New AMC series: "The Walking Dead"

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to see how many of you are watching this new series on AMC. I'm a huge zombie movie fan myself. I've been very impressed with it thusfar, and it's well worth the watch if you're not following it already. The story line is very impressive overall and keeps you interested. This isn't some cheap zombie ripoff flick; they've done a good job with the characters and making the zombies look fairly impressive.

I even bought the season pass on itunes so I can burn the movies. :D

I haven't read the books yet, but probably will once this tv series concludes.

-John

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1. Oh, we watchin John. Where you been?!?! :D
2. Booooo-k? What is this thing of which you speak? There's a whole series on the TV about this, so ... :trout:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm watching. Damn good show for sure.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
If your a manly man youll whatch that show! I kid, but it's awsome.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a damn good show!! And I'll br giving the graphic novels it's based on a read soon. Just as soon as I can get through Ayn Rands Atlas Shrugged.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
They're doing it right so far! I too and a big zombie movie fan.

purelife1

my wife and i watch it every week..im surprised i like it..figured it would be stupid but has very good story line

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IT is def a good show. Tivo it and then watch it ASAP. Glad to see a good zombie show.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Excellent series, since I'm a horror buff I really enjoy it. They get away with a lot more gore, etc than I thought they would. Great story as well. Just seems like it was rather short, seeing how theres only 2 episodes left. That sux. Maybe there will be another season?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's the best new show to come out this season, IMO. I watch it on Hulu every Monday night.
I agree it us awesome.

Excellent series, since I'm a horror buff I really enjoy it. They get away with a lot more gore, etc than I thought they would. Great story as well. Just seems like it was rather short, seeing how theres only 2 episodes left. That sux. Maybe there will be another season?
I agree the "guts" episode was awesome. Wasnt expecting them to do that and wow was it interesting to say the least. Plus the zombies look beat to hell and they TEAR into things.

I heard from someone else on a forum they got a contract for another season.

BTW who likes my avi? lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree it us awesome.

I agree the "guts" episode was awesome. Wasnt expecting them to do that and wow was it interesting to say the least. Plus the zombies look beat to hell and they TEAR into things.

I heard from someone else on a forum they got a contract for another season.

BTW who likes my avi? lol
Bad azz avy right there!

-John

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is anyone reading the books right now?

I'm already up to book 11 out of 13. This series is freakin' awesome. The books/comics thus far are quite a bit different than the tv series; not that I didn't expect that, though.

Either way, it's a must read if you like this series.

-John

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh, I missed the entire season anybody know how I can catch up? Wondering if Hulu has all of the episodes still??

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh, I missed the entire season anybody know how I can catch up? Wondering if Hulu has all of the episodes still??
Me thinkst it's on iTunes.

And to celebrate the spirit of the season AND this thread:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Appreciate it bud, I'll be watching them over the Holidays:friday:

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
It is def a great show and I cant wait for it to come back
Yup, cant wait for next season, I dont think they thought it would be such a hit, hence the short 6 episode run. I think they were testing the waters, and got a major hit on their hands.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup, cant wait for next season, I dont think they thought it would be such a hit, hence the short 6 episode run. I think they were testing the waters, and got a major hit on their hands.
Oh ya they def did a great job. I think it was a matter of getting it out there because I just happened to stumble across it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AMC has been coming up with some good shows... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, and now they have The Killing coming up.

I don't think the short series was a result of not anticipating it to be a hit, but rather a planned thing. It's based off of a graphic novel, so they only have so much material to pull from, especially if they want to try and stay close to the original story. Otherwise they would have to add material and potentially stray too far for their fans. Also, it is likely planned as a filler between some of their longer series.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AMC has been coming up with some good shows... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, and now they have The Killing coming up.

I don't think the short series was a result of not anticipating it to be a hit, but rather a planned thing. It's based off of a graphic novel, so they only have so much material to pull from, especially if they want to try and stay close to the original story. Otherwise they would have to add material and potentially stray too far for their fans. Also, it is likely planned as a filler between some of their longer series.
Well either way I loved the show and cant wait till it comes back. Might have to pick some of the novels up on the advice from T1.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think next season might b longer. no source. Don't quote me.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well either way I loved the show and cant wait till it comes back. Might have to pick some of the novels up on the advice from T1.
Yeah I plan to pick them up too

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'm torn with these two pics. In some ways I'm sure I would think rationaly and want to find them.. like maybe it's a joke and/or maybe it's a zombie walk, but it other ways I would hate to be the a$$hole who drove my family straight into a crowd of real zombies and be bitten you know. Just thoughts that run through my head..lol

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I caught and DVR'd the marathon up to the season finale, and I liked it!!

