Arnold Quote, funny read

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Arnold Quote, funny read

This Quote by Arnold Schwarzenegger is from 1975

" I finally arrived at the idea of shocking the muscles. So once a week I took a training partner and drove out into the country with the weights. We limited ourselves to one exercise for a particular body part. I remember for the first day we carried 250 pounds into the forest and did squats for two hours straight. I began by doing 20 repetitions with 250 pounds; then my partner did whatever he could. Then it was my turn again. We ended up doing something like 55 sets of squats each. The last hour seemed endless. But it worked. Our thighs pumped up like balloons. That first day we gave our thigh muscles such a shock that we couldn't walk right for a week and each of us put something like an eighth or a quarter of an inch on our thighs; they just blew up. They had no chance to survive except to grow. We made it a regular thing. We brought girls out there to cook. We made a fire outdoors and turned the whole thing into a little contest. We worked hard, but we had a good time. After the muscle-shocking sessions, we drank wine and beer and got drunk and carried on like the old-time weightlifters sometimes it be came pure insanity. "

nothing like 55 sets of squats followed by binge drinking to get those muscles growing... um.... yeah...

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.05%

that sounds like lunacy if your thinking body building , but try saying , hey girl lets go drive out to the woods and camp , its for my training , i just want you to cook i promise.
  3. Moderator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.48%

even though 55 sets is rediculous.... I love this quote from the book....

Think about it...

Nature, Pumping Iron, Beer, Girls, and a ****load of meat...... I don't think it gets any better than that!! 

WYD
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.81%

Id be doing some lateral exercise all right!

5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

personally I think Arnold is a badass, if not for his perfect training ideas, for the fact that he actually did completely crazy **** every day all day long and maintained a crazy body for his time. hey, take some drugs, smoke a little, drink a lot, lift everything in sight all day long lol. people just focus so much more on efficiency and effectiveness in their training now, that reading things like that can be refreshing.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.44%

That's an awesome quote. Most people here would say that 55 sets of squats is crazy, and yes it is. But still, Arnold's physique was a beautiful thing (well, not as beautiful as say, my avatar ). Alot of it was genetics. I mean when he started liftin', he added size to his arms to the tune of a 1/2 inch per month. Everyone here would kill for that kind of growth. However, not all of it was genetics. He still had to work hard, and I guess if this helped him, then why not?
  7. Moderator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.48%

Originally posted by Sheesh
    That's an awesome quote. Most people here would say that 55 sets of squats is crazy, and yes it is. But still, Arnold's physique was a beautiful thing (well, not as beautiful as say, my avatar ). Alot of it was genetics. I mean when he started liftin', he added size to his arms to the tune of a 1/2 inch per month. Everyone here would kill for that kind of growth. However, not all of it was genetics. He still had to work hard, and I guess if this helped him, then why not?

Agreed, I don't think anyone can doubt that the man had superior genetics only found in few individuals.  You know, it didn't hurt that he was popping dbol like candy either haha
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.44%

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy02

Agreed, I don't think anyone can doubt that the man had superior genetics only found in few individuals.  You know, it didn't hurt that he was popping dbol like candy either haha
    The Breakfast of Champions....
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

Pesronally, never believed this story by Arnold. But it's still funny as hell.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.15%

Totally awesome quote. I think it would be one hell of a time out in the woods doing that and drinking beer and cooking out with the ladies. 55 is totally insane but he is the man. I know he has great genetics. That is a much better quote than him repeating cuming every other word in that scene in Pumping Iron.
  11. Moderator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.48%

Originally posted by DarCSA
    Totally awesome quote. I think it would be one hell of a time out in the woods doing that and drinking beer and cooking out with the ladies. 55 is totally insane but he is the man. I know he has great genetics. That is a much better quote than him repeating cuming every other word in that scene in Pumping Iron.

LOLOL!! I love that part... you can tell he is completely BAKED when he shot that scene... lol...

12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%

New homer quote

Originally posted by Sheesh

The Breakfast of Champions....
    MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm .......Dbol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Forum Rules - READ FIRST
    By WYD02 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. FAV ARNOLD QUOTES
    By jay21 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 02:08 AM
  3. WTF? this is funny..... but still messed up. READ ME
    By Matt6969 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
  4. (2) 3 day passes for the Arnold...Please Read!
    By CTDeuce in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 11:19 PM
  5. Funny quotes from the 2004 Olympics
    By Rock Lee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 01:24 PM