What do YOU believe in?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK... this thread could get really messy really fast as I've seen how people get about their beliefs.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR BACK AND FORTH DISCUSSION.

NO QUOTING AND REPLYING TO POSTS.

That's not what I'm looking for.

If you agree with someone, Rep them out. If you don't, simply post YOUR belief.

I'm not looking for an argument.

I'm simply looking for good posts, persuasive, interesting, insightful, and meaningful reads about what people genuinely believe in about our world, how it functions, and what or "who" is responsible for this mess of life.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
there are two opposing forces; life and entropy. Life is a force that turns disorder into order... nucleic acids organize into RNA, from genetic material springs life, single-celled organisms -> multicelled organisms, evolution etc. Life propagates, arranging matter in an organized and stable fashion; lifeforms die, everything is recycled... Entropy is an opposing force that seeks stability in a different way... There is an equilibrium between the two.

All matter simply cycles through different forms, energy is mostly constant, although of course the two are interchangeable. In the long run I think the interconversion favors energy... stars burn out, high atomic # elements decay, etc. In the end, all matter is recycled through a "big bang." If gravity pulls matter together, then given enough time, all matter in the universe will collect at one point, hence cyclical "big bangs" that completely recycle all energy and matter back to the starting point.

Higher powers, the thousand religions, and thousands of Gods, were all made up by stupid people too stupid to understand their world.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I believe liberals are bad for the world.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe that all of lifes problems stem from within and can only be resolved by yourself.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe there is no god, never was, and never will be.

God was created by those desiring power. Not to quote Marx, which could create another debate all together, but Religion is the opiate of the masses. It creates power for people, a great deal of money, excuse for war and conflict, and forced social norms/morality.

Everything in the world is a simple scientific process. You are a composition of different atoms. You thoughts are simply simply the results of chemical/electrical signals. When you die, your body decomposes and thats that. Nowhere to go from that no matter how fairy tale it may seem to say the opposite.

A world without religion would be a much more peaceful world.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
It's whatever you've got to tell yourself to fall asleep at the end of the day. I believe in one thing, you believe in another. Whether I'm right or you're right, we'll never truly know.

This is all a dream. A personal movie where you are the director. Soon enough, the movie in which you choose to create will be over. Enjoy the show.

"Let's all go to the lobby;
Let's all go to the lobby;
Let's all go to the lobby
To get ourselves a treat."

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To me, the most mysterious aspect of life, is death.

Here is some excerpts from a book I am writing that will give a little insight about my beliefs about death:

The universe has the ability to create a phsyical body, yet your mind has the ability to create your personality, and understanding of the world--your mind is essentially the one behind life creation for you as you understand it.

Your mind is the part of you that fears death. The body willingly dies a natural death on its own but it is your fearful mind that selfishly wants to live forever.

Look at birth to understand death a little. We are born into this world with a mind that cannot reason and predict events using forthought. A mind of no peronality. In a very short amount of time we begin to create artiqulate and orderly logical reasonable thoughts which give birth to life. For if I say "tell me what life was like when you were 8 months old" You will have no idea because there wasn't an understanding of life. Your physical body was alive and thriving, but "you" were not alive.

We are born in with a fertile mind and like the clouds that water earth, our thoughts water our mind giving birth to personality. So understand the part of you that is dying is your minds creations. The constituents that make you, like your personality, outlook on life, desires, and reasoning were born into the world pretty much dead. You weren’t born into life, you are born out of life.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
I believe we are way too egocentric about our own existence. People who deny the idea of life in other places are totally clueless to me. Of all the planets out there, life only evolved on this rickety rock? So to say there is one God, and he is absolute, dumbfounds me. I always pose a question to those who ask me about God, and who push to hard to make me see the light...well, their light. I ask them if they believe God is fallible, and of course they say "no, hes God". I then ask them if God could create a rock so large that even he himself could not lift it. Either way they answer, they prove their God to be fallible and not "all powerful". If they say "Yes, he can make anything", then he has made a rock he cannot lift, and therefore, he is flawed as there is a rock even God cannot move. If they say "No, God can move mountain and river", then I point out the fact that God is not almighty, as he cannot make a rock so large it cannot be moved by any being or deity. It pisses lots of folks off, but I live near a bible college and I get stopped far to often by those who are looking to "educate" me.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
I believe we are way too egocentric about our own existence. People who deny the idea of life in other places are totally clueless to me. Of all the planets out there, life only evolved on this rickety rock? So to say there is one God, and he is absolute, dumbfounds me. I always pose a question to those who ask me about God, and who push to hard to make me see the light...well, their light. I ask them if they believe God is fallible, and of course they say "no, hes God". I then ask them if God could create a rock so large that even he himself could not lift it. Either way they answer, they prove their God to be fallible and not "all powerful". If they say "Yes, he can make anything", then he has made a rock he cannot lift, and therefore, he is flawed as there is a rock even God cannot move. If they say "No, God can move mountain and river", then I point out the fact that God is not almighty, as he cannot make a rock so large it cannot be moved by any being or deity. It pisses lots of folks off, but I live near a bible college and I get stopped far to often by those who are looking to "educate" me.
very nice, never heard this before.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
9 posts before someone quoted... Not bad... I was giving it 7 lol.

