I Phone 4 Verizon

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DUDE bro...when is that coming out? I've got the Droid 2 right now. I'd love me some Iphone for Verizon, I get mad Verizon discounts!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
DUDE bro...when is that coming out? I've got the Droid 2 right now. I'd love me some Iphone for Verizon, I get mad Verizon discounts!
you can pre-order today, they will arrive in stores on Feb 10th... I'm sure millions will be buying this device... I'm sticking with AT&T due to my discount there so I'm hopping lots of ppl will jump ship to VZW :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a diehard sprint guy. Better plans IMO. Just got a blackberry style (which I like). Would love to see an iphone for sprint at some point

ChrisSurf

Awards
Looks like Verizons network can't handle multi tasking, least on at&t I can be on a call with a client or somebody, go the internet, look something up, download it or send it to them or tell them whatever... Verizons network you won't be able to do that, you'll have to hang up with them, do whatever it is, then call them back lol

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Looks like Verizons network can't handle multi tasking, least on at&t I can be on a call with a client or somebody, go the internet, look something up, download it or send it to them or tell them whatever... Verizons network you won't be able to do that, you'll have to hang up with them, do whatever it is, then call them back lol
Yep, what a BS.
Just another day I was on hold with my college and browsing college website on my android at the same time, by the time they got to me I already found all the info I needed. Verizon iphone can suck it!

BigSwole53

Awards
Wow honestly you want to down grade from a Droid to an Iphone? Droids are so much more free and customizable than the dumb, static, and restricted Iphone. The new HTC Thunderbolt and Moto Bionic is going to be so much better than the Iphone but pretty much any Android phone is.

BigSwole53

Awards
FYI you are wrong. Verizon can now do that thanks to Android and the best phone AT&T has right now is not the Iphone it would be the Samsung Captivate and when it comes out the Motorola Atrix will be the best.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Wow honestly you want to down grade from a Droid to an Iphone? Droids are so much more free and customizable than the dumb, static, and restricted Iphone. The new HTC Thunderbolt and Moto Bionic is going to be so much better than the Iphone but pretty much any Android phone is.

FYI you are wrong. Verizon can now do that thanks to Android and the best phone AT&T has right now is not the Iphone it would be the Samsung Captivate and when it comes out the Motorola Atrix will be the best.
wow, you're so wrong in so many ways that its not even funny... anyone who has 2 brain cells will tell you that iOS is far superior than any android OS

take security if that matters to you... iPhone far superior and secured
take battery life, if that matters to you... iPhone far superior, no background processing (yes, its by design)
take app store, if apps matter to you... app store far superior than market place

take away the iphone what you're left with is a ****ty device that kills your batter with jump apps running the back ground that you cant kill, or that little app that steal your information plus a far inferior quality of apps.

BTW, was just joking about the 2 brain cells :D

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
BTW, I know a little about mobile phones... been working with them for the past 6 years... I tried everything out there, sometimes I get phones 6 months before they're released on the market
You cant catch me with less than 4 phones :D

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, I know a little about mobile phones... been working with them for the past 6 years... I tried everything out there, sometimes I get phones 6 months before they're released on the market
You cant catch me with less than 4 phones :D
nice 4 phones.

yea I been planning to get it for a min to sell it of course since a new one will probably come out around the summer

ChrisSurf

Awards
Uhh than explain why my friends new droid, couldn't do that when we just went on a trip?? Verizon is cmda, cmda doesn't allow simultaneous use of voice and data.

I do a ton of stuff like that on the phone with clients and in general, if somebody doesn't care about that than the verizon iphone will be fine. I jailbroke my phone so it's beyond customized and setup, the only advantage Droid has over the iPhone is it comes with Google GPS which is a very nice mobile navigation system.

BigSwole53

Awards
Uhh than explain why my friends new droid, couldn't do that when we just went on a trip?? Verizon is cmda, cmda doesn't allow simultaneous use of voice and data.

