ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wal-Mart Invasion Part of Larger DHS Takeover of America

WASHINGTON — "Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department's national "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation."

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.cdc63f449543115516a6ee1f2c569704.4f1&show_article=1

US to step up security at hotels and malls

The United States is stepping up security at "soft targets" like hotels and shopping malls, as well as trains and ports, as it counters the evolving Al-Qaeda threat, a top official said Sunday.

A year after a foiled plot to bomb a US-bound passenger plane, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told CNN's "State of the Union" program that other places and modes of transportation must now be scrutinized.

"We look at so-called soft targets -- the hotels, shopping malls, for example -- all of which we have reached out to in the past year and have done a fair amount of training for their own employees," Napolitano said.

Since an attempted bombing on a packed Saturday night in Times Square in May, New York, for example, has installed hundreds of security cameras as part of a plan to triple the number of cameras to 3,000.

In September, the city activated some 500 new surveillance cameras at its three busiest subway stations -- Times Square, Penn Station and Grand Central.

"The overall message is everything is objectively better than it was a year ago, particularly in the aviation environment. But we're also looking at addressing other areas," Napolitano said.

As extremists struggle to circumvent tighter security at airports and search for new avenues, she said US officials were looking to step up broader measures.

"What we have to do is say, well, what other ways are they thinking to commit an act, because our job is not only to react, but to be thinking always ahead, what could be happening," Napolitano said.

"And so we have enhanced measures going on at surface transportation, not because we have a specific or credible threat there, but because we know, looking at Madrid and London, that's been another source of targets for terrorists."

Suicide bombers killed 52 people aboard a bus and three London Underground trains in 2005.

And in Europe's worst terror attack, 191 people were killed and nearly 2000 injured in Madrid in March 2004 when 10 backpacks filled with nails and explosives went off on four trains during morning rush hour.

"It means, as we make the land borders harder to cross from a land border crossing standpoint, that we need to be looking out into our coasts and to the waters," said Napolitano.

Last Christmas, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a young Nigerian who claims to have been trained by Al-Qaeda operatives in the Yemen, failed to detonate explosives concealed in his underwear on a packed transatlantic airliner as it came in to land in Detroit.

The US authorities responded by installing new screening machines and initiating draconian body searches at airports.

Napolitano said international travelers in the United States also face tight intelligence screening even before they reach the boarding gate.

Copyright AFP 2008, AFP stories and photos shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Nice!!! You know what will happen now. Pretty soon guys like me and you and everybody else is going to start looking suspicious.....Welcome to the Police states of America.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Most Americans dont notice these things. Its more background music.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TSA photocopies a mans credit cards and other personal documents

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DEA uses drug war to spy worldwide

Russia Today
January 6, 2011

The United States government allegedly infused drugs into our inner cities in order to keep minorities down and destabilize world governments. Radio host Alex Jones says it wasn’t just about destabilizing inner cities and financing revolutions overseas. It was also about the 100 of billions of dollars laundered in drugs through large western banks, they then lobbied Congress to expand prison complexes they own and sell stock in.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
DEA uses drug war to spy worldwide

Russia Today
January 6, 2011

The United States government allegedly infused drugs into our inner cities in order to keep minorities down and destabilize world governments. Radio host Alex Jones says it wasn’t just about destabilizing inner cities and financing revolutions overseas. It was also about the 100 of billions of dollars laundered in drugs through large western banks, they then lobbied Congress to expand prison complexes they own and sell stock in.

People are too busy with their own meager existences, to be concerned about the big picture. All they can do is vote, complain, and stay out of trouble. Im glad I live in America, cant imagine other countries social predicament. The States still have promise because it is a Democracy. JMO

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People are too busy with their own meager existences, to be concerned about the big picture. All they can do is vote, complain, and stay out of trouble. Im glad I live in America, cant imagine other countries social predicament. The States still have promise because it is a Democracy. JMO
Actually the US is a republic, and not a democracy. A true democracy would be able to vote on the preposterous Health Care Act that was passed.

Anyway... For future reference Ax, refrain from posting Alex Jones information, that just discredits the whole argument.

The US government did not infuse drugs into American culture, it was penetrated from outside forces, ****, the native Americans were high as their culture prior to our arrival.