MDeezy please no quoting, rep him and let him know what you think.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I cannot even do this thread -.-

The flamthrowers would come out, as well as everything else in the arsenal. Done in very poor taste IMO

Liberals do suck too though. As an American quotes from our founding fathers explain it all..

Plain and simple facts...

Washington-

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor--and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me “to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.”

Ben Franklin

I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?

Jefferson

"Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice can not sleep forever: that considering numbers, nature and natural means only, a revolution of the wheel of fortune, an exchange of situation is among possible events: that it may become probable by supernatural interference!

John Adams

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.

Ronald Reagan-

"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

Psalm 33:12, Holy Bible

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord"

America will fall because of the wickedness in peoples hearts, and they have turned their backs on God. As God has been pushed out, AMerica has slipped. There will be no cures for many diseases, and more powerful ones are already on their way to keep man humble.

This nation, unless it turns back now, will crumble, be destroyed, and with chaos to equally match its filth.

There is no recovery from what America is suffering, its only going to get worse. With less and less people praying for Gods hand on this nation, his spirit will not inhabit a place desolate and filled with corruption, filth, and rampant sin and blasphemy.

The people have chosen to rebuke God, and as result of their actions this nation has been falling, and will continue to. The pride and weakness of mens hearts have blinded them to his Glory.

Just the other day I got a man to give up evolution and accept creation, because what is is what is my friends. Praise God that the gates have not closed yet.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow. There's a whole lotta believin going on in here! I'll make a short list of my highest stuffs, but some are beliefs and some are "I KNOW's". ;)

-I believe in the power of humanity. We can create and destroy, survive and die, kill and be killed. We have the ability to do good as well as evil. We have the will to press on or the apathy of laziness.
-I know that human beings are inherently dumb. We weren't always this way, but it happened. Some of us fight against that trend, but most go to jail for murder. Law is stupid.

-I believe in creation, not creationism. I believe that there is no higher power, but I'm always open to be proven wrong. I believe in evolution in every form; I see it happening every day.
-I know that change is both good and bad, depending which side of the change you stand. I know that when one becomes better, another becomes worse. I know that the delicate balance of life is never in balance nor is it ever delicate. I know that the Earth provides, and humans are the only living creatures to make trash.

-I believe in the power of the spoken word, and I know the power of the spoken word. Words can make one weep, smile, go insane, fall in love or fall into loathing. Words are the most powerful asset that we have, yet far too many of them are wasted. This I know.
-I know love exists, and it isn't limited to human beings. It can't possibly be. Similarly, I know that hate exists, but it is limited to humans beings.

-I believe I can fly, but I know I can't afford a plane ticket.
-I believe in fairies, but I know you'll never catch me in a gay bar.
-I believe in Jesus, but I know his brother Miguel.
-I believe in Santa Claus, but I know the tooth fairy doesn't adjust for inflation.
-I believe that I am a good person, but I know that I could do better.
-I believe we are here for a reason, but I know the reason isn't what you think it is.

-I believe this thread has the potential to become epic, but I know that someone will abuse it and be a jerk.

-I believe I am done for now. Scratch that, I know it.

:cheers:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I believe in karma
I believe in a better place when we die
I believe you get what you give
I believe bad things do happen to good people...

I believe that people can change if they work hard and want to....
I believe my nephews will grow to be decent young men

Lastly I believe that although human beings are self centered for the most part, on a rare occassion you find someone who isen't, and that person is taken for granted....

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I believe in God.

You mad?

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
I'm not mad.

But I believe karma is one of the most ridiculous concepts ever imagined.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't believe in any sort of religion or faith, yet somehow I do believe in Karma. Perhaps that makes me a hypocrite, or maybe not. I've just seen too many examples of karma in action to think otherwise.