I do a ton of stuff like that on the phone with clients and in general, if somebody doesn't care about that than the verizon iphone will be fine. I jailbroke my phone so it's beyond customized and setup, the only advantage Droid has over the iPhone is it comes with Google GPS which is a very nice mobile navigation system.
Correct cdma will not let you do it but 4G LTE will.

BigSwole53

Awards
wow, you're so wrong in so many ways that its not even funny... anyone who has 2 brain cells will tell you that iOS is far superior than any android OS

take battery life, if that matters to you... iPhone far superior, no background processing (yes, its by design)
take app store, if apps matter to you... app store far superior than market place

take away the iphone what you're left with is a ****ty device that kills your batter with jump apps running the back ground that you cant kill, or that little app that steal your information plus a far inferior quality of apps.

I know a little about phones myself so I am more thank equiped to go into this battle of phones with you.

As for security idk what you are talking about because if you are referring to the security on a iPhone being its static-ness and inablitily to be open like Android is then sure it is more "secure". The iPhone is dumby proof. You can not mess the iPhone up because the devs/Steve Jobs (the biggest dumbass in the world) thinks that you shouldn't be able to customize your iPhone to reflect user image.

Battery Life? My Droid 2 will run for 2 days straight with heavy use. Yes the iPhone might have better battery life but that is due to its inability to multitask like an Android device. I have my 2 gmail accounts and facebook syncing all day, I search the web constantly (sometimes loading 2 pages at once, try to do that with an iPhone), text all day and play games and my battery still lasts all of 2 days.
Also if an Android battery goes bad or you want to upgrade to a bigger one you can replace it but for the iPhone you have to take it to an Apple store to take the whole back off to get the battery out (there is no battery door).

As for your "App Store" it is the same old sucky apps that it has been. There are multiple apps in the App Store that don't work properly so Android will not accept them into their "ANDROID MARKET" not market place (that just sounds dumb). Android Market has many if not all of the same apps as the App Store and most of them are for free or cheaper than the App Store (like Angry Birds for example) because Google and Android are nice like that.

Another thing how many iOS phones are there? 1. Wow real nice design on that one too. I can't get over the solid color back with the Apple logo and glass front. Wow I am amazed how dull it is.
AOS phones? Uh around 20 to 30 I can think of off the top of my head. All ranging from different sizes, slate or slide out keyboard or even one that kinda looks like a Blackberry, and there are many different colors to a AOS phone and pretty much all of them do not have glass on their screen they have GORILLA GLASS (Look it up some pretty amazing ****).

If you would like to tell me what else is so "amazing" about your iPhone go ahead and I will give you reasons why it is not so amazing.

BigSwole53

Awards

Another thing it has over the iPhone is the speed of it. I also have mine Rooted and have a custom ROM on it so I know more about the Android phones than just the stock ****. Yes Google GPS is amazing. Now who made Google GPS? Google. Who made Android? Google. Wow 2 amazing things working together. Sounds like a winner to me already.

Also I am pretty sure most all of you iPhone fans use Google everyday. So thanks for contributing to the Google/Android fund :biggthumpup:

BigSwole53

Awards
I am getting an AT&T moto atrix in march!! :)
Good choice. If you get it alone it is $200 but if you get it with the laptop/dock it is $500. The laptop/dock is going to be $500 by itself so I would go with the bundle (the only thing bad about the laptop/dock is that they are still going to charge a $20 tethering charge to your account which sucks). The Atrix seems like its going to be amazing and I'm jealous that Verizon's version the Bionic isn't going to have the laptop option.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i heard the iphone 5 is soon to come out so if u have verizon, just stay with what u have instead and then switch at that time