The problem is we are being completely reactionary to threats... what has all this extra "Security" gotten us today? Absolutely nothing. Bruce Schnier a prominent security analyst put it best about the post 9/11 reactions when he said we are no safer today than we were prior to that day. A security check point will not stop someone from accomplishing a terrorist based mission, and our PC culture is making it even harder to do anything real.

Napolitano is a blatent idiot and does things to make it look like she is doing something. I see the underwear bomber is touted as be a successful stop of a threat, but it only was foiled because the guy was an idiot, same with the time square bomb. So now we are protecting malls? What is some rent a cop going to do to stop a bomber from blowing up your favorite forever 21? We putting screeners there too?

How is it that Isreal is so successful with their security without these unnecessary and might I say COSTLY implementations of security? Might it be that we look at the people themselves instead of taking pictures of their junk?

All we do with our reactionary measures is move the goal post, the goal post is still there. Now American people must go through displeasure in their own country, fear levels have been reached... so in the end, isn't that the goal of a terrorist, disrupt normal life activities?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somewhat of a democracy, maybe in local politics....its really corporatist. 3rd parties have no chance in this country to be on top, and they keep it as a duopoly making people think there really is a difference between Republicans and Democrats giving the people an illusion of choice when the both practice the same policies.

Look how years ago they wouldnt allow Ralph Nader in the debates, although he was a presidential canditate. A student gave him a ticket so he at least can attend the debate as an audience member, and the police forced him off of the property. The media is all corporate, and there is no true democracy when it comes to the top of American elections. Follow the money.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyway... For future reference Ax, refrain from posting Alex Jones information, that just discredits the whole argument.
lol.....I refuse corporate media...the most discredible source of news in existance.

Alex Jones is very credible, and his years of work have proven so.

If you dont find him credible thats your choice and Im fine with it, your just not going to find my threads credible through your views which is your given right. We just wont agree on most things, its the way it is.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol.....I refuse corporate media...the most discredible source of news in existance.

If you dont find him credible thats your choice and Im fine with it, your just not going to find my threads credible through your views which is your given right. We just wont agree on most things, its the way it is.
Actually i think I just agreed with you on most of the stuff in the thread. I never said corporate media was the way to go, so please attempt to remove your words from my mouth.

Alex Jones is a loon and nutbag, his theories have no credence to being even remotely true, if you haven't realized by now he sells sensationalism, and you seem to be buying it hook line and sinker. Here now you are buying some dudes idiotic rants that doesn't have to bring factual information to the table since he isn't even held the investigative standard.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Isn't all your media completely government controlled?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually i think I just agreed with you on most of the stuff in the thread. I never said corporate media was the way to go, so please attempt to remove your words from my mouth.
I didnt see it as an agreement because I disagreed with most of your post.

Your opinions are welcome though, I like to have your alternative views :)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't all your media completely government controlled?
There is regulations on all media.....but what Im talking about is corporatism. Corporatism doesn't control the media, they buy it. Not all sources of news are under this influence, but with Corporations looking to control the net they may have their iron fist on it too some day.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didnt see it as an agreement because I disagreed with most of your post.

Your opinions are welcome though, I like to have your alternative views :)
I was agreeing with your thoughts on the security controls being implemented that intrudes upon American lives.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is regulations on all media.....but what Im talking about is corporatism. Corporatism doesn't control the media, they buy it. Not all sources of news are under this influence, but with Corporations looking to control the net they may have their iron fist on it too some day.
So it is better for the media to be controlled by a disenchanting government rather than the free market?

As for the net, you are misunderstanding the setup of the net, the net is the wild west that is completely untamable. There is no feasible way to regulate the internet, it just cannot be done. Jester has proved this point time and time again.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was agreeing with your thoughts on the security controls being implemented that intrudes upon American lives.
Yes....we are on the same page with that, our differences are what led to how the entire security controls are implemented.

I saw on the news the other day how now terrorists are going to poison our food at our hotel salad bars.....ridiculous stuff...now we need to put salad through naked body scanners too, lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it is better for the media to be controlled by a disenchanting government rather than the free market?

As for the net, you are misunderstanding the setup of the net, the net is the wild west that is completely untamable. There is no feasible way to regulate the internet, it just cannot be done. Jester has proved this point time and time again.
Ive spent a bunch of time in China....controls of the internet is possible, and I cant see american/chinese independent news there, its blocked and it sucks.