:trout:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I believe that without experiencing pain we are not living, and without struggling we are dead.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i have fought in your holy war
i have killed men who call themselves crusaders
one thing i am sure of is religion is the root of all evil
humanity will fall and when i am standing in front of you with an ak i will be your god

j/k i have nothing

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I am one of those "stupid" people who believe in God.

I also believe that it is the height of ignorance and arrogance to believe that we have even a basic understanding of our universe and how life was created. Just remember that before microscopes we lived in a completely different world than we do now.

We, the human race are completely incapable of wrapping our minds around anything beyond what we can interact with our known senses. If we cannot interract with it with our senses then it simply does not exist in our feeble minds.

We are limited by our senses and it is a joke to believe that everything in this universe has to "fit" our make up to exist. Man will be humbled one day :)

Wow, this is fun............nice idea Chocolate!!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Everyone needs a lesson in humility.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I went off on the Senses thing but I have been thinking about that lately. Told my wife about it and she said "omg, you are so weird but I love you" lol...............

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I believe that extreme anything is extremely stupid (except my current log/cycle of course! ;) )

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Deleted No Joking here.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From an atheists standpoint, I KNOW that religion, on the whole, is a good thing. It is a believe system that gives faith to many, not just in a higher power, but in themselves in return. Those who have faith and follow the teachings of their religion tend to do what they believe is right. Faith gives people hope even in the most desperate times, and anything that does that can NOT be bad. Religion, which is different than faith, is an organization in which the faithful can come together with their peers and (ideally) strive to help eachother do better.

It's when religions conflict and there is a lack of faith that I detest.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Warcraft, disagreement and insulting are two diff things...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
sorry chocolate milk....

:ntome:
Come on someone had to do it. :veryhappy:

but this bullsh1t just seems like straight mockery to me..

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Warcraft, disagreement and insulting are two diff things...
Brother, Just put it there as a Joke.

I personaly am a christian. And grow up as one and will die as a christian.
I will be happy to delete it if you guys want.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea warcraft someone really didn't have to do it.

Take that little kid stuff elsewhere. This thread is for free expression of your OWN belief.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe in.........well... nothing

At the end of the day, no matter what is stated in this thread, or any thread on the topic, it matters little as it is unproveable. I do not believe in a supreme being, however I cannot disprove its existence. In the same thought, all the theists in here can do nothing to prove the existence of the mystery being in the "heavens". Its all good. IMO, as long as no one is pushing their own dogma on me, I am cool with whatever one believes. :bigok:

I do not concern myself with "life altering questions", as there are no known answers. I know for certain I will die, I accept it. Whatever will be after that for me is fine, and life will continue on for the living almost as if we were never here in the first place

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly I was just after some good reads. I'm not after what you can prove or not.

I know some people on here are really smart and have some insightful things in their heads.

Some stuff already mentioned is GOLDEN. I'm lovin' reading some of the stuff.

PS Thanks warcraft! :)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Thanks warcraft, it may be a joke to you but the "Raptor jesus" and "Zombie jesus" attacks on our beliefs should not be taken as lightly as they are today.

The enemy sneaks in what little seeds he can, where he can...

As for Christianity...I have seen too much proof in miracles, healings, blessings, and gifts myself to ever deny God. How a brother who walks this path ever falls away I truly do not understand. Well not falls, we all do, but rejects and turns his back on the father, that one I dont get. The joy I have seen, the strength I have seen in my brethren I have yet to see equally matched in a secular person...thats because its not there in them.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly I was just after some good reads. I'm not after what you can prove or not.

I know some people on here are really smart and have some insightful things in their heads.

Some stuff already mentioned is GOLDEN. I'm lovin' reading some of the stuff.

PS Thanks warcraft! :)
what I can or cannot prove is what I believe. I find it impossible to believe in something that has no actual proof. I know people will insist that they feel or claim to have seen things, however, that is not a substantial proof IMO,

I have studied religion for years, and throughout those years, I have gone further and furthe away from a belief in some supreme being.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
what I can or cannot prove is what I believe. I find it impossible to believe in something that has no actual proof. I know people will insist that they feel or claim to have seen things, however, that is not a substantial proof IMO,

I have studied religion for years, and throughout those years, I have gone further and furthe away from a belief in some supreme being.
Funny, its often the people who study science for years who find more and more evidence of a supreme being lol.