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good choice. If you get it alone it is $200 but if you get it with the laptop/dock it is $500. The laptop/dock is going to be $500 by itself so I would go with the bundle (the only thing bad about the laptop/dock is that they are still going to charge a $20 tethering charge to your account which sucks). The Atrix seems like its going to be amazing and I'm jealous that Verizon's version the Bionic isn't going to have the laptop option.
I havnt decided if I am going with the laptop yet. I feel I will love it for awhile, and then after that it will just be a novelty I dont really use.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
nice 4 phones.

yea I been planning to get it for a min to sell it of course since a new one will probably come out around the summer
thats a good way to look at it, you can always sell your iphone for around the same price you got... if you think about it these phones don't lose value, with technology items that's unheard of, that speaks volumes for how good they are.... BigSwole53, tell me about a single android device that doesn't lose value after 90 days on the market, android phones are practically free.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats a good way to look at it, you can always sell your iphone for around the same price you got... if you think about it these phones don't lose value, with technology items that's unheard of, that speaks volumes for how good they are.... BigSwole53, tell me about a single android device that doesn't lose value after 90 days on the market, android phones are practically free.
Dont expect this for too long. Believe me I like the iPhone, but to think they are "holding value" due to how good they are is very wrong. They hold value because it is mostly customers who are not able to get the phone on their carrier and purchase jailbroken versions. AS the phone goes to more networks, this will cease.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dont expect this for too long. Believe me I like the iPhone, but to think they are "holding value" due to how good they are is very wrong. They hold value because it is mostly customers who are not able to get the phone on their carrier and purchase jailbroken versions. AS the phone goes to more networks, this will cease.
the reason they hold value are plenty I agree but the fact they do hold value, in tech items the way they depreciate so fast its unheard of.

but you have to admit that quality plays a big factor, my buddy just paid $300 for an old iPhone to ship it to India.... ppl buy these things like if price dont matter.

I have 10 android phones in my drawer.. they make a good cup holder but no one wants them.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the reason they hold value are plenty I agree but the fact they do hold value, in tech items the way they depreciate so fast its unheard of.

but you have to admit that quality plays a big factor, my buddy just paid $300 for an old iPhone to ship it to India.... ppl buy these things like if price dont matter.

I have 10 android phones in my drawer.. they make a good cup holder but no one wants them.
Fair enough. I actually was planning on getting the IP4 with this most recent upgrade, but honestly with the Atrix being introduced at the price it is, there is no way I can justify an Iphone over it. I am unfamiliar with android, and love the iOS on the Iphones, but I will get used to the system (which is actually more of an open enviornment) in order to have the specs of the Atrix.

I run my phones to the ground though, so maybe thats why resale doesnt appeal to me. :lmao:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. I actually was planning on getting the IP4 with this most recent upgrade, but honestly with the Atrix being introduced at the price it is, there is no way I can justify an Iphone over it. I am unfamiliar with android, and love the iOS on the Iphones, but I will get used to the system (which is actually more of an open enviornment) in order to have the specs of the Atrix.

I run my phones to the ground though, so maybe thats why resale doesnt appeal to me. :lmao:
you will find that you'll miss your iPhone a lot, I dont mean just the phone, any phone can make calls, right? but the ecosystem that Apple built around this device makes it far and beyond than just a phone and no android device will come close to it.

sure you'll learn to live with it but the experience will not be the same

BTW, be prepared to carry multiple battery chargers around with you, you will need them... 1 for work, 1 in the car, 1 at home, and where ever you spend your time

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, be prepared to carry multiple battery chargers around with you, you will need them... 1 for work, 1 in the car, 1 at home, and where ever you spend your time
I do this with my iphone already. :lmao:

But I know I will miss the iOS. The reason I have not gone to any droid so far was due to that love for the iOS.

fkasbar

Awards
The Atrix is supposed to be above and beyond all other phones according to what I have read;

I have been an android user for 3 years and always root and flash my phones trying different roms and kernels. I have had the g1, the droid 1, the droid x, and the samsung fascinate. I have played with Iphone4s several times and must say I always wanted to throw my android out and report it stolen!

