SilentBob's (no-drama) chatroom

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Well it appears to have been a spell since we had us a good central location for everyone to just shoot the breeze. I do not want to reinvent the 'clean thread' since that never ends well. I would however like to work towards rebuilding the feeling of community I used to feel when I started visiting AnabolicMinds. I am sure that other members know what I'm talking about and would like to see that return. I would like for others to feel what I felt when I started out here. It was what made AM different.

It is in that spirit that I start the SilentBob (no-drama) chatroom.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Kicking back watching The Boondocks Kickball episode. Nothing like some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Kickball. Huey vs the team of Chinese kickball ringers. What's AM up to tonight?

I was digging through some old threads and saw some good Stefani madness:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am actually watching the story of George Foreman as a business man on CNBC. Lame I know, but I am a dork. I actually only have it on because earlier I was watching Enron: The smartest guys in the room.

Me and documentaries have a great relationship, and since working has taken over my life lately, relaxing a bit to a doco or two is nice.

Also havnt been on AM in 2-3 days because of stuff going on, so I am catching up tonight.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am actually watching the story of George Foreman as a business man on CNBC. Lame I know, but I am a dork. I actually only have it on because earlier I was watching Enron: The smartest guys in the room.

Me and documentaries have a great relationship, and since working has taken over my life lately, relaxing a bit to a doco or two is nice.

Also havnt been on AM in 2-3 days because of stuff going on, so I am catching up tonight.

what a nerd, lol.

jk/hts. i like conspiracy theories myself-i want to believe!

AtlasEnduring

AtlasEnduring

Banned
Awards
what a nerd, lol.

jk/hts. i like conspiracy theories myself-i want to believe!
I watch history documentaries often. Last one was Shermans march(civil war).

History seems to show the more mentally unstable a person is, the better chance they can change the world and make a difference LOL.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I was watching something on The Exodus from Egypt earlier.

Apparently all of the plagues piggy-backed off of each other in a 'perfect storm' fashion

1) Red tide - killed fish
2) Frogs left water due to red tide (no oxygen and water was toxic)
The frogs died
3/4) The dead fish/frogs brought lice and flies
5) Livestock got blue tongue from the lice/flies and died
6) Flies bit people and left open sores which became infected and became boils
7) Hail storm - Happens on occasion in the middle east, this sudden addition of excessive humidity to the arid climate allowed for:
8) Locust swarms which ate all the grains/grasses
9) Which causes the seasonal sandstorms to be that much worse with no plant life able to hold the ground in place (blocking out the sun for so long)
10) Theory: The darkness, moisture, and disease carried by the locusts get into the grain stores in the homes of families: In Egyptian culture, the 1st born got the first 2 servings of grain (which were the top two, which fermented into a deadly brew,) which was extremely poisonous. The same happens with cattle, the alphas eat first because they exert their alpha-ness

They even showed that a hard constant wind and a sandbar would allow for the crossing of the red sea.

It was a pretty neat look at history. Oh yeah....started ~1280BCE :bigok:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I watch history documentaries often. Last one was Shermans march(civil war).

History seems to show the more mentally unstable a person is, the better chance they can change the world and make a difference LOL.
there is considerable truth in that statement. hitler/stalin/bin ladin/nixon/cheney etc.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow didnt realize that many people here watched documentaries. I love them, everything from educational (Watching Bernie Madoff story on CNBC now) to Lifestyle (Just saw one on body modifications) to Fun (I heart pot documentaries). Good stuff.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Wow didnt realize that many people here watched documentaries. I love them, everything from educational (Watching Bernie Madoff story on CNBC now) to Lifestyle (Just saw one on body modifications) to Fun (I heart pot documentaries). Good stuff.
Did you see the bodymod where the two twin brothers transplanted a segment of the one brothers' index finger to the other brothers' index finger so that he has a creepy alien index finger and the other brother has a little nub index finger?

...I think they might have a few tats too. :lol:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Apparently all of the plagues piggy-backed off of each other in a 'perfect storm' fashion

The frogs died
7) Hail storm - Happens on occasion in the middle east, this sudden addition of excessive humidity to the arid climate allowed for:
9) Which causes the seasonal sandstorms to be that much worse with no plant life able to hold the ground in place (blocking out the sun for so long)
10) Theory: The darkness, moisture, and disease carried by the locusts get into the grain stores in the homes of families: In Egyptian culture, the 1st born got the first 2 servings of grain (which were the top two, which fermented into a deadly brew,) which was extremely poisonous. The same happens with cattle, the alphas eat first because they exert their alpha-ness

They even showed that a hard constant wind and a sandbar would allow for the crossing of the red sea.

take a look at isaac asimov's guide to the old testament. it is the gold standard for scientific explanations of miracles of old testament. i used to use it to mess with the nuns in theology class.

