Everything Fishing - Come On In!!!

Page 16 of 21 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    No my wife brought my 2 yr. old home after a horrific day. I ended up being pissed because I also miss my work out... which that is how today is looking to. My wife seems to think missing days is ok. I beg to differ. If it wasnt so windy I'd today, but wait for the wife so I can work out, go grocery shopping and then maybe have time to sit out there. I am on call too so I have also been workink all weekend....2am-4am sat morning and 3pm-730pm sat night.

I hate being on call.My last job I was on call 24/7.I hated that sh**!Swore I would never do it again.Hell,whenever I had to respond to a call,which was often,they would not even reimburse me for travel time and gas.Kristina,if you are still lurking here,you know that was bullsh**.End of rant.

2. I got called in last night. I was only there from 725-815...my round trip there and back was longer than that, lol.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

3. I went fishing this past Friday. I'll try and get my best catch up tonight.

EDIT:

2011-12-23 07.18.08 b.jpg

They're slowly getting bigger

4. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I went fishing this past Friday. I'll try and get my best catch up tonight.

EDIT:

2011-12-23 07.18.08 b.jpg

They're slowly getting bigger
    Nice!

5. As you can see, I caught that on a crankbait. It's a little Crappie Lure, but obviously works on Large Mouth, too.

I caught another LMB and a Bluegill on that lure that day, too. The Bluegill wasn't much larger than lure, lol. I guess it was just an aggression/territorial strike. There was no way it was trying to eat that.
    •   

6. No luck on the river yesterday.Only hooked 3 and landed 0.Will give it another go Saturday.

7. Still fishing for Trout?

8. I got two Alabama Rigs for Christmas!!! I can't wait to use it on them bass That's all I wanted to share lol
    :blindfold:

9. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Still fishing for Trout?
    Yes.In 2 months I can switch back to fishing for gills and catfish.The weather has been mild for Oklahoma this winter and if it holds that way,I think the game fish will start biting earlier this year.

10. All everybody is talking about is the Alabama rig, man I wanna try it. Got any ideas where to pick it up at?

11. Quote Originally Posted by shanetard View Post
    All everybody is talking about is the Alabama rig, man I wanna try it. Got any ideas where to pick it up at?
    I've seen it online at few places. just google it a few come up. Just find the cheapest one cause they will break after heavy use. Going to hit up Lake george, New York a few times this year with my ARs.

12. The alabama rig might be the strangest fishing setup I have ever seen.Had to do a search on it to see what it is.Came across a pic of a guy holding up one that had 3 blackbass hooked to it.Evidently it is setup to look like a school of bait fish.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    The alabama rig might be the strangest fishing setup I have ever seen.Had to do a search on it to see what it is.Came across a pic of a guy holding up one that had 3 blackbass hooked to it.Evidently it is setup to look like a school of bait fish.
    Exactly! I was watching the Bass Pros and it started with one guy using it and by the end every pro was using the alabama rig and their daily numbers doubled. It's real deal.

14. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Exactly! I was watching the Bass Pros and it started with one guy using it and by the end every pro was using the alabama rig and their daily numbers doubled. It's real deal.
    Got a couple of lakes I think that setup would work very well on.Come springtime I will have to try it out.

15. Weather has been strange everywhere for this time of year.
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

16. Quote Originally Posted by shanetard View Post
    All everybody is talking about is the Alabama rig, man I wanna try it. Got any ideas where to pick it up at?
    It's funny that you mention that rig. I just saw it today for the first time: http://www.fishingclub.com/my-nafc/c...ma-rig-options

I've been Striper fishing in the past, but we never used the umbrella rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by BB12 View Post
    Weather has been strange everywhere for this time of year.
    I know, right? Around this time last year I was freezing my balls off and it was abnormally cold in December. This year I can't stop sweating and have only had to use my portable heater (that I bought last year, lol) twice.

17. Quote Originally Posted by BB12 View Post
    Weather has been strange everywhere for this time of year.
    Enjoying the mild weather while I can.Hopefully it lasts long enough for me to put some new brake pads on my old jeep.The only thing cold weather is good for is burning brush piles.

18. I'm not sure. From everything that I'm seeing, the Alabama rig is the same thing as the Umbrella rig, which is apparently also referred to as a sworming rig.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...rm=alabama+rig

19. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I'm not sure. From everything that I'm seeing, the Alabama rig is the same thing as the Umbrella rig, which is apparently also referred to as a sworming rig.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...rm=alabama+rig

Yeah,I thought the Alabama rig was a new concept but my fishing partner told me it was just the freshwater version of what they call spreader bars and have used for a long time.

20. It appears that way. I keep reading that they use them for Striper. The only time I've been out for Striped Bass was in brackish water.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    Yeah,I thought the Alabama rig was a new concept but my fishing partner told me it was just the freshwater version of what they call spreader bars and have used for a long time.
    May not be a completely new concept but it appears to be the most effective way to fish bass. I'll see for myself this spring

22. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    May not be a completely new concept but it appears to be the most effective way to fish bass. I'll see for myself this spring
    Definitely going to try it out myself.The concept behind it makes a lot of sense.Have two lakes that I think this would work really well on.

23. My buddies at work made their own Alabama Rigs. I'll try and get some pictures up. Apparently it worked out, too.

24. We are going out next week and test the waters.Still early for fishing season in Oklahoma,but we are hoping to catch some crappies.Will post up pics if we catch anything.

25. sounds like fun I haven't had time.... I did go to seaworld. I fed fish to the sealions....that counts?

26. My first attempt at cast netting. Here's the largest of the four Tilapia I caught.

2012-03-11 09.46.08 - HCWWTP Cast Net AM.jpg

27. Nice catch stxnas. I have never cast netted or caught tilapia. I need to branch out.

28. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    My first attempt at cast netting. Here's the largest of the four Tilapia I caught.

2012-03-11 09.46.08 - HCWWTP Cast Net AM.jpg
    That is some good eating right there.

29. Nice dinner fish right there
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REAL Helicopter Fishing!!!
    By b unit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
  2. Caught 1-1/2 miles off shore while fishing!!!
    By LiftNDestroy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
  3. fishing story
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 12:06 AM