slightly off, as details aren't what's important with this.

But back to the cracka-lacka heads. Take action. HELL YES TAKE ACTION.
But keep your sanity is my point.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Dude **** the cops they never come when u need them! Call the mayor fill a report about the police not doing ****, and watch the cops be there in no time???Get a hold of other's in the neighborhood (spell) that are tried of this **** and keep on the mayor!! If that dont work then feel free to use froce with them by mean of (showing them the ak ) go for the legs! because after the reports u made to the mayor and cops there is no way in court u will get sent to jail if u felt there go to hurt u and u had to protect our self. Even looks better if there on your land!!!!!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
**** people that are crackheads. I had a freind that was a heroin addict and it pisses me off when he tires to blame **** he did in the past on the drugs. Everybody know what will happen when you take crack or heroin. The only problem I see with crack and heroin is that it doesn't kill people fast enough and leaves lifeless zombies walking around. I hope one of them swings at you so you can legally beat the **** out of them.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Too bad Npursuit beat me to it....

Addiction IMO is not a disease. Chemical dependancy is not a disease. That's just a bullshit excuse that they use to brainwash addicts when going to NA/AA meetings. I used to hate going to those damn things when I was younger.

FACT IS, that it's up to the person. Whether that be to start up or quit, slow down, etc. How do you expect to get help if you don't want it? I know I sure as hell didn't want help when I first started getting into the game. And I bullshitted everyone of those counselors, members, etc. Lied up and down to those guys, because that's the only way to get sane. When you have all these damn "experts" telling you that you'll have this "disease" for the rest of your life, how the hell are you suppossed to try and forget about it when you got them shoving that down your throat?

I was into it HEAVY. I ain't talkin' no after school special.....I had some serious issues. Now were those issues uncontrollable? No. Did I let it run my life? For the most part yes. Did I ever say "It's not my fault and I don't have a chance cuz I have an addiction :sad:"? HELL NO!!

What I'm getting at is the same thing that was said above, and since I have experienced this A LOT during my life including these so-called "treatments" I HAVE to speak up and I need to vent mostly. The overall brainwashing going on with treatments needs to stop. As IMHO, it will only make things worse....

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
would you have the same problem with these "crackheads" if they were "juiceheads" selling "roids to other roidhead neighbors"?

what is it that you have against these people in the first place? why are you so ready to get these guys thrown in jail? dont you think THATS wrong?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
And btw... your definition of disease is askew.
It's closer to this, although my terms are slightly off:
"A morbid process with a consistent train of symptoms and a defined progression."
My terms are slightly off, as details aren't what's important with this.
According to the definition of disease it does include a mental condition. I do not agree with it though. These people chose their path. People with for example alzheimer's did not choose their path and can not simply stop the chemical consumption to rid the problem. I find it unfortunate that we live in a world that just about everything can be classified as a "disease" a.k.a not your fault. Like Jergo stated, it is a step in the wrong direction and teaching people to believe they are not responsible for their own actions.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
"would you have the same problem with these "crackheads" if they were "juiceheads" selling "roids to other roidhead neighbors"

what a dumb comment

the amount of violence, destroyed lives, and birth defects associated with crack is hyooge. to try to make a moral equivalence between crackheads and juiceheads is ridiculous

legal issues aside, NOBODY claims that steroids are anywhere near the problem that crack is.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
" to try to make a moral equivalence between crackheads and juiceheads is ridiculous
So, what is the moral equivalence to roids? cigs, alcohol, weed, coke, meth, crack? so when YOU decide what drugs is the "moral" equivalence to roids, it's ok? isn't that kind of selfish and self-centered? the avg joe thinks of roids negatively just as they do recreational drugs, and they choose for them all to be made illegal. i don't want the avg joe to decide for me what is moral or legal. as an adult i want the liberties to decide for myself by making everything legal. :drunk:

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
"would you have the same problem with these "crackheads" if they were "juiceheads" selling "roids to other roidhead neighbors"

what a dumb comment

the amount of violence, destroyed lives, and birth defects associated with crack is hyooge. to try to make a moral equivalence between crackheads and juiceheads is ridiculous

legal issues aside, NOBODY claims that steroids are anywhere near the problem that crack is.
in his post, he kept putting labels on these people. just as people put labels on steroid users. then you both made sweeping generalizations about "crackheads". it just seemed to me like you guys were making sweeping generalizations about a group of people, in this case crackheads, just as mainstream society makes sweeping generalizations about "juiceheads"

you'd be surprised how many affluent people in our society are drug users.