The ip4 just runs so smoothly, and trust me, if you flash roms on your android, you'd know all the bugs android is infested with. :) I'm definitely grabbing an ip4 soon :)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is how I feel about the i phone it can do so much but I just don't have the time to use it to its fully power plus if I can make 400 off of it why the hell not.I'm into the g zone phones myself.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Atrix is supposed to be above and beyond all other phones according to what I have read;

I have been an android user for 3 years and always root and flash my phones trying different roms and kernels. I have had the g1, the droid 1, the droid x, and the samsung fascinate. I have played with Iphone4s several times and must say I always wanted to throw my android out and report it stolen!

The ip4 just runs so smoothly, and trust me, if you flash roms on your android, you'd know all the bugs android is infested with. :) I'm definitely grabbing an ip4 soon :)
Ehh, while I agree the iOS most certainly has more of a smooth enviornment and alot more of the kinks worked out, if you play around with it enough, you easily will find numerous bugs (or as apple calls them, features).

You guys put too much emotion in your telephones :)
Im a gadget dork. If I had a machine that would shower me and brush my teeth at the touch of a button, I would try and figure out how I can mod it to dress me as well.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does anyone have an effin release date for the atrix? i get an upgrade on valentines day and i've read, february 11th and the 13, with shipping date of march 3rd...i figured you'd see commercials for it, but i haven't....i'll never buy another apple product again...it's like supporting communism

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't been following the specific release date too closely because I cant upgrade until Mid March, and that seems to be after when it should release.

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards

Actually it's you that's wrong.

Android can do much more without being rooted than the iphone can do without being jail broken.
The iphone is nothing but an app handler.

The apps that run in background on android aren't really running, they are in standby mode waiting to be accessed.
On android you can access the terminal and run a command called top. It will show you what processes are running and which ones are using CPU.
Does the iphone even have a terminal? Probably not.
The iphone doesn't even have a file manager to manipulate the files on your devices, you have to do what apple wants, nothing more.

You can add apps to android that are not in the market, can the iphone add apps that aren't in the appstore?

If you want to talk rooting and jailbreaking Android wins there too.

The iphone is a very popular device due to the fact that it is extremely simple to use, you tap an icon and the apps do the rest.

Android however is much more customizable meaning it can be more difficult to use, that's why the iphone is so popular with pre-teen girls.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Actually it's you that's wrong.

Android can do much more without being rooted than the iphone can do without being jail broken.
The iphone is nothing but an app handler.

The apps that run in background on android aren't really running, they are in standby mode waiting to be accessed.
On android you can access the terminal and run a command called top. It will show you what processes are running and which ones are using CPU.
Does the iphone even have a terminal? Probably not.
The iphone doesn't even have a file manager to manipulate the files on your devices, you have to do what apple wants, nothing more.

You can add apps to android that are not in the market, can the iphone add apps that aren't in the appstore?

If you want to talk rooting and jailbreaking Android wins there too.

The iphone is a very popular device due to the fact that it is extremely simple to use, you tap an icon and the apps do the rest.

Android however is much more customizable meaning it can be more difficult to use, that's why the iphone is so popular with pre-teen girls.
thank you for enlightening me on this subject ps... I just realized that after working with android/iphone and mobile industry for th past 6 years you really opened my eyes up...

I'm just guessing that fact I to charge all these android phones multiple times a is b/c android battery are so strong and the background apps dont really use battery juice.. they run on air

Ohh, those 2k plus apps google removed from their market place were just for fun, right? not b/c they were a security risk to users...

maybe apple has more apps b/c their really platform sucks where android has less than a quarter of them

"The iphone is a very popular device due to the fact that it is extremely simple to use, you tap an icon and the apps do the rest." I'm taking that this is apples fault therefore the iphone suchs

"If you want to talk rooting and jailbreaking Android wins there too."
when rooting and android device you have a damn good change to brick it so go ahead.. iphone is a simple exe file.