You should look into "net-neutrality," that is the first step of internet controls they are trying to place here in America. Also, Obama implemented a "kill-switch" to the net which is an unheard power during the bush years.

Corporatism is not free markets, we are talking about the people on top buying everything out and making it hard for the little guy to do their thing.

I believe in free markets, and corporations still should get rights, its just that its imbalanced and the leverage is all on the corps.

I like choices, not a few on the top controlling and dictating everything because they have all the money and power. Capitalism is beautiful, but corporatism is not in my taste.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Here's the truth....listen to the whole track.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvLhdc6CgPM"]YouTube - Truth Part 2 Diabolic Lyrics[/nomedia]

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive spent a bunch of time in China....controls of the internet is possible, and I cant see american/chinese independent news there, its blocked and it sucks.

You should look into "net-neutrality," that is the first step of internet controls they are trying to place here in America. Also, Obama implemented a "kill-switch" to the net which is an unheard power during the bush years.

Corporatism is not free markets, we are talking about the people on top buying everything out and making it hard for the little guy to do their thing.

I believe in free markets, and corporations still should get rights, its just that its imbalanced and the leverage is all on the corps.

I like choices, not a few on the top controlling and dictating everything because they have all the money and power. Capitalism is beautiful, but corporatism is not in my taste.
See, that proves your misunderstanding of the net infrastructure. The kill switch is a sham, there is no way for someone to hit a button and shut down the internet, just cannot happen, no way, no how, so believe what you want, but the only things the government could "Kill" is governement owned equipment when the predominant backbone resides on free enterprise companies such as Savvis, L3, etc., not to mention universities. As for net neutrality, I have been against that, it does nothing to actually regulate the internet, but limits the amount of money is allowed to make for selling bandwidth... will stop no internet traffic.

And the great firewall of china? Really, that is your argument? There is NOTHING the chinese can do to stop information from coming into that country. They can attempt to tell the ISPs what they have to block, but will never be able to actually thwart all information... it just cannot happen. You can go to any simple proxy, hell I will set one up at home in 3 minutes, and poof, you can access anything you want.

The governments will never be able to keep a step ahead of the internet community, otherwise they would be able to block all malicious code from entering their own networks, and with the penetration of the power grid, it goes to show how fluent they are.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See, that proves your misunderstanding of the net infrastructure. The kill switch is a sham, there is no way for someone to hit a button and shut down the internet, just cannot happen, no way, no how, so believe what you want,
They can do it.......It will re-direct everybody to an official "White House" page and will be peoples only source of information on the net. Im still unure if they passed the kill switch bill, I have to look into it more but the fact that the bill is in circulation is very disturbing.

The fact they appointed an "Internet Zar" Is quite disturbing as well. He will end up with the kill switch power.
http://2008caucus.blogspot.com/2008/12/obama-appoints-internet-czar.html

----------

A little more on kill switch bill:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/new-bill-gives-obama-kill-switch-to-shut-down-the-internet/

http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/06/21/lieberman-kill-switch-worries-net-users/

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/21/how-much-power-should-govt-have-over-the-internet/

-------------------------------------

As far as China goes.....they almost pushed a law that controls everything you type.....such as "Dalai Lama" "Hu Jintao" "Freedom" "Democracy" etc.....

Basically if you try to type anything on your own computer, its automatically gets wiped out, and potentially sends the internet police a notification of attempt. This is for offline work also. It failed to be in effect...but it will come back into play in the future and this is the type of technology that exists to control societies....to a point where most wont even have the freedom to type in the privacy of their own homes.

Its called "Green Dam Software"

http://www.cse.umich.edu/~jhalderm/pub/gd/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10273354-83.html

http://opennet.net/chinas-green-dam-the-implications-government-control-encroaching-home-pc

And also.....people get arrested left and right there who violate internet rules....or they will be met with secret service agents and they have "A cup of Tea" which is basically just a warning talk.

Now until you go there and experience the way the net is run....and how google is controled by the government....etc......you will understand it sucks.

Yes you are right that we get ahead and work away around things but that is generally a small circle, not everybody has your skills, and the mass propaganda machine wins over the society. Information will always get out but most of the populations way of thinking is controlled. You should go there and get to know people...most dont know whats going on and just follow mainstream news like here but on a higher level. They dont know how to access "secret" information on the net, access requires skills.

The fact that governments are trying to control the net here in America is something disturbing to me not matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They can do it.......It will re-direct everybody to an official "White House" page and will be peoples only source of information on the net. Im still unure if they passed the kill switch bill, I have to look into it more but the fact that the bill is in circulation is very disturbing.

The fact they appointed an "Internet Zar" Is quite disturbing as well. He will end up with the kill switch power.
http://2008caucus.blogspot.com/2008/12/obama-appoints-internet-czar.html

----------

A little more on kill switch bill:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/new-bill-gives-obama-kill-switch-to-shut-down-the-internet/

http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/06/21/lieberman-kill-switch-worries-net-users/

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/21/how-much-power-should-govt-have-over-the-internet/

-------------------------------------

As far as China goes.....they almost pushed a law that controls everything you type.....such as "Dalai Lama" "Hu Jintao" "Freedom" "Democracy" etc.....

Basically if you try to type anything on your own computer, its automatically gets wiped out, and potentially sends the internet police a notification of attempt. This is for offline work also. It failed to be in effect...but it will come back into play in the future and this is the type of technology that exists to control societies....to a point where most wont even have the freedom to type in the privacy of their own homes.

Its called "Green Dam Software"

http://www.cse.umich.edu/~jhalderm/pub/gd/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10273354-83.html

http://opennet.net/chinas-green-dam-the-implications-government-control-encroaching-home-pc

And also.....people get arrested left and right there who violate internet rules....or they will be met with secret service agents and they have "A cup of Tea" which is basically just a warning talk.

Now until you go there and experience the way the net is run....and how google is controled by the government....etc......you will understand it sucks.

Yes you are right that we get ahead and work away around things but that is generally a small circle and the mass propaganda machine wins over the society. Information will always get out but most of the populations way of thinking is controlled. You should go there and get to know people...most dont know whats going on and just follow mainstream news like here but on a higher level. They dont know how to access "secret" information on the net, access requires skills.

The fact that governments are trying to control the net here in America is something disturbing to me not matter how you look at it.
And I agree with you that it is disturbing that they even are putting resources in attempting regulate the internet, there is no two way to even slice that as being a benefit, i have said that for years, you can find a thread by AtomStrange that was pimping net neutrality and was directing people to freepress website which i ran by a commie... well, socialist, and I was fighting it tooth and nail.

Regardless of what the whitehouse wants to tell you (Which you of all people I would assume wouldn't believe them), they CANNOT turn off the internet, there is no technical way to shut off the internet, bottom line, none. The internet is free range, they might have some success with internet2 (If you dont know what that is, look it up), but not the in place infrastructure as we know it. have a dozen years in the IT field and know how this stuff works, and it will not happen. They can shut down government networks, that is it, government does not own the backbones we run on, governments do not own most of the trans Atlantic and pacific fiber, nor most of the satellite, microwave or hell the IR shots. Get EasyEJL in here, SilentBob, I believe even T-AD.. I believe they work IT as well. Your fatalist scenario's will not be realities as no one owns the internet and regulation is inherently impossible. Will china jail you and cut off your toes for side stepping the great firewall? That is a possibility, but that proves nothing on your stance, it cannot be regulated.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it cannot be regulated.
But it is regulated....its filtered, and its a success. They block most of everything against the governments views of what the people should know.

Again...I know there are ways around it, I met a chinese guy at the bar who openly talked about that to me but for most the internet is filtered and the majority (not smart people like you :)) is enough for the governments to have their agendas get by.

They want to do this in Australia now
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6818010/Australia-plans-Chinese-style-internet-filtering.html

Canada
http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=47229

United Kingdom
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=22462

and before you know it in the USA. I wont be surprised if they use the WikiLeaks to launch new bills to try to do so.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they CANNOT turn off the internet, there is no technical way to shut off the internet,
The kill switch isnt to turn off the internet like a light bulb, its to re-direct all users to an official government website. Probably have everybody go to a white house page and have that as their only online source of information should some "disaster" happen.