You are like their polar opposite.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i believe in Hard Work
i think regardless of who you are, black, white, brown, poor, or wether you are dumb and talentless, hardwork can change all of that. i believe the hard working people will triumph over any other no matter how superior that other is. i live and die by hard work. Hard work allowed me to excel past other well talented people and no matter how talented they were i still overcame all odds and showed them that:

The wolf climbing the hill is hungrier than the wolf at the top of the hill.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The wolf climbing the hill is hungrier than the wolf at the top of the hill....

What if the bunny's he wants to eat are at the middle of the hill, doesnt that make em both hungry?

Also it sounds funny when you say "Hard work can change being black" in a sense LOL, or white, or brown, etc lol.

I do agree though, I dated a girl who was so dumb she starved one summer because she couldnt find the preheat button on the over. But she still gets great grades in school, and is doing decent in the world and married...He is ugly, but still! Hard work that he puts in for paychecks makes up for that when she gets the money.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I believe that people need to start clapping next time I go in the gym

huh??

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
by the way i played high school football.
freshmen year: about 210 lbs about 27% BF
senior year: about 205 lbs about 15% bf

Freshmen year was the last one to finish the sprints. Played half a season freshmen year. Senior year, i was a big guy but my speed was close to that of WR's and RB's. i was ususally the 3rd or 4th guy done in the sprints. the strongest guy on the team without a question.

the so called talented freshmen, by my senior year werent even on my level in terms of playing football. It doesnt matter if you are talented or not it matters who wants it more. Are you willing to train at the highest level while your "competition" is out relaxing and wasting time?

I always told myself "your competition is training right now, dont let them out-work you"

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do agree though, I dated a girl who was so dumb she starved one summer because she couldnt find the preheat button on the over.
this sounds like my kinda woman. dumb and skinny, nice.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The wolf climbing the hill is hungrier than the wolf at the top of the hill....

What if the bunny's he wants to eat are at the middle of the hill, doesnt that make em both hungry?

Also it sounds funny when you say "Hard work can change being black" in a sense LOL, or white, or brown, etc lol.

I do agree though, I dated a girl who was so dumb she starved one summer because she couldnt find the preheat button on the over. But she still gets great grades in school, and is doing decent in the world and married...He is ugly, but still! Hard work that he puts in for paychecks makes up for that when she gets the money.
i didnt mean you could change being black i meant you could change your talents, or your problems. LOL. you know what i meant.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i didnt mean you could change being black i meant you could change your talents, or your problems. LOL. you know what i meant.
Technically Michael Jackson proved you could :deal:

Yeah I know bro lol

this sounds like my kinda woman. dumb and skinny, nice.
Bro she was 5'4" , 95 lbs, 20lbs of that was in her chest. I loved her, but damn does she have mental issues. She came from Kentucky....to this day I warn everyone, never get with a girl from KY....they have issues. Was a fun ride though ^.^ Still paying for it...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jesus Christ gives my life all it's meaning, and purpose.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
zero do you have any pics?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
zero do you have any pics?
Yes...I actually deleted the "dirty" picks though out of respect when we broke up(we were backslidden, but we still understood morals).

Hmm I will see if I can dig up a normal one.

Here we go, the one on the right in the black shirt....the infamous girl who destroyed my heart and my life :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny, its often the people who study science for years who find more and more evidence of a supreme being lol.

You are like their polar opposite.
I don't know if you can make such a vast generalization. Too many personal variables

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bro she is hella fine that sems like my type of women. i would hit it (no disrespect intended) but bro what happend you should have tried to work it out man cuz i think she is gorgeous. Big smile, pretty face, big tits, tight body. she must have been real messed up in the head

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
bro she is hella fine that sems like my type of women. i would hit it (no disrespect intended) but bro what happend you should have tried to work it out man cuz i think she is gorgeous. Big smile, pretty face, big tits, tight body. she must have been real messed up in the head
She was, so was I...And I let me and her breaking apart ruin my life, because by the time I realized I really loved her with everything, it was too late...

But she is really messed up in her head, and she ran my life. Honestly we both have slight mental issues, if we had kids I would really be worried about their wellbeing haha.

She is married now, to a tall gopher of a man....but glory be, she doesnt seem to age well at all :D I remember what her mom looked like, her mom is only about33(had her at like 14 or something I duno) and I realize thats what she is becoming. She has one of those "get a guy hooked and married, then lose the hotness" bodies. :) Plus she chopped off that poor bastards balls, and he already has more estrogen than her so thats not a good thing :sombrero:

All our old mutual friends refer to her as "The succubus from hell"...including her old best friends :p

And cue the song!

"Sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers" :box:

Gods got better, definitely... One that wont lie, twist the truth, and purposely harm me out of spite.