"You can add apps to android that are not in the market, can the iphone add apps that aren't in the appstore?" this tlls me you know alot about iphone, just FYI, once you jailbreak an iphone you get cydia, an underground app market

fkasbar

Awards
if you play around with it enough, you easily will find numerous bugs (or as apple calls them, features)...I would try and figure out how I can mod it to dress me as well.
Features is a nice name for bugs, that made me lol.I agree, Imo of I have something that CAN but doesn't why not push it to it's limits?

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
thank you for enlightening me on this subject ps... I just realized that after working with android/iphone and mobile industry for th past 6 years you really opened my eyes up...

I'm just guessing that fact I to charge all these android phones multiple times a is b/c android battery are so strong and the background apps dont really use battery juice.. they run on air

Ohh, those 2k plus apps google removed from their market place were just for fun, right? not b/c they were a security risk to users...

maybe apple has more apps b/c their really platform sucks where android has less than a quarter of them

"The iphone is a very popular device due to the fact that it is extremely simple to use, you tap an icon and the apps do the rest." I'm taking that this is apples fault therefore the iphone suchs

when rooting and android device you have a damn good change to brick it so go ahead.. iphone is a simple exe file.

"You can add apps to android that are not in the market, can the iphone add apps that aren't in the appstore?" this tlls me you know alot about iphone, just FYI, once you jailbreak an iphone you get cydia, an underground app market
You're talking without actually looking.
Run the top command and you will see many apps running without using cpu, since you won't look, I'll show you myself.

The iphone has more apps because it is a very popular device, it had a huge headstart over android. Anyone that had a 1st gen iphone is a moron, it couldn't do cut/paste, video, mms, and the camera had no flash. The only thing it could do that a dumb phone couldn't was surf the web.

I rooted my Droid 2 in 5 minutes, I did it via the command line at the root prompt. Again, does the iphone even have a command line? Can you access the root shell?
Can you decide where you want your mp3's stored, your documents, your pics, or do you have to do whatever apple wants? Android can do that without rooting.
You obviously don't comprehend what you read. I can install apps that are not in the market, I do NOT have to be root to do it.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
you are failing to understand the concept of no background apps that the iOS has, android does not care about your battery life... my favorite andorid app is advanced task manager b/c I can kill all that junk that keeps running in the background, some of that junk just keeps on running even after I stop it

I got plenty of apps on the android that can tell me all sort of stats there's a good reason why there are so many cookie cutter apps like that, on the iOS you simply dont need to bother, b/c they simply dont run unless you need/want them too, if that makes any sense ;)

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
you are failing to understand the concept of no background apps that the iOS has, android does not care about your battery life... my favorite andorid app is advanced task manager b/c I can kill all that junk that keeps running in the background, some of that junk just keeps on running even after I stop it

I got plenty of apps on the android that can tell me all sort of stats there's a good reason why there are so many cookie cutter apps like that, on the iOS you simply dont need to bother, b/c they simply dont run unless you need/want them too, if that makes any sense ;)
That's the problem with a lot of battery life issues that some people have with android.
They use a task killer. Android OS restarts several apps. If you have a task killer running to kill apps and the OS restarts those apps, the task killer is constantly running killing those apps.
Task killers kill the battery, it does not help it.

Android does a good job of managing tasks, just like a real Unix server.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man, this is PS3 vs. Xbox360 round two....