I was surprised they had him find his wife and son so soon.....I was expecting that too be the main storyline for however many seasons.....just jumping from city to city looking for his family. And in the second episode he shoulda fired up the .50 cal on the tank and let loose :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys will really like the books. I was so addicted to reading them I've already blasted my way through them, lol. Now i have to wait for the next volume to be released; it's killing me....haha.

This is a good deal at Amazon. It has the first 8 volumes all combined into one compendium:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293413394&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Compendium One (9781607060765): Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Tony Moore: Books[/ame]

There are a total of 13 volumes right now, but this will get you pretty far into the story itself. It's damn worth it, too. I've really enjoyed it. Boy does the story start to evolve on so many different levels...

-John

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got time over the Holidays to read them, so I'll give it a go. I'm now thinking I will read the series before watching the show.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I forget, did we ever learn what happened to the brother who cut off his hand to escape the handcuffs?? If not, seems like they focused on that an awful lot for no answer. If anyone who has read the series has any insight don't hesitate to PM me with it. I don't mind spoilers too much when it comes to waiting for a season to roll back around ;)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I forget, did we ever learn what happened to the brother who cut off his hand to escape the handcuffs?? If not, seems like they focused on that an awful lot for no answer. If anyone who has read the series has any insight don't hesitate to PM me with it. I don't mind spoilers too much when it comes to waiting for a season to roll back around ;)
Ya I was left wondering what happened to my buddy Meryl. I dont want a spoiler though. But I just kept waiting for him to show back up and he never did lol.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I was left wondering what happened to my buddy Meryl. I dont want a spoiler though. But I just kept waiting for him to show back up and he never did lol.
He cut his hand off, killed zombies, stole their van, and his brother thinks he;s pissed. Bound to see him again at some random time I feel.

Anyone with insight share with me via PM (Tomahawk does't want a soiler)

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I always thought he lead the zombies up to camp, but when it never showed him I started to think otherwise. IDK!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always thought he lead the zombies up to camp, but when it never showed him I started to think otherwise. IDK!
That thought did cross my mind too, but discarded it when it never showed him

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Neither him nor his brother are in the actual books themselves. They were wrote in for the tv series. I'm sure you'll see him again in season 2.

I'm interested to see how the tv series pans out, but it's probably only 10-20% following how the books play out. Both are really good aspects of the story, though.

-John

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Neither him nor his brother are in the actual books themselves. They were wrote in for the tv series. I'm sure you'll see him again in season 2.

I'm interested to see how the tv series pans out, but it's probably only 10-20% following how the books play out. Both are really good aspects of the story, though.

-John
Ok cool, the fact that it doesnt actually try to follow the books makes me want to read the books lol.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Ok cool, the fact that it doesnt actually try to follow the books makes me want to read the books lol.
The show is great, one of the better things on the idiot box lately. The graphic novels, IMO, are a million times better.

TheGunslinger

Awards
Loved this and agree the novels were a lot better.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So when is it coming back on?
According to IMDB, it looks like it will be back on around the same time this year - November. The season will be longer, though.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep - It looks like season 2 will be 13 episodes. I hope they have another contest for a walk-on role as a zombie. If they do, I'm in! :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats a long time to wait for new episodes. I love this show!.
Check out the comic book series in the meantime. They are VERY good; and I was never really a fan of comics in general. The story is just very entertaining and keeps you wondering.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This book is a pretty damn good read as well. Entertaining, and actually gives some pretty good ideas about survival in general when/if the apocalypse hits.

I have both the SAS and US Army survival guides; both of which are very good, but this takes a unique look at specific situations....haha.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep - It looks like season 2 will be 13 episodes. I hope they have another contest for a walk-on role as a zombie. If they do, I'm in! :D
Dude, I've been trying like a mofo to be part of a zombie crawl or any flash mob. Just think it would be fun as hell

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
I actually just took a class at college on zombies, it was called "They’re Coming to Get You: Zombies, Mass Culture and Art"--counted as an English class, it was fun as hell. We spent 98% of the time watching and talking about zombie movies. Best and easiest college class I've ever taken!

And we had to do a zombie walk for the class, it was 20% of our grade!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually just took a class at college on zombies, it was called "They’re Coming to Get You: Zombies, Mass Culture and Art"--counted as an English class, it was fun as hell. We spent 98% of the time watching and talking about zombie movies. Best and easiest college class I've ever taken!

And we had to do a zombie walk for the class, it was 20% of our grade!
Bad azz my friend!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those of you that have an iPad.....there is now a "Walking Dead" app. It allows you to download all the comics in ebook fashion.

Highly recommend.

-John