Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 16 of 25 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Mannn, it doesnt look like im gonna get my striped bass trip
    Havent had enough people solid in their RSVP. Oh well. Should have planned further in advance
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Darn. I'd hop all over a trip like that if I had the opportunity.

Do you have any cool pictures of any past or recent catches?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Darn. I'd hop all over a trip like that if I had the opportunity.

Do you have any cool pictures of any past or recent catches?
    Not readily accesable on this computer but yeah. Let me see about gettin some up in hurz
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

4. I think my wife had a bad day at work. She came home and locked herself in the bedroom. I guess that means I'm going fishing for an hour or two, lol. The conditions aren't ideal, so I think I'm just going to try some catfish dough for ****s and giggles.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I think my wife had a bad day at work. She came home and locked herself in the bedroom. I guess that means I'm going fishing for an hour or two, lol. The conditions aren't ideal, so I think I'm just going to try some catfish dough for ****s and giggles.
    Never have been able to understand the moods of a woman.After having dealt with my exfriends exgirlfriend,I literally have no patience for it anymore.
    Took my nephew and his stepbrother fishing today.Fishing was very slow.My nephews stepbrother hooked a nice largemouth that I guesstimated to go about 3lbs,though.It got off just as he was about to land it.
    •   

6. Darn, I bet he was really excited. What were you using, shiners?

I got to the lake, tied up my poles, started casting, and then a lightning storm blew in, lol. I spent more time rigging my lines than I did in the water. Oh well, that's the breaks

7. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Darn, I bet he was really excited. What were you using, shiners?

I got to the lake, tied up my poles, started casting, and then a lightning storm blew in, lol. I spent more time rigging my lines than I did in the water. Oh well, that's the breaks
    He was using a chartreuse jig tipped with a small piece of worm.He is kind of an unusual kid.I actually got more excited about it then he did.I was quite a few yards away when I noticed he was fighting something big.I made a beeline to help him land it.When I got about 10 yards away and just as he was about to drag it onto the bank,it tailwalked on him and flipped the jig.
    I went fishing with a coworker quite a few years ago.He had a cabin on one of the lakes in Northeastern OK.We were trrolling for sandbass but not having much luck.All of a sudden a storm blew in.It was pouring rain and lightning was crashing all around.This whipped the bass into a feeding frenzy.They started biting as soon as our lures hit the water.I was afraid for my life and wanted to head in,but nothing was going to drag this crazy Indian off the lake now that the fish were biting.
    Good times.

8. I got out yesterday on my day off. It's a bit early down here for Crappie, but I loaded up on plastics and couldn't wait to try them out, lol.

I caught ONE Crappie. We also caught some really big Bluegills. The odd thing was that my step-father was using minnows and shiners. The only fish either of us caught were on a few different jig spinners that I made for Crappie season. I was certain that he would have caught on the live bait.

9. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I got out yesterday on my day off. It's a bit early down here for Crappie, but I loaded up on plastics and couldn't wait to try them out, lol.

I caught ONE Crappie. We also caught some really big Bluegills. The odd thing was that my step-father was using minnows and shiners. The only fish either of us caught were on a few different jig spinners that I made for Crappie season. I was certain that he would have caught on the live bait.
    I love catching big gills.They put up quite a fight on ultralight tackle.Crappie has been scarce for us this year,also.I am 2 weeks away from focusing on trout fishing until spring.

10. So I've been looking at boats since July. I was walking my dogs after work on Saturday and made acquaintance with a neighbor whom I've never met. We started talking and I asked him if he knew anybody selling a boat. He asked me what I was looking for, I told him, and voila...that was what he had sitting in his backyard, lol. He made me an offer that I can't resist, but not until after he took me out in it on the lake that I always fish. Let me tell you, he did a great job selling me...other than the fact that he caught the big one and not me.

rick 6lb 10-22-11 lk summit.jpg

11. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    So I've been looking at boats since July. I was walking my dogs after work on Saturday and made acquaintance with a neighbor whom I've never met. We started talking and I asked him if he knew anybody selling a boat. He asked me what I was looking for, I told him, and voila...that was what he had sitting in his backyard, lol. He made me an offer that I can't resist, but not until after he took me out in it on the lake that I always fish. Let me tell you, he did a great job selling me...other than the fact that he caught the big one and not me.

rick 6lb 10-22-11 lk summit.jpg
    That is a nice bass!I am relaying the fiberglass on the boat my friend gave me.I am actually redesigning it since I had to gut it anyway.Will have it ready to go by spring.Trout season starts here in a few days.Getting excited about trout fishing again.