Windows new phone OS? any takes?
i was looking at the windows phone, the guy at the store said it's a solid phone right up there with that captivate that my brother has, but his phone is junk, he stops getting txts all the time and has to keep resetting his phone and losing his apps....i was also looking at the blackberry torch as i like the keyboard, however it seems even the employees hate it

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was looking at the windows phone, the guy at the store said it's a solid phone right up there with that captivate that my brother has, but his phone is junk, he stops getting txts all the time and has to keep resetting his phone and losing his apps....i was also looking at the blackberry torch as i like the keyboard, however it seems even the employees hate it
I considered the Windows phone, but I am not a fan of early adopting anymore when it comes to OS's. I always feel screwed until the first wave of patches.

nerdalert

Awards
I am getting a Droid X tomorrow and can't wait. I have a D1 now that keeps crapping out so Verizon upgraded me. I will wait until next year for an Iphone.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you guys with your 16 droids and 14 iphones....feel free to send em my way

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I'm waiting for an Android phone with at least a 4in screen and a physical keyboard.

Unlike those who get multiple lines and contracts to get a new phone, when that device becomes available I'll just pay full retail and use it with my current contract. I'd rather pay $600 upfront than to pay an extra $66/mo for the next 2 yrs.

BigSwole53

Awards

You are wrong about the apps. But first I will correct you again about the name, it is the Android Market not market place.

Google got rid of those apps because there were duplicates of the same apps that did the same thing so they condensed them into one app. Unlike Apple who likes their numbers and wants to keep the duplicates to keep their numbers up.

Android phone sales exceed Apple phone sales.
Apple will argue this and say that they sell more but their numbers are iPhones, iPods, and iPads. Again Apple loves their numbers so they count everything. But Android phones to Apple phones there are more Android sales.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
You are wrong about the apps. But first I will correct you again about the name, it is the Android Market not market place.
whatever they want to call it its still not an App Store

Google got rid of those apps because there were duplicates of the same apps (you're falsely informed on this topic, when I get a chance I'll post some link) that did the same thing so they condensed them into one app. Unlike Apple who likes their numbers and wants to keep the duplicates to keep their numbers up.
Apple has a policy of no cookie cutter apps

Google gets peanuts for the OS (hence the quality), Apple makes a killing on each phone, research yourself

Apple will argue this and say that they sell more but their numbers are iPhones, iPods, and iPads. Again Apple loves their numbers so they count everything. But Android phones to Apple phones there are more Android sales.

Its public domain and not hard to find Apple sold 16M iPhones in last quarter again, they fudge these numbers on their analysts calls
if the iPhone is so inferior to any android device, can you explain how the hell this happen?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/03/verizon_iphone_preorders_sell_out_on_first_day.html

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/04/preorders_of_apples_iphone_4_break_verizon_sales_record_in_2_hours.html

they sold out in 2hrs, a new record for any device ever sold by VZW, the last record took 24hrs. can you shed some light on how android took 24hrs and iPhone beat that sales volume in 2hrs

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i phone is king its going to take one hell of a phone to beat this thing

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
if the iPhone is so inferior to any android device, can you explain how the hell this happen?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/03/verizon_iphone_preorders_sell_out_on_first_day.html

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/04/preorders_of_apples_iphone_4_break_verizon_sales_record_in_2_hours.html

they sold out in 2hrs, a new record for any device ever sold by VZW, the last record took 24hrs. can you shed some light on how android took 24hrs and iPhone beat that sales volume in 2hrs
The 1st gen iphone also had huge numbers.
It couldn't cut/paste, mms, record video, the camera had no flash.
People still ate it up even though it couldn't do the basic things that a dumb phone could do.
I chalk it up to people not knowing what smartphones are really about. My Treo 700P could do more than the 1st gen iphone.
People who bought it fell for the marketing.

I will admit the iphone has come a long way, but for me, it just isn't good enough. I like being able to change things up because I get bored quick. The iphone doesn't provide me with that functionality.

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards

Google got rid of those apps because there were duplicates of the same apps that did the same thing so they condensed them into one app. Unlike Apple who likes their numbers and wants to keep the duplicates to keep their numbers up.

To be honest, that isn't hard to do. There are many different android phones on every carrier. The iphone was only on one carrier.
If the iphone was on every carrier even with just the one device the iphone sales would probably win.