Halloween 2010 Plans?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone else planning for Halloween 2010 already? :D

Thoughts started entering my head over a week ago now. It's my favorite time of year, and I absolutely LOVE to scare the crap out of kids!! (All in good fun, of course.) I'm fortunate that I get to do the city's annual Halloween parade for work. I get to decorate a new F350 however I want, dress up however I want, and recruit whomever I want to go along with us. They finally allowed us to hand out candy last year, and I underestimated at only 500 blow pops. Not gonna happen this year!

The parade is nice, but trick-or-treat is where it's at. My silly neighborhood had it on a stupid weeknight last year and I didn't have time to prepare. I was going to take the day off and go in with my neighbor to set something up, but didn't have time. Izzie was only 1 last year, and just learned to walk, so we took her around for about 20 minutes till she was done. Then I set up - bloodied my head and clothes, tied myself up and put a plastic bag over my head and just laid there at my front door next to the candy bowl. I had a huge bowl of candy, and after it was all over, I still had a huge bowl of candy! Pic from last year:

This year, I'm taking the day off and doing what I planned last year, but bigger. The neighbor lady is going in on it with me, which adds some nice space to work since my house lacks a front porch. :( I'm building a little maze out of black plastic sheeting through the yard, with twists and turns through it end up on the back entrance to her patio where she and my wife will be sitting with the candy. Fog machine, check. Lighting, check. Gotta get a new strobe, probably pick up some dry ice, and figure out what else to do.

Costume-wise, I always think abstract and never dress up "as" anything. This year it's going to be a surprise - very dark, very evil. I'll have to get some good pics up...

Anybody else prepping, or is it just creepy ol' me?!?! :D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon on Halloween. So... I'll prolly not be doing much that night..haha. I usually help out at a haunted house or such, since I don't have kids yet.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...I'm fortunate that I get to do the city's annual Halloween parade for work....and dress up however I want...
We know. The pix from last year are still around!:

:toofunny:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
possibly club Paradox in baltimore. crazy place, we were there this weekend for Summer massive afterparty...4 stages spinning until 8am

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We know. The pix from last year are still around!:

:toofunny:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, funny. You know you like it, bish. ;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So what if I do?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
T-AD bro thats some nasty sh#t! you laid there like that the whole night??

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-AD bro thats some nasty sh#t! you laid there like that the whole night??
For about an hour. I did twitch, but didn't really get up. I could see people coming, and definitely hear them. When they came close, either before grabbing candy or after, I'd convulse like I was having a seizure and go limp again and that was it! Eventually, I took the bag off my head and chased a bunch of teenage girls around the neighborhood!!!

3 years ago, I had a Grand Cherokee and used it as a prop. I parked "badly" right next to my house, threw a bunch of weeds and broken small trees over the corner like I ran though them, then laid with half my body under the front end. I do "dead make-up" with standard women's make-up really well, so I 'killed' myself and poured a large puddle of blood under my head. THAT was the beginning of it all. People were so thrilled that they kept asking what I was going to do next! Now I have to top myself each year...

This year's costume will consist of all black clothing (not a far stretch from my daily attire!), either black grease paint or charcoal on ALL exposed skin, and the following:

And these, but with the long ones on the bottom and short on top:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ive used those fangs before for a vampire getup. make sure you use the entire amount of the puddy they give you, it will almost look like a denture

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive used those fangs before for a vampire getup. make sure you use the entire amount of the puddy they give you, it will almost look like a denture
I know, I had a set about 10 years ago when they first started marketing these things. Loved 'em, but lost 'em!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You gonna bleach your teeth to add to the 'all black' effect or go for a more dingy yellow look?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You gonna bleach your teeth to add to the 'all black' effect or go for a more dingy yellow look?
I'll keep 'em as is...slightly off-white which matches the fake teeth quite well. :)

SupermanStrng

Banned
Awards
where do you get the crazy contacts? i want some for my costume which is yet to be determined....

i buy in in about 2 weeks :)

cant freakin wait.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, I wish I was this passionate about Halloween. I'm more of a Thanksgiving guy.

Pumpkin Pie FTW!!!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
where do you get the crazy contacts? i want some for my costume which is yet to be determined....

i buy in in about 2 weeks :)

cant freakin wait.
Google "Halloween Contact Lenses" and you'll find a few places. I'm not sure which I am going with just yet, probably whichever is cheaper seeing as they all carry the same lines. The only thing is that you have to see your eye doctor before they even allow you to buy them. They'll actually call to verify before shipping your order! Fortunately, my wife works for the eye doctor. ;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird. What's the reasoning for that Dr call?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird. What's the reasoning for that Dr call?
FDA.... derrrrrrrrrr... has contacts of any type classified as a 'medical device', even if they contain no RX whatsoever. LAME!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't it like that for anything that has to be pinned too? IE injectable vitamins.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't it like that for anything that has to be pinned too? IE injectable vitamins.
What, call your eye doctor? :lol:

I don't know. All I know is it's another example of crappy red tape. If I want to jam something in my eye to look wicked for Halloween, I don't want Uncle Sam to tell me I have to fill out forms to do it. Hell, if I stuck a pencil in my eyeball right now, I'd probably get arrested for assault!! And why the flyin fruitbat is suicide considered a crime?!?!

/rant. Back to scary shyt. :D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Google "Halloween Contact Lenses" and you'll find a few places. I'm not sure which I am going with just yet, probably whichever is cheaper seeing as they all carry the same lines. The only thing is that you have to see your eye doctor before they even allow you to buy them. They'll actually call to verify before shipping your order! Fortunately, my wife works for the eye doctor. ;)
Or you can order them from Taiwan or China like my wife does. She doesn't wear the freaky ones, but just semi freaky like make your pupil look huge etc.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or you can order them from Taiwan or China like my wife does. She doesn't wear the freaky ones, but just semi freaky like make your pupil look huge etc.
I'm sure they come from there anyway! lol

Already ordered my goods last night. If you're looking for some cool stuff for Halloween, check out www.vampfangs.com - goth store, but good.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking my fiancee' to a house my buds and I used to go to. We had some pretty creepy experiences in there, but what makes it worse is there's no cell phone reception there and it's back in the woods. You have to drive like 10 miles off the interstate and take this back road with nothing but abandoned looking houses.

The story behind it was a man that murdered people in it. Supposedly found out he had murdered his wife, neighbor, and his co-worker there and stuff happens in it. I'm going to explain her the story on the way over there while it's good and dark outside to make it even more creepy. Afterwards, we'll probably rent some horror movies from Blockbuster.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im going to either hand out candy(most likely) or jump in a tub of green dye and become the midget asian hulk. I got the hair for it now but plan on cutting it tomorrow should grow back in time though.