New AMC series: "The Walking Dead"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New AMC series: "The Walking Dead"


    Just wanted to see how many of you are watching this new series on AMC. I'm a huge zombie movie fan myself. I've been very impressed with it thusfar, and it's well worth the watch if you're not following it already. The story line is very impressive overall and keeps you interested. This isn't some cheap zombie ripoff flick; they've done a good job with the characters and making the zombies look fairly impressive.

    I even bought the season pass on itunes so I can burn the movies.

    I haven't read the books yet, but probably will once this tv series concludes.






    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary



  2. 1. Oh, we watchin John. Where you been?!?!
    2. Booooo-k? What is this thing of which you speak? There's a whole series on the TV about this, so ...
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
    •   
       


  3. I'm watching. Damn good show for sure.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  4. If your a manly man youll whatch that show! I kid, but it's awsome.

  5. It's a damn good show!! And I'll br giving the graphic novels it's based on a read soon. Just as soon as I can get through Ayn Rands Atlas Shrugged.
    •   
       


  6. They're doing it right so far! I too and a big zombie movie fan.
  7. purelife1
    purelife1's Avatar

    my wife and i watch it every week..im surprised i like it..figured it would be stupid but has very good story line

  8. IT is def a good show. Tivo it and then watch it ASAP. Glad to see a good zombie show.

  9. It's the best new show to come out this season, IMO. I watch it on Hulu every Monday night.

  10. Excellent series, since I'm a horror buff I really enjoy it. They get away with a lot more gore, etc than I thought they would. Great story as well. Just seems like it was rather short, seeing how theres only 2 episodes left. That sux. Maybe there will be another season?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    It's the best new show to come out this season, IMO. I watch it on Hulu every Monday night.
    I agree it us awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    Excellent series, since I'm a horror buff I really enjoy it. They get away with a lot more gore, etc than I thought they would. Great story as well. Just seems like it was rather short, seeing how theres only 2 episodes left. That sux. Maybe there will be another season?
    I agree the "guts" episode was awesome. Wasnt expecting them to do that and wow was it interesting to say the least. Plus the zombies look beat to hell and they TEAR into things.

    I heard from someone else on a forum they got a contract for another season.

    BTW who likes my avi? lol

  12. TEAM ZA

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I agree it us awesome.



    I agree the "guts" episode was awesome. Wasnt expecting them to do that and wow was it interesting to say the least. Plus the zombies look beat to hell and they TEAR into things.

    I heard from someone else on a forum they got a contract for another season.

    BTW who likes my avi? lol
    Bad azz avy right there!



    -John

  14. Is anyone reading the books right now?

    I'm already up to book 11 out of 13. This series is freakin' awesome. The books/comics thus far are quite a bit different than the tv series; not that I didn't expect that, though.

    Either way, it's a must read if you like this series.





    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  15. Uh, I missed the entire season anybody know how I can catch up? Wondering if Hulu has all of the episodes still??


  16. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Uh, I missed the entire season anybody know how I can catch up? Wondering if Hulu has all of the episodes still??
    Me thinkst it's on iTunes.


    And to celebrate the spirit of the season AND this thread:

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Uh, I missed the entire season anybody know how I can catch up? Wondering if Hulu has all of the episodes still??
    Not hulu plus quality, but it's pretty decent...

    http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/The-Walking-Dead_24227/

    Let me know if any of the episodes don't work, I'll send another link.

  18. ^^^Appreciate it bud, I'll be watching them over the Holidays


  19. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    ^^^Appreciate it bud, I'll be watching them over the Holidays
    It is def a great show and I cant wait for it to come back

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    It is def a great show and I cant wait for it to come back
    Yup, cant wait for next season, I dont think they thought it would be such a hit, hence the short 6 episode run. I think they were testing the waters, and got a major hit on their hands.
    PHF Rep


  21. Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Yup, cant wait for next season, I dont think they thought it would be such a hit, hence the short 6 episode run. I think they were testing the waters, and got a major hit on their hands.
    Oh ya they def did a great job. I think it was a matter of getting it out there because I just happened to stumble across it.

  22. AMC has been coming up with some good shows... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, and now they have The Killing coming up.

    I don't think the short series was a result of not anticipating it to be a hit, but rather a planned thing. It's based off of a graphic novel, so they only have so much material to pull from, especially if they want to try and stay close to the original story. Otherwise they would have to add material and potentially stray too far for their fans. Also, it is likely planned as a filler between some of their longer series.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    AMC has been coming up with some good shows... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, and now they have The Killing coming up.

    I don't think the short series was a result of not anticipating it to be a hit, but rather a planned thing. It's based off of a graphic novel, so they only have so much material to pull from, especially if they want to try and stay close to the original story. Otherwise they would have to add material and potentially stray too far for their fans. Also, it is likely planned as a filler between some of their longer series.
    Well either way I loved the show and cant wait till it comes back. Might have to pick some of the novels up on the advice from T1.

  24. I think next season might b longer. no source. Don't quote me.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Well either way I loved the show and cant wait till it comes back. Might have to pick some of the novels up on the advice from T1.
    Yeah I plan to pick them up too
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. USPLabs TNA Limited Edition "Classic Series"
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM
  2. George W Bush "collector Plate" Series
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 09:47 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 04:22 AM
Log in
Log in