AtlasEnduring

AtlasEnduring

Banned
Awards
there is considerable truth in that statement. hitler/stalin/bin ladin/nixon/cheney etc.
Washington, Jefferson, Napoleon, John Glen, Einstein, Hawking, etc

Insanity is neither evil nor good, but a plane of experience and existence outside the reach of smaller minds :D

The frogs died

I watched "Decoding The Exodus" once, its similar but gave a couple different explanations. The water turning to blood was caused by an earthquake which released iron(maybe, been awhile?) oxide or something into the water, turning it blood red and killing everything. And it had a different explanation for the death of the firstborns.

They basically proved it everything in the Exodus could be done, and that it would have just been a higher power causing these events to take place such as the prophet warned.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys I'm out

I'll catch up with you all later...or maybe you'll catch up with me.

I hope your car can travel at the speed of banana trike!!

AtlasEnduring

AtlasEnduring

Banned
Awards
WHo needs a car. This is what I put on in the mornings.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The frogs died

I learned this while watching "The Reaping" with Hilary Swank. You learn a lot when your weened on tv, even the stuff that's not real.:bigok:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As for myself, I screwed up and took a 2hr nap at 6pm today so im up late against my will. I'm going to pop in a good old godzilla movie and see if I can't get to bed in the next couple of hrs.... hmmm, godzilla vs monster zero sounds good lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I learned this while watching "The Reaping" with Hilary Swank. You learn a lot when your weened on tv, even the stuff that's not real.:bigok:
hilary swank is hot!!!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you see the bodymod where the two twin brothers transplanted a segment of the one brothers' index finger to the other brothers' index finger so that he has a creepy alien index finger and the other brother has a little nub index finger?

...I think they might have a few tats too. :lol:
Yea that was crazy. The documentary I saw featured some ****ed up stuff guys do with their ****s. Seriously, I couldnt watch like 20 minutes of it, including a part where a bodmod artist did work on his own ****.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

DAYMAN AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now it feels like home again here!

This one is for you, Steve!

Attachments

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Awe snap gang! Spike is showing some ORIGINAL Hawaii Five-O!

AND IT SAYS MARATHON IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER!!!! brb, calling in sick today. :toofunny:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Concerning the point being made about crazy people changing the world, just remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity... every genius walks that line... Temper that with a little disfunction and voila, you have a meglamaniac...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
don't forget the robber baron's in american history-they were some of the worst oppressors of the poor in history. yet today they are hailed as hero's and role models. talk about the end justifiying the means:grumpy:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Where would Nikola Tesla fall on that spectrum? Watched a documentary on him and my brain near about exploded.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Some Henry Rollins before work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where would Nikola Tesla fall on that spectrum? Watched a documentary on him and my brain near about exploded.
A mad genius? It's really hard to say since many of his inventions were lost to fire. Makes you wonder what could have been...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
A mad genius? It's really hard to say since many of his inventions were lost to fire. Makes you wonder what could have been...
Flying cars.

I heard one of his experiments involving x-rays melted his assistant's arm. It MELTED his assistant's arm. They need that one in a new Final Destination. Girl goes in to the dentist office or something and gets locked in the x-ray machine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i heard edison had goons steal many of his inventions.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahah interesting convos going on in here, but nonetheless im in!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Tesla was a very eccentric fellow as I recall. Reclusive, celibate; undeniably brilliant though.
doesn't this describe SB???? just sayin... :bigok:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awe snap gang! Spike is showing some ORIGINAL Hawaii Five-O!

AND IT SAYS MARATHON IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER!!!! brb, calling in sick today. :toofunny:
Some Henry Rollins before work.
I thought you were gonna call in sick and watch Hawaii Five-O. :thinking:
Boredom, change of heart, or just a dedicated employee?

Love the Henry Rollins video. Talk about walking the tight-rope of genius/insanity. :veryhappy:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've even heard that Edison was the one behind the arson.
not surprised. edison was known to have a lot of goons doing a lot of nasty things. not exactly the model citizen history makes him out to be.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps if she would settle for a carrot he wouldn't be throwing his hot dog down a hallway and have more interest... What do you guys think?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
maybe if she would take the cucumber out first he would have more interest.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
or she could leave the cucumber in and let him try the poop chute. bet that would get his interest up.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where do you think that asparagus was?
I've always heard that if it tastes like green beans to turn her over. You're eating from the wrong container. :icon_lol:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
or she could put the cucumber in the poop chute and offer up the gash-but hopefully she wouldn't put that cucumber in his salad.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
or she could put the cucumber in the poop chute and offer up the gash-but hopefully she wouldn't put that cucumber in his salad.
It's a bit nutty!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Only two pages in and already veggies have become sex toys. :silly: