Anyone else here pretty much find no interest at parties?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Soo its a holiday weekend, went to a party at a friends house. They had the whole shebang, beer pong, music, dumb stunts, joke cracking, lols, and something not so mysterious that gave me a contact buzz...which is another reason I avoid such things usually -.-

I dont drink very often,firm believe in strict moderation. I dont smoke at all(did a couple times to see what it was all about....which is nothing).

I honestly just end up bored at parties, save for when someone injures themself in a funny way. Any one else have this issue? A couple drunk beer pong champs, and a high guy or two, and drama....

I avoid parties like a disease. I like people, and talking, and hanging. But parties seem almost like you either follow the train of thought, and enjoy it, or you seem to be unable to comprehend its purpose. To me it is the modern day equivalent of a buncha cave men dancing around a fire yipping and hollering.

Or is that pretty much the point....I am invited to a buncha crap but always give the "I will stop by if I can, I am pretty busy" skit and hope they dont ask what I am doing.

Advice? Similar boat anyone? I often use phenibut if I need to be social outside of business reasons. I can talk business, but I honestly can care less what you did all week usually...I have no subjects to talk about unless its fitness or another business concept for me. How the hell are you supposed to just relax at a party?

Yes I am socially retarded. Been this way since HS, which the only reason I had alot of friends probably came from wrestling because honestly I dont talk much.

I would honestly kinda like to be able to get into it. I am big into networking honestly. But to me thats business. At a party....I duno, I feel retarded.

I guess what I am asking is does anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to make do, or do you avoid as often as you can as well?

Its why I love the language of grunts, panting, and of sweat swinging nods that the gym brings.

fmfws185

Awards
Lol dude I'm 20 and I'm the exact same way I its not that I hate parties its jst I don't have any thing in common with friends from hs. There all druggies and there cool to talk to once in a while but all they really have to talk abt is how drunk,high, or how dope the last party was. Its so idiotic I thought I was the only one like this. I jst don't like to put myself is positions that I know something bad is gonna happen. If there not talking abt fitness or some buisness type subject I really don't care lol

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ya, been to a few college parties, there is no point to them, so I dont go anymore..

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
almost all parties I have fun at, some ppl are just retartded and I leave tho.

women are always nice ;)

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Not so much that i hate them, they just always get in the way of my goals, so i tend to stay away from them..

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
almost all parties I have fun at, some ppl are just retartded and I leave tho.

women are always nice ;)
Yes, women are nice! Especially when they are waxed or shaven smooth all the time ;)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the same way. At college, I went to a few frat parties, but it wasn't really my thing. I love people, but I'm more of a people-watcher than anything else. I could sit on a park bench and just observe and be happy. NOT in a creepy way, though! lol I just find people fascinating.

I don't drink anymore, and even back in the day, I wasn't much of a party guy. I'm social as all hell, but just didn't get into the whole thing.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I find that parties are usually fine if you know a lot of the people there, but the opposite is true if you don't. If I'm going out to hang socially I have more fun at a bar or club, honestly. Much less cliquey and easier to meet new friends and/or women there.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont drink very often,firm believe in strict moderation. I dont smoke at all(did a couple times to see what it was all about....which is nothing).
I enjoy the social aspect of parties, but I'm a recovering alcoholic (7 months clean). Props on being healthy!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
College-age house parties suck.

My idea of a party is a few close friends, some women, whiskey, and a wakeboard boat on the lake. Otherwise I'd rather sit at home and read a book.

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
i just go to bang the drunk dumb girls...only real reason to party in the first place

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then you sir have not played Louisville Chugger! :D

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy the social aspect of parties, but I'm a recovering alcoholic (7 months clean). Props on being healthy!
Good to hear your standing strong and taking control brother! I specifically avoid it 95% of the time specifically to never take a "liking" to it.

Then you sir have not played Louisville Chugger! :D
hahahah, no sir I believe I have not personally.

I have jumped out a window one night out of my mind with a buddy running around town thinking we were S.W.A.T. only to wake up the next morning going WTF???:bigok: But those days are looong gone.

i just go to bang the drunk dumb girls...only real reason to party in the first place
I kinda dont do that. Yeah I will hit up a party, but honestly I wont touch a girl unless I know her. Even then I usually let my "moral" values prevail over my natural desires.

I find that parties are usually fine if you know a lot of the people there, but the opposite is true if you don't. If I'm going out to hang socially I have more fun at a bar or club, honestly. Much less cliquey and easier to meet new friends and/or women there.
I knew two there, and one I brought. Of those two one I only even know because he is dating my friend, otherwise he is kinda...not someone I would ever care to talk to(no offense just....trashy)

College-age house parties suck.

My idea of a party is a few close friends, some women, whiskey, and a wakeboard boat on the lake. Otherwise I'd rather sit at home and read a book.
This is kinda my belief, when I have or others throw small get together, usually of a bunch of us who havent seen each other in awhile, its easy to enjoy. But Usually I just go to the gym, or try and learn something new at home(currently spanish).

I am kinda relieved its not just me lol, always thought I was just awkward. But if its a group of 20 people I know I can go from silent guy to being "the show" lol. Reminds me about the time I stood there and let a buddy assault my abs as hard as he could....damn I need those kinda abs back... :box:

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i will agree with you on the aspect that partying and clubbin and such is quite retarded and pointless and really the downside far outweigh the upside. that said i love to party. i love the nightclubs, i love the women and i love the half memories of what im pretty sure was the best the night ever.

on the other hand, i realize my personal limitations and can not swing by the or the party for a drink or two. somewhere along the line i lost that ability. so i do not party anymore. i miss the social aspects of it, i miss knowing a million people everywhere. im definitely a very social person... that said i have to admit i met very few decent people in my years of partying. it doesnt seem to bring out the best in most people lol.

so now i just stay home and masterbate to my own reflection in the mirror.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
When I did the party thing, about 13yrs ago, I went for the same reason that most people did, to get laid but never got high once.

Got drunk maybe twice. I always wanted to keep a level head so if some goon wanted trouble, I wouldn't get my head knocked off.

Once I settled down and got a steady gf, some 13yrs ago then I quit going to beer parties for slut banging and started going to parties which required semi-formal dress and business parties...

I've gone to a couple of music record release parties or the new tech product release party, but that was more professional/business rather than drunk slut giving up the jawbone.