i don't understand how you can say that crack, in and of itself, is amoral. IMO, the moral issues that arise from crack/drug abuse are limited to amoral people to begin with.

do you think alcohol is amoral? would you agree with this statement?:

the amount of violence, destroyed lives, and birth defects associated with alcohol is hyooge.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
So, what is the moral equivalence to roids? cigs, alcohol, weed, coke, meth, crack? so when YOU decide what drugs is the "moral" equivalence to roids, it's ok? isn't that kind of selfish and self-centered? the avg joe thinks of roids negatively just as they do recreational drugs, and they choose for them all to be made illegal. i don't want the avg joe to decide for me what is moral or legal. as an adult i want the liberties to decide for myself by making everything legal. :drunk:

completely agree :drunk:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Abuse of any substance is the amoral thing.. I don't care if it legal or illegal but that is not what the whole problem..
Pfunk is asking for help with dealing with neighbors that are not the best of neighbors.. it wouldn't matter if they were dealing crack, boot legging liquor, just being a big pain in the ass. We all should be able to empathize with him because we might have been there.. and I know I can because I am a dad and I don't think I would want my kids growing up around people like this.. So suggestion for this would be appreciated.. as for the rest of the guys that are just hear for the morality lesson.. let's just let that go for now.
Lancelot, what jjjd was trying to get across was that comparing crack and AAS is one thing that really doesn't have any merit.. I don't think I know of any redeemable properties of crack cocaine... and the same can not be said about AAS but the same argument can be used for alcohol and cigarettes..

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Dude **** the cops they never come when u need them! Call the mayor fill a report about the police not doing ****, and watch the cops be there in no time???Get a hold of other's in the neighborhood (spell) that are tried of this **** and keep on the mayor!! If that dont work then feel free to use froce with them by mean of (showing them the ak ) go for the legs! because after the reports u made to the mayor and cops there is no way in court u will get sent to jail if u felt there go to hurt u and u had to protect our self. Even looks better if there on your land!!!!!
Please do not listen to this poor advice. Just "showing them the ak" will get you undesirable attention, possibly arrested, and put you, your family, and friends at further risk.

Oh yeah, "**** the cops"...that's real good advice also. I thought you had better judgement than that Toasty? Maybe your test levels are just elevated right now. :twisted: I'm sure the cops would be one of the first people you would call if you discovered your property you worked so hard for came up stolen, you or a loved one was a vicitm of a violent crime, you were involved in a traffic collision, etc... Maybe you had a bad experience, or the law enforcement agency where you live is subpar, but anarchy is not the solution here.

Pfunk...keep doing what you have been doing. Neighborhood Watch is a great tool to voice your concerns to law enforcement, with the backing of the other residents.

Contact CPS like N4cer suggested. Maybe someone in the house in on probation/parole with a search clause, or has an open CPS case? Keep a running log of vehicle license plates coming and going from the residence and provide it to Narcs. On the log keep times and how long these people stay. Showing frequent guests that stay for a short time. Some states have a law where if a place is being used to make, sell and/or consume controlled substances, then the house can be seized under asset forfeiture laws. Some states also have nuisance laws. These are difficult to prove, but are doable. Is their yard/house a mess, broken down cars on the property, hazards, noise complaints, recent arrests from people living there and/or visiting, etc.

If the house is a Section 8 housing, or whatever, they may be in violation of the rules and regs set forth, possibly earning them an eviction.

If you are not getting assistance from law enforcement, take it to their supervisor. If you can get other neighbors to complain with you, they may make a project out of the problem house. They key is keeping on it until you see results.

Hope this helps.

enzo

Awards
Not sure if you have an alderman? Also I would notify the mayors office. I would also write the sheriff of the county a letter explaining your situation. When writing the letter make sure to have names of the detectives you spoke to and question thier effectiveness as an institution. I live Illinois and if the local police don't want to get involved we have the FBI right next door. They wouldn't touch a case like this but letting the police dpt know you have been discussing the problem with the FBI might get them off thier ass. They hate feds getting involved. Or better yet, let the DEA know and mention you think you see duffel bags going in and out of the house on occasion. This will spark thier interest. I would also let the narcotics unit know I am in the process of contacting the newspaper, DEA, and FBI about thier inability to correct the situation despite evidence. Depending on how concerned you are about our families safety, you could also call the police every fucking time they are dealing drugs. But first I would go through the other options I have described. Not sure if this is your local police. Where I live we have local and county. The county doesn't **** around in my city but the local cops are lazy asses. The county does raids. Just make sure you are ready for retaliation. Make sure if they do come in your house you kill them otherwise they are going to end up owning your house. If you catch them coming in the window, drag them in the window then shoot them in thier fucking head. A dead person can't sue. I rather be judged by 12 then carried by two. Just my two cents.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Enzo makes some valid points. However, I know from experience that the FBI and DEA will not get involved in a local drug problem, unless they are part of a local task force. Letters can be sent, but get handed from person to person, desk to desk, until they are discarded. Meeting and complaining in person goes so much further. If you want to write letters, then what will get their attention are letter to the editor of your local newspaper that get published. The Police Chief, Mayor, City Council, etc. will then see these and will become a topic for discussion. Also, you can attend City Council meetings and be heard during the open forum they must allow for members of the public to be heard. Police Chief's are almost always present during these meetings.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
Make sure if they do come in your house you kill them otherwise they are going to end up owning your house. If you catch them coming in the window, drag them in the window then shoot them in thier fucking head. A dead person can't sue. I rather be judged by 12 then carried by two. Just my two cents.

:run:

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i have never seen so many strawmen responses to my posts.

i didn't say crack is "amoral" and i am well aware people can (in some cases) use it recreationally and have no problems

but lets be serious. different drugs have different dangers and levels of seriousness. for example, marijuana does not (practically never) make people violent, it does not even HAVE an LD50, and is in no way comparable to, for example, crack. it is also not physically addictive. ditto for steroids.

crack is a drug specifically designed to get cocaine into your system as fast as possible, without that pesky incendiary quality that freebase had. it is also significantly more habit forming/addictive than snorted cocaine

it is not as "evil" as, for example, crystal meth. but it sux.

here's what it comes down to. I have worked on an ambulance crew, and as a firefighter as well. i have dealt with a LOT of overdoses, druggies etc. i have seen heroin addicts literally come back from the dead with a shot of anti-narc which is kind of cool, actually. heroin is interesting in that people who GET their fix maintain pretty well, hold down jobs, and can be responsible members of society. but it is highly addictive and few who become addicted think back on the day they first tried and don't wish they couldn't have never started

nobody "OD's" from marijuana. ditto steroids. people go (on occasion) nuts from cocaine, especially crack. i have seen cocaine psychosis firsthand. several times. not to mention people on PCP. scary. and meth. don't even get me started. the environmental dangers from meth houses are bad enough, even with an APR, SCBA equipment, but these guys have attacked firefighters. i have seen this. firsthand.

i have seen beautiful young girls turn into skanky, toothless, sallowfaced whores after becoming addicted to crystal meth.

i also know TONS of people who do recreational drugs. most MJ users I know use it responsibly and don't regret trying it.

ditto for most users of powder cocaine i have met.

as for methheads and crackheads, most regret ever trying it.

there is simply NO equivalency. can you compare crack, crack dealers, and juice dealers. well yes? they are all engaging in illegal activity, so in that respect they are "comparable", but there is NO equivalence.

people do not go out and abandon their kids, cause massive birth defects, rob banks, etc. because they are juicing. they DO do this (quite frequently) if they become methheads or crackheads.

so spare me the stupid strawmen, and unless you have seen this stuff firsthand, as i have - working the street on an ambulance crew, and as a firefighter, spare me the crap.

and most cops (who have been getting slagged in this thread) know this shite as well.

working as a firefighter i knew a lot of cops. most did not think MJ, for example, was a "big deal". many even supported legalization. ditto for steroids. you are going to be hard pressed to find a cop, or anybody who has seen the effects of crack and crystal meth firsthand (like i did as a firefighter) who would ever compare MJ, or juice, to crack or meth

hope that helps

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
crack is a drug specifically designed to get cocaine into your system as fast as possible, without that pesky incendiary quality that freebase had. it is also significantly more habit forming/addictive than snorted cocaine

oh, is freebase evil too? which incendiary quality?

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
WHICH incendiary quality? are you kidding? ever heard of richard pryor? ask him if freebase is incendiary. ever heard of ether?

the reason crack was invented was to replace freebasing. freebase was the previously used smokable form of cocaine, however it is a volatile substance (since ether is necessary in the prep process) and has that pesky "catch your face on fire quality".

crack, while being vaporizable, unlike cocaine powder, is not incendiary.

hope that helps

and spare me the strawmen. AGAIN. i never said freebase was "evil". although pryor et al might disagree.

if you didn't know that freebase is flammable, maybe you should do some (lord forbid) RESEARCH before you spout

here, i'll help you out

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/coc05.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.