Is the gear worth it? Help me out..

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards
Hey guys Ive run into some serious problems with my girlfriend..

I have run into the dilemma with her where she says basically if I do not hang up the gear she will not date me anymore. Do any of you guys have experience with this? is it worth it?
I really do love her and I want to have a problem free relationship but part of me says **** it there are so many other girls and just do what I want and finish the cycle. I have so many thoughts running around my head its insane...
What if we break up down the road anyway? Then I just wasted all that time heartache hanging up what I love and have dropped so much money into for what I wanted to prevent in the first place... She says she's going to stand her ground on this one. If we had been dating for a couple months and I was just kind of "into her" it would be a different story I'd be like if your not down then get out. Its different when your in love w/ someone though....

Thanks for all input in advance

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been dating?

It all depends on what you determine is more important.

My gf at the time (7 years ago) told me to drop experimenting with steroids or else. I did and we have now been married for a couple of years. Did it hurt me any at all, not really because I do not compete on a pro level for anything.

If you are competing on a pro level then it comes down to weighing options as to what you may lose against what you have already in your gf.

Maybe educate here more into what is going on and she, perhaps, will see more light.

Lie to her (not good but an option)

Do nothing but ignore it (not a good option)

Drop the gear for a year or two then pick it back up

You could say screw her and keep doing it but you'll be no better off than just lying or ignoring it.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Um... Just a question you're in the middle of a cycle now? Cuz you state "..do what I want and finish the cycle..." If youre already on a cycle and it would be detrimental to your progress then just finish up and hopefully you can talk her into just getting over that.. The future is the future and who knows one day she might be ok with it, or it may not work out for other reasons. We can only deal with what's in front of us at the moment, and if she is reasonable, and loves you as well, then it should not be too hard to explain that you had this planned out, you know what you're doing and that you want to finish as planned.

If my girl had a problem with me doing a cycle and I was already on it, I would finish up and then tell her that was it, unless I manage to get her to see the other side of things.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
well if you "really do love her"...then you have your answer. You can live without the gear bro lol....it's not the end of the world. However, if you do choose to give it up for her, you must explain to her that you cannot just "quit" in the middle of a cycle (barring any sever sides), explain how it all works and you really should see the cycle through for your own good.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
well if you "really do love her"...then you have your answer. You can live without the gear bro lol....it's not the end of the world. However, if you do choose to give it up for her, you must explain to her that you cannot just "quit" in the middle of a cycle (barring any sever sides), explain how it all works and you really should see the cycle through for your own good.
Sound advice. I dont think it should come down to throwing a relationship away to use steroids, but at the same time we must understand that our better halfs will usually be opposed to something they have little knowledge about, purely because they are looking out for you. It's human nature to worry about the ones you love. Steroids are such a taboo subject its hard to just sit your girl or your wife down and explain why you want to use them and how they are effective and RELATIVELY safe, considering you take the right measures to stay safe and don't have pre existing medical conditions.

There are many arguments that can be made as to why it's mostly politics. Take ball players for example. to the association, any member of a team who uses anabolics has an automatic upperhand against someone that isn't (at least thats what they think and want you to believe, because trust me you can get bunk gear, or ruin your cycle with crappy diet, etc.) If someone has the upperhand, it's considered cheating and why the hell would they be making that big money if theyre cheating??

Also young kids, with no knowledge of the compounds they are putting into their bodies, in addition to causing endocrine issues for the rest of their lives, give a bad name to steroids. A lot of gear/DS is readily available if you really look for it, and sometimes it's as easy as walking into a SUPPLEMENT store and handing your visa checkcard over...

If the love is genuine, you girlfriend should be able to understand that it's safer to end the cycle as you were gonna end it, so that your body can reach homeostasis, etc. After that, you can assess how badly you really want to run cycles and bring up the issue at a later time. Everyone is different and she might cave in after you drop some knowledge or she may never be ok with it.

And I agree, you can do this without anabolics. Training and diet are the cake, and AAS is the icing on top.. You definitely don't need it but it makes it so much sweeter! ;)

Good luck bro, it seems every once in a while an issue like yours comes up. So don't feel like its just you.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
My advice concerned the next cycle, obviously, not mid cycle.

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards
I know man just finishing up was what I was going to do... if we break up later down the road anyways Ill still have it and I can jump on it.

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards
If the love is genuine, you girlfriend should be able to understand that it's safer to end the cycle as you were gonna end it, so that your body can reach homeostasis, etc. After that, you can assess how badly you really want to run cycles and bring up the issue at a later time. Everyone is different and she might cave in after you drop some knowledge or she may never be ok with it.
I know man this is what I originally told her.... that I would have no idea how to recover from a cycle this short and it would be healthier for me to run it all the way through.... I just wish she could understand and I could have both.....in an ideal world yeah but its one or the other

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
how old are you bro ? not foking around .

if you are mature enough to understand how important she is to you then drop the gear.

This is the way it works....Woman says what she wants , Man agrees ( EVEN IF HE HATES IT ) thas the way its worked from the begining lol.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

if you are mature enough to understand how important she is to you then drop the gear.

This is the way it works....Woman says what she wants , Man agrees ( EVEN IF HE HATES IT ) thas the way its worked from the begining lol.
**** that ****, that is why the man lays down the law in the beginning.. You start caving into women and they will beat you down all eternity.. Once you give them something they want, they ask for more, and of course you cave in again.. They will use the I will break up with you card; bro, if she will break up with you based on ignorance, she does not love you..

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
lol come back 2 the real world now Gamer we miss ya bro

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol come back 2 the real world now Gamer we miss ya bro
LMAO..