12. ^ Big fan of trout fishing. They give a nice fight and can make for good eating. Grilled up a fillet of steelhead trout last weekend - awesome flavors.
    Franz Kafka

13. I went out this morning and caught one a little smaller than the one from three posts above. Not bad for the first day as a boat owner. Now I'm going to have big expectations every time I take out my boat, lol.

14. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I went out this morning and caught one a little smaller than the one from three posts above. Not bad for the first day as a boat owner. Now I'm going to have big expectations every time I take out my boat, lol.
    I am anxious to take mine out in the spring.We had a really productive summer but I am looking forward to being able to work more waters with a boat.

15. I've had the boat out four times now (once on my own) and we've caught a total of three Largemouth. Not great numbers, but one was a five pounder and today's was a little over a pound. The other was just shy of even being a keeper.

It's been cool and windy all but once. In my book, three is not too bad then, considering the weather. I NEVER catch off the shore when it's windy. The last three times I've been out in the wind (on a boat) I've caught and so has the person that's with me.

Anybody else been out recently?

16. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    I've had the boat out four times now (once on my own) and we've caught a total of three Largemouth. Not great numbers, but one was a five pounder and today's was a little over a pound. The other was just shy of even being a keeper.

It's been cool and windy all but once. In my book, three is not too bad then, considering the weather. I NEVER catch off the shore when it's windy. The last three times I've been out in the wind (on a boat) I've caught and so has the person that's with me.

Anybody else been out recently?
    Need your money so I can get a boat ...
    I ain't tryin to fish I want to yaht it....
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

17. Going trout fishing this weekend.Will post pics if I catch anything.

18. are you working thanksgiving week? would be fun to drive over and go fishing with you

19. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    are you working thanksgiving week? would be fun to drive over and go fishing with you
    Wish I lived in Florida.Would like to hook up with stxnas and go fishing,also.Florida is the state where my fishing partner holds his Captain`s license.We are tentatively scheduling a trip there for springbreak.I lived in Tallahassee for 3 months in what seems like a lifetime ago.Remember there were some exceptionally beautiful girls on the Florida State campus.

20. AJ, my boat would probably fit in the back of a full size truck, lol. It's only a little 13' skiff

I don't know my darn schedule for the holidays yet...

Wen out this morning. It was cold (for FL) and was VERY windy. We still managed to put four Largemouth and one Sunfish in the boat. I lost a largemouth, too. None of them had much size on them, but it was still a lot of fun.

21. You guys have to check out Lake Okeechobee. If u don't have a boat, u can rent one there for around 40 bucks. Gas motor included. That's a lot of fun. I've used mostly rubber worms, but shiners will definitely increase ur chances. And your guaranteed a lot more than 3 bass. That is if you know how to fish. Lol.
  22. Thumbs up Did not make it to Blue River this weekend

But Ted Meador did and this is what he caught.A 10lb 40z rainbow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

23. That's a nice freaking fish! I didn't know Rainbows got that big

Went out Friday and caught three LargeMouth and went out today after work for maybe an hour. I caught two laregmouth and lost what looked like one somewhere around a poundish. It broke the water and tried to jump, so I got to see it. I'm not sure how I lost it, though. It managed to throw the hook while below the surface. Oh well, still had fun.

24. Nice...

Damn, I only got to go out 3 times this year and my 6 year old daughter loves fishing. Added bonus, as she's a little girlie girl.

Glad I found this thread.
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 12:06 AM