I've been officially domesticated

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the ring and piece of paper to prove it.

But, seriously, I couldn't be happier to finally be with that one person that I can't live without no matter how much she drives me insane on certain days. We're not quite going on a honeymoon because we have 3 large dogs and I refuse to crate them just so we can go somewhere for a few days, but we'll plan something to celebrate both graduation and our wedding in December.

All-in-all, this is the most important time of my life between, finally, finishing school and having an amazing wife that I know will always be there for me.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

But, seriously, I couldn't be happier to finally be with that one person that I can't live without no matter how much she drives me insane on certain days. We're not quite going on a honeymoon because we have 3 large dogs and I refuse to crate them just so we can go somewhere for a few days, but we'll plan something to celebrate both graduation and our wedding in December.

All-in-all, this is the most important time of my life between, finally, finishing school and having an amazing wife that I know will always be there for me.
Congrats brother!!! I myself will be making the same choice within the next year.. Couldnt be happier for you man!

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Congrats man :) Sounds like you got the important things in life sorted...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
congrats bro! hope your marriage goes well!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the world of being domesticated its a good gig. But seriously congrats on the marriage and all the best.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations!!!! That's awesome.

The wifey and I have been married seven years, and still haven't been able to take a honeymoon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every day of marriage is like a honeymoon.

No....really.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every day of marriage is like a honeymoon.

No....really.
I've known that she was the one from our first date and we have 3 dogs together that I could never imagine splitting up. She's quite amazing and she puts up with me, which is in and of itself amazing.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Congratulations! I was engaged once...but I prolonged the engagement for about 9 years. Women have no patience.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations! I was engaged once...but I prolonged the engagement for about 9 years. Women have no patience.
That is a bold statement considering it was 9 years lol.... just sayin ;)

You know I like what I have with my girl. She's down, she's very giving and selfless.. We have very similar goals and she's very supportive. Doesn't get on to me for unreasonable things and thinks less irrationally then some others ive seen.. SO I would think that if I were to get married things would stay pretty positive. I will take the plunge ONE day, but we have 982714087 things going for us right now and it would make it too hectic.

Again congrats bro I do wish you the best of luck.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is a bold statement considering it was 9 years lol.... just sayin ;)

You know I like what I have with my girl. She's down, she's very giving and selfless.. We have very similar goals and she's very supportive. Doesn't get on to me for unreasonable things and thinks less irrationally then some others ive seen.. SO I would think that if I were to get married things would stay pretty positive. I will take the plunge ONE day, but we have 982714087 things going for us right now and it would make it too hectic.

Again congrats bro I do wish you the best of luck.
9 years isn't a long time to wait, but in all honesty I was trying to add on another 9 to see if she'd go for it, she didn't bite.

Anyway what you have with your girl is rare, in the sense that she seems like a rare type, at least for where I reside (South FL). But now that I'm getting older, I'm starting to realize the idea of having one vagina for the rest of your life can't be so bad, at least you can avoid catching Chlamydia.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn I wished I could find the right one

I have been through a lot of them and everyone had issues that I could not work with it to make it last.
The one I am with right now is ok in the fact that we never fight,but she is so stressed out by her kids all she ever does is stay doped up on legal meds and sleeps all the time.
She talks about going out but we never do.Not much fun.Would like to find someone else.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Congrads, :) wish you both the best..... See on my end it's hard to find a guy who is supportive of a) my job, b) family oriented and c) finishing my second degree....

TC

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats man glad to hear u found a good woman. Life seems to be going great for u enjoy it.

For me I dont think I will ever find a woman who can put up with me. Lord knows Im pretty good at scaring away people in general. Add in the word marriage and DEATH do u part... ya my life will be short lived and alone.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
congrats rod. As dsade says every day is a honeymoon......or close to it ;)

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats man glad to hear u found a good woman. Life seems to be going great for u enjoy it.

For me I dont think I will ever find a woman who can put up with me. Lord knows Im pretty good at scaring away people in general. Add in the word marriage and DEATH do u part... ya my life will be short lived and alone.
Agreed there.I have no problem attracting women,but building relationships seems impossible for me.I run them off as quickly as I attract them.I am probably the most loved and conversely hated person you will ever meet in your life.The reason my current relationship is lasting is probably because we almost never see each other.

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established

Gratz man, I can relate..
I got married 2 weeks ago, and have 1 big dog :)

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrads, :) wish you both the best..... See on my end it's hard to find a guy who is supportive of a) my job, b) family oriented and c) finishing my second degree....

TC
I love your sig line.That pretty much sums up a little disaster I have going in my personal life right now.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

TC
Are you content being single?I was very independant when I was your age but as I get older,the prospect of dying alone actually is starting to get to me.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Congrats Rodja!!!

Don't let these guys fool you though, the honeymoon may last a couple of years but that's about it.

j/k I've been honeymooning for 22 years!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you content being single?I was very independant when I was your age but as I get older,the prospect of dying alone actually is starting to get to me.
You'll never be alone, as long as there is still chatroulette.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
No but I have a tough job, not alot of guys want to here there girl could be assaulted as a part of the job, although it's for now and not forever a lot of guys can't seem to see past that, than add in school, the gym and I get..."you don't have time for me, for us".... so I think being single is the best for now.....lonely I agree

TC

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Rodja!!! You and your wifey need to start friending some people at the local doggy day cares :)... I have a great dog and travel(and move) a lot. Never have failed to find someone to watch over her for a few days while I'm away.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats Rodja! Glad you got a good one. Im at the 3 year point with mine, and while we are not at the level of tieing the knot, I surely can't imagine myself without her.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Rodja!!! You and your wifey need to start friending some people at the local doggy day cares :)... I have a great dog and travel(and move) a lot. Never have failed to find someone to watch over her for a few days while I'm away.
We can always keep her dog at her parents and the oldest one is basically a piece of furniture, but it's the puppy that presents the problems. She has that lab spunk and propensity to destroy things.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You'll never alone as long as there is still chatroulette.
Yep,always nice to have people to talk to who are supportive and understand what you are going through.Went down to Fort Worth to see my doctor Wednesday.She didn`t understand why I was so bummed out.In her words,I have a quality that women gravitate to.Like she said,it wil be a short time before I find another.Just get tired of destroying relationships.
Adored the last one.The new one doesnt even compare.We are already slipping apart.
Maybe I will get it right next time.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The title of the thread made me chuckle, congrats Rodja!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We can always keep her dog at her parents and the oldest one is basically a piece of furniture, but it's the puppy that presents the problems. She has that lab spunk and propensity to destroy things.
yeah, puppies can be a problem for sure. if the house training goes/gone well then it shouldn't be too much of a hassle with the parents. You've got it all in the works, dontcha rodja!!! :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, puppies can be a problem for sure. if the house training goes/gone well then it shouldn't be too much of a hassle with the parents. You've got it all in the works, dontcha rodja!!! :)
She's learning quickly, but she's teething and we need a constant supply of bones.

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
Congrats from me as well. I have 2 friends who are on their way to their nuptials next year, and out of my close circle of 8 friends, I'm the only unattached in the group. I hope I don't end up being the creepy "uncle" that still dates girls when I'm in my 40s... :-(

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats buddy...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A little late but congrats! Marriage can be the best and the worst!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Rodja, just saw this today! Remember that the day of marriage is just the start of a long marathon :)

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
aww how exciting. congrats man!

wow, so much has happened around here lately......