Any Starcraft 2 Players here?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I want it. Waited for 10 years for the blasted thing, alas no real PC to play it on...

JComp

Awards
I used to play starcraft and waited forever for the new one, but if SC2 comes within 10 feet of my computer it would be to much for it to handle.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Im all over SC2 :)

djrodimus

djrodimus

Awards
sc2 is freaking sick. i beta tested it for 6 months and then bought it last week when it came out and all i can say is that im shamelessly addicted.

im climbing the ladder ranks pretty quick too.

my email is djrodimus at djrodimus.com if you want to add me to your buddy list we can pwn some noobs (-:

djrodimus

djrodimus

Awards
same here, want diablo 3 as well... damn i need a new pc
honestly guys, it doesnt require that crazy of a machine to run...

i actually run it on my work laptop if im not on my home pc and my laptop only has a 256mb nvidia graphics card.

check the system reqs...they aren't that high.

and then GO GET IT! :ntome: :veryhappy:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
honestly guys, it doesnt require that crazy of a machine to run...

i actually run it on my work laptop if im not on my home pc and my laptop only has a 256mb nvidia graphics card.

check the system reqs...they aren't that high.

and then GO GET IT! :ntome: :veryhappy:
I am working on an ACER MINI......without even a CD/DVD drive. sooooo, if it can run on this then Jennifer Aniston will be my wife.

Acetylator

Acetylator

Awards
My mobo just blew out on my main rig so I'm down to this POS Ive pieced together and I CANT PLAY.

Ask me how happy I am. Go ahead...

still trying to keep the zerg rush skills sharp with SC1, Kekekeke! Gotta pwn some south koreans! GGKTHNXNORE!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My mobo just blew out on my main rig so I'm down to this POS Ive pieced together and I CANT PLAY.

Ask me how happy I am. Go ahead...

still trying to keep the zerg rush skills sharp with SC1, Kekekeke! Gotta pwn some south koreans! GGKTHNXNORE!
zergrush. The original cheap tactic ^.^

As a Terran preference player, I hated Zerg. Still the most amazing scene in that game back in the day was a bunch of Protoss carries flying overhead unleashing their millions of little scarab ships to shred entire bases to shreds. That or a fleet of battlecruisers with upgraded charges for their Yamato canons hah.

Mindless

Awards
I think Scarabs were the things Reavers(the "Protoss worm" as I used to call it) were shooting, not? And the little ships of the Carriers are called Intercepters.

SC2 is great but very time consuming, especially if random gives me Terran. 1v1s can run up to an hour.

Due to my workout schedule, I am still in the practice league. 29 matches to go I believe.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I think Scarabs were the things Reavers(the "Protoss worm" as I used to call it) were shooting, not? And the little ships of the Carriers are called Intercepters.

SC2 is great but very time consuming, especially if random gives me Terran. 1v1s can run up to an hour.

Due to my workout schedule, I am still in the practice league. 29 matches to go I believe.
1 hour? that is short. I have mad matches in Sins of a Solar Empire take up to 10 hours...

obviously there are many reasons I gave up gaming lol

Mindless

Awards
1 hour? that is short. I have mad matches in Sins of a Solar Empire take up to 10 hours...

obviously there are many reasons I gave up gaming lol
10 hours? That's insane...:)
Unless that game allows to pause it for you to get up and eat/use the restroom/etc., I can't imagine someone having an interesting doing that.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
10 hours? That's insane...:)
Unless that game allows to pause it for you to get up and eat/use the restroom/etc., I can't imagine someone having an interesting doing that.
Look up sins of a solar empire. Massive space battles and resource management. I mean huge solar systems. A battle might take 15 minutes to get to!

And then the battle itself between fleets can take some time.

But you can scroll down besides the ships and watch, beautiful!

djrodimus

djrodimus

Awards
zergrush. The original cheap tactic ^.^

As a Terran preference player, I hated Zerg. Still the most amazing scene in that game back in the day was a bunch of Protoss carries flying overhead unleashing their millions of little scarab ships to shred entire bases to shreds. That or a fleet of battlecruisers with upgraded charges for their Yamato canons hah.
terran here as well.

and while zerg rush is cheap you can block it 100% of the time as terran if you wall up your entrance fast. :veryhappy:

djrodimus

djrodimus

Awards

ya matches can last long but honestly man in the higher ladders (silver,gold,plat) matches are normally fast cuz both parties are semi-pro to pro.

my average match time is like 13 minuets i think and im in the top 10 of my silver division.

oh and yes you can pause the game up to 3 times.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
13 years of waiting and I am impressed.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
x2 on that
I do miss the actual channels and such on old battle.net

Could actually find people to roll with and such...do those come back after you leave the practice league or something?

djrodimus

djrodimus

Awards
I do miss the actual channels and such on old battle.net

Could actually find people to roll with and such...do those come back after you leave the practice league or something?
hmm not really channels, you can setup custom matches but they dont count for your record...

so i guess the social aspect isnt as good but the automatch feature for ladder matches is awesome!

15 secs and your in a game.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah I love SC2, I beta tested it as well and bought it the day it came out. I do 2v2s mostly with a buddy of mine. We went on a 7 game winning streak yesterday. My email is [email protected] if you guys wanna add me. Hit me up if you see me online and want to AT.

Oh and I heard that they will be implementing channels into the new bnet eventually in one of the upcoming patches.

djrodimus

djrodimus

Awards
so have you guys noticed the placement system is jacked in ladders?

for example...

2v2... we win 3 out of 5 placement matches and get stuck in bottom of bronze league!

then we won like 20/24 games and now we are in silver...stupid

same thing with my 1v1...80th in broze to 2nd in silver in 3 days. more wins then losses on my record to... i think they need to fix the system...somehow.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah we went 4-1 in placement matches and ended up in bronze still. We then ended up getting drunk and playing a bunch of games losing most of them lol but we still ended up in silver. We just jumped close to the top of silver in 2v2 by winning 9 out of our last 10 games. So yeah it is kinda messed up I think, im sure they will be adjusting it as time goes on but we will see.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
I got it!! add me so I have some people to play with, all my real life friends are pretty high up pros at it, and its kinda annoying to play with them! :(

[email protected] !

Mindless

Awards
Hah!

After my placement matches I immediately ended up in the Gold League. You guys must be doing something wrong.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Hah!

After my placement matches I immediately ended up in the Gold League. You guys must be doing something wrong.
yeah, im kinda afraid I'm not that good, i know the game but I have no micro/macro skill what so ever. very slow paced, but I win every placement game I play, I'm afraid it will rank me very high :(

Mindless

Awards
yeah, im kinda afraid I'm not that good, i know the game but I have no micro/macro skill what so ever. very slow paced, but I win every placement game I play, I'm afraid it will rank me very high :(
If your macro/micro lacks try slowing down the game speed. That happens often in mp matches and you'll see a small announcement that says "playerXY is slowing down the game".

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
If your macro/micro lacks try slowing down the game speed. That happens often in mp matches and you'll see a small announcement that says "playerXY is slowing down the game".
oh, i know about that, i think its actually greyed out every time I look, but I try not to handicap myself that much, I'm not THAT slow, I just suck.. I need to practice real games :)

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Hah!

My solo went right to gold it was my 2s that didnt, even though we went 4-1.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I just finished building a computer last night. Well I should say upgrading and fixing a broken computer. I've had the game about a week. Starting my first online play today. [email protected] hit me up AM brothers!

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I want this game so bad rite now, when my financial aid comes in you b*tches better be ready for the master to return to the RTS world.... haha its been so long since i have played i would prob get smoked...

Mindless

Awards
Anybody getting the "You have left the game!" message instead of "Victory!" lately?
I can't win a game anymore, even if I do, it's counted as lost.
My stats are getting screwed and in 4v4 I got placed back all the way down to bronze.

Acetylator

Acetylator

Awards
I just finished building a computer last night. Well I should say upgrading and fixing a broken computer. I've had the game about a week. Starting my first online play today. hit me up AM brothers!
I just got my parts last friday... AND MY MOBO WAS DOA!!! RAGE!FUUUUUU! Now its going to take like two weeks to get a replacement.

:redeemerwhore:

jodywebb

Awards
starcraft 2 is cool but i'm really waiting for diablo 3. of course, that could take forever.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i love that game! i completely suck though. i have "ladder anxiety" :(. i mostly custom game. One day i shall ladder again.

man, life is going downhill when my friday nights consist of starcraft. how sad....haha

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
hey... add me to your freakin sc2 so that we can 1v1 or whatever. i need more sc friends :( . i dont ladder much bc it makes me nervous and i get all anxious . but im about silverish level

CashewsMama
code: 368