We aint in Amazonia lol..

I told my girl what I was gonna do and she asked if she could change my mind and I said nope.. I told her how everything can be done safely and she understood.. But no, most chicks I know are closed minded to anything that isnt on the news..

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards
**** that ****, that is why the man lays down the law in the beginning.. You start caving into women and they will beat you down all eternity.. Once you give them something they want, they ask for more, and of course you cave in again.. They will use the I will break up with you card; bro, if she will break up with you based on ignorance, she does not love you..
I totally agree bro, but the only thing is is that she is adopted and has a family history of substance abuse and she has problems due to this..
its not just like "omg doing that is so dangerous I cant deal with that Im breaking up w/ you!" like most chicks

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards

She knew pretty much from the beginning that I was going to do this and that I had it planned for quite some time... the fockin weird part is yes, she says she doesn't want to be involved w/ it what so ever but then kinda warms up to it... she then "tolerates" it I guess and says she wants to pin it for me one day and I should come over after I pin some time...

Somewhere in the midst of that time frame she calls me and says how much she hates it, how big substance addiction and abuse runs in her family and how many problems I have w/ my self image and "body image satisfaction" or something like that.
I know a lot of you can relate.. we are all a little obsessive and maybe can go so far as to say "self image problems".. I guess. Most of you will say nah I just like to be a big mofo and that might be true but think about it...
but anyway that was the confusing part... she says all what I posted above, starts to tolerate and I guess becomes whacked out to conforming to someone and turns around and says as long as you are on we cannot date.. WTF??

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I totally agree bro, but the only thing is is that she is adopted and has a family history of substance abuse and she has problems due to this..
its not just like "omg doing that is so dangerous I cant deal with that Im breaking up w/ you!" like most chicks
Its hormone abuse, not substance abuse.. Coke and testosterone are 2 different ballparks bud :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its hormone abuse, not substance abuse.. Coke and testosterone are 2 different ballparks bud :)
Step One: We admitted to ourselves that (the substance of choice) has caused our lives (family, friends, relationships, work) to become unmanageable.

Dependency is dependency.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Step One: We admitted to ourselves that (the substance of choice) has caused our lives (family, friends, relationships, work) to become unmanageable.

But, has his steroid use caused his life to be unmanageable?
I think not!

Unless, his girlfriend is his life.

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards

thats what I told her.. its not necessarily the type of substance that matters. Its more long term "addiction" to the substance if you will causing people (me) to eventually pick that over her.
Her mother picked substance over her and her brother, and she is not living today. I told her look this is something I do to help reach my physical goals... I cannot deal with someone who says things like "You can do it but I dont want to be a part of it" to make me happy and content and turn around and spew out huge problems about steroid use.

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards

agreed.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But, has his steroid use caused his life to be unmanageable?
I think not!

Unless, his girlfriend is his life.
It has caused him to have relationship issues. Some people find that relationships are of significant importance and he seems to value his. Therefore his substance use is causing an important and valuable part of his life to become unmanageable - his relationship is in jeopardy.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It has caused him to have relationship issues. Some people find that relationships are of significant importance and he seems to value his. Therefore his substance use is causing an important and valuable part of his life to become unmanageable - his relationship is in jeopardy.
If you put it like that, I assume his addiction to the gym and his addiction to getting enough food in per day could be considered substance abuse. That all consumes a lot more time and preparation than a cycle.

I think the problem is she feels as though your "drugs" are going to consume your life...

Cass9311

Cass9311

Awards
If you put it like that, I assume his addiction to the gym and his addiction to getting enough food in per day could be considered substance abuse. That all consumes a lot more time and preparation than a cycle.

I think the problem is she feels as though your "drugs" are going to consume your life...
basically just hit the nail on the head.. she also has an older brother exactly like me that did the same things that I do and now has health issues. He is not nearly as methodical and cautious as I am though as far as gear.. (as well he was a bartender on a slew of other drugs at the time that he was on), so his lifestyle was a lot more unhealthy. So I just think it worries her seeing how exactly alike we are and what he did and the problems and hurt relationships he has now.
make since?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
basically just hit the nail on the head.. she also has an older brother exactly like me that did the same things that I do and now has health issues. He is not nearly as methodical and cautious as I am though as far as gear.. (as well he was a bartender on a slew of other drugs at the time that he was on), so his lifestyle was a lot more unhealthy. So I just think it worries her seeing how exactly alike we are and what he did and the problems and hurt relationships he has now.
make since?
Yes it makes sense.
You just have to make a choice..
Or, convince her that you know how to be safe with it..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you put it like that, I assume his addiction to the gym and his addiction to getting enough food in per day could be considered substance abuse.
Not substance abuse necessarily.

If the obsession of training and diet interfere with the healthy balance of work, family and social life then there is a problem.

There are many very successful physiques that are achieved without the obsessiveness that some pride themselves in and place under the blanket of a bodybuilding lifestyle. I've been on these boards for many years. There is about a 1 percentile here that are bodybuilders, the rest are obsessive gym rats and supplement addicts with image issues.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not substance abuse necessarily.

If the obsession of training and diet interfere with the healthy balance of work, family and social life then there is a problem.

There are many very successful physiques that are achieved without the obsessiveness that some pride themselves in and place under the blanket of a bodybuilding lifestyle. I've been on these boards for many years. There is about a 1 percentile here that are bodybuilders, the rest are obsessive gym rats and supplement addicts with image issues.
I do not believe it interferes with his life, I was merely giving examples.
Just like I do not believe steroids are interfering with his life either..