Im sure a small circle will find loopholes, etc......but the point is to control the information being given to the majority of the population.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CDC adjusts fluoride poisoning of America's water supply to a lower level

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) today issued a startling report that admits 2 in 5 children in America show signs of fluoride poisoning (streaking, spotting or pitting of teeth due to dental fluorosis)."

http://www.naturalnews.com/030952_CDC_fluoride.html#ixzz1AS6PpQbE

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So how do you shut off a whole nation's Internet?
MIT experts say it depends on ISP ownership, and doubt it'd happen in U.S

quote:
By Natalie Wolchover
TechNewsDaily
updated 1/28/2011 7:28:29 PM ET 2011-01-29T00:28:29

To silence dissidents, the Egyptian government made a move Thursday that has no precedent: It turned off the Internet nationwide. How did they do it — and could the same thing happen here?

According to David Clark, an MIT computer scientist whose research focuses on Internet architecture and development, a government's ability to control the Internet depends on its control of Internet Service Providers (ISPs), the private sector companies that grant Internet access to customers.

"ISPs have direct control of the Internet, so what happens in any country depends on the control that the state has over those ISPs," Clark told Life's Little Mysteries in an e-mail. "Some countries regulate the ISPs much more heavily. China has in the past 'turned off' the Internet in various regions."

When a government orders the ISP to disable service, Clark explained, "they have lots of ways of doing it technically. They could power down devices (which is sort of like unplugging things), or change the routing tables (which is more like a "digital kill," and can serve to allow selective services to stay up)."

For whole article click link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41320309/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets?gt1=43001

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Shut down AT&T and Comcast. Most of us in the US would be screwed.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
And I agree with you that it is disturbing that they even are putting resources in attempting regulate the internet, there is no two way to even slice that as being a benefit, i have said that for years, you can find a thread by AtomStrange that was pimping net neutrality and was directing people to freepress website which i ran by a commie... well, socialist, and I was fighting it tooth and nail.

Regardless of what the whitehouse wants to tell you (Which you of all people I would assume wouldn't believe them), they CANNOT turn off the internet, there is no technical way to shut off the internet, bottom line, none. The internet is free range, they might have some success with internet2 (If you dont know what that is, look it up), but not the in place infrastructure as we know it. have a dozen years in the IT field and know how this stuff works, and it will not happen. They can shut down government networks, that is it, government does not own the backbones we run on, governments do not own most of the trans Atlantic and pacific fiber, nor most of the satellite, microwave or hell the IR shots. Get EasyEJL in here, SilentBob, I believe even T-AD.. I believe they work IT as well. Your fatalist scenario's will not be realities as no one owns the internet and regulation is inherently impossible. Will china jail you and cut off your toes for side stepping the great firewall? That is a possibility, but that proves nothing on your stance, it cannot be regulated.

Just ask how they did it in Egypt last week. It should serve as a wakeup call.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ask how they did it in Egypt last week. It should serve as a wakeup call.
Really, you of all people will eat into this fear mongering?

You do know the state of Egypt correct? And the freedom of the USA?

And as there is information coming from Egyption IP addresses, it goes to show that it isn't truly shut down.

Here let me state it like this!

USA is a free country and the White House will never have the true power to "SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET".

I know how people say it could happen... but it WILL NEVER happen.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know how people say it could happen... but it WILL NEVER happen.
I wish you are right DAdams and you certainly may be....but whats disturbing to me is that they are trying....as long as they are trying we need to know about it and inform everybody.

There is a 197-page bill written (PDF provided here in this post) which is entitled Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act, or PCNAA for example.

This bill was co-written by Senator Joe Lieberman who invoked “cybersecurity” as the motivation behind this bill.

Leiberman is the same guy who cites China as a model that America should compare itself. “Right now China, the government, can disconnect parts of its Internet in case of war and we need to have that here too,” said Lieberman.

Attachments

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish you are right DAdams and you certainly may be....but whats disturbing to me is that they are trying....as long as they are trying we need to know about it and inform everybody.

There is a 197-page bill written (PDF provided here in this post) which is entitled Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act, or PCNAA for example.

This bill was co-written by Senator Joe Lieberman who invoked “cybersecurity” as the motivation behind this bill.

Leiberman is the same guy who cites China as a model that America should compare itself. “Right now China, the government, can disconnect parts of its Internet in case of war and we need to have that here too,” said Lieberman.
I dont have time at the moment, but I will definitely read that. Lieberman is so wishy washy and easily bought that I do not doubt he would attempt such a power grab.