The myth that women want deep conversation

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why does this falsehood get perpetuated.I was talking to my best friends girl today about this.One of her complaints about him is that he is to sentimental and talks to much about the past.She just wants light conversation and to live for the moment.
She says she has no regrets for anything she has done in the past,right or wrong.Most women I know are the same way.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Why does this falsehood get perpetuated.I was talking to my best friends girl today about this.One of her complaints about him is that he is to sentimental and talks to much about the past.She just wants light conversation and to live for the moment.
She says she has no regrets for anything she has done in the past,right or wrong.Most women I know are the same way.
depends on the woman,depends on the guy, depends on the attraction, and depends on the time...

I never met a woman yet capable of deep conversation(no offense intended). Most people dont "think" anymore...

EDIT: I take that last bit back, I think there have been 2, but they were much older and mature.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Actually your friend who talks about his feelings and such sounds like a girl himself.

If you ask me, most women are in love with the question "why?"

They ask guys why, and to explain themselves all the time, and usually guys don't want to talk about ****. On the other than girls LOVE listeners and love when guys ask them why.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a bit of balance to be had in this area. It's nice to be with someone who has the ability to have a conversation about something other than doing curls or fashion but it's also nice to not have every conversation revolve around physics and the Elliot-wave.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Completely agree about the balance part

There's a bit of balance to be had in this area. It's nice to be with someone who has the ability to have a conversation about something other than doing curls or fashion but it's also nice to not have every conversation revolve around physics and the Elliot-wave.
I have to admit,she is one of the most perplexing girls I have ever known.She has actually pushed me to open up about personal issues,so the revelation that she would like him to keep the conversation light and on a more superficial level perplexes me.
The dilemna for me is,I work for her.She has treated me well and I want to stay in good graces with her for my jobs sake.
On the other hand,I am torn by my loyalty to my friend.From what I have learned of her,I just can`t see any future in their relationship,but I am bound by promise not to to reveal anything to him that me and her have discussed.
I think at this point,I will have to let my integrity take a backseat to my job security.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually your friend who talks about his feelings and such sounds like a girl himself.

If you ask me, most women are in love with the question "why?"

They ask guys why, and to explain themselves all the time, and usually guys don't want to talk about ****. On the other than girls LOVE listeners and love when guys ask them why.
This is another perplexing part of the whole thing.A few days ago she was saying he is the typical guy who would not let her past the surface and when she pushes,he shuts down and gets mad.
So why,now,is she doing a 180?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
She reached her goal and now its time to move on to another one or when he opened up he REALLY opened up and she wasn't prepared for that...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
f!cking women.....relationships suck.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
This is another perplexing part of the whole thing.A few days ago she was saying he is the typical guy who would not let her past the surface and when she pushes,he shuts down and gets mad.
So why,now,is she doing a 180?
Women (probably like men) don't know what they want lol. Jay seems to be right, and i think they appreciate the difference between men and women and how they decide to talk about their feelings.

Most guys who talk about their feelings to women are 1, gay 2, on a friendship level. Of course by the time you have a serious relationship, you have to talk about your feelings to your spouse, but that's a little different, and still not pouring out your emotions or anything like that.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Women (probably like men) don't know what they want lol. Jay seems to be right, and i think they appreciate the difference between men and women and how they decide to talk about their feelings.

Most guys who talk about their feelings to women are 1, gay 2, on a friendship level. Of course by the time you have a serious relationship, you have to talk about your feelings to your spouse, but that's a little different, and still not pouring out your emotions or anything like that.
It's all going to depend on the situation. For example, a girl I recently dated...we talked about anything and everything because we were that comfortable with each other. So it will be different for everyone as the variables in each relationship are different.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established

As apposed to the girl I'm dating...

I'm a typical guy and sex is on my mind quite a bit and hey, she's pretty damn hot. But she wants the deep conversation to know I'm just not in it for the sex and that I like her for "her". :irked:

That goes without saying... It's not like we're having sex even 25% of the time we hang out. If it was sex 90% of the time and if 9% of the rest was talking her into sex and 1% telling her why I have to leave after. She'd have a point.

In short - women are nuts :silly:

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She reached her goal and now its time to move on to another one or when he opened up he REALLY opened up and she wasn't prepared for that...
I think you are right.She called it quits with him over the weekend.Did not find this out until yesterday.I asked her if it would effect our working relationship,she said know.She seems sincere.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
It's all going to depend on the situation. For example, a girl I recently dated...we talked about anything and everything because we were that comfortable with each other. So it will be different for everyone as the variables in each relationship are different.
You're right, i have a fiance and we can talk about anything, and have deep conversations. There still is a difference in how women want to talk and how men talk.

For example, women want you to listen, and they want to listen. That's why they ask why, because they just want you to talk to them. Where men aren't generally as good "listeners".

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
You're right, i have a fiance and we can talk about anything, and have deep conversations. There still is a difference in how women want to talk and how men talk.

For example, women want you to listen, and they want to listen. That's why they ask why, because they just want you to talk to them. Where men aren't generally as good "listeners".
Agreed. Communication is definitely a two-way road...but as we say in this forum all the time..."you gotta find what works best for you" (and in this case for you and your significant other)

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
That's how you and i wound up with kids.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps I am the odd female than, I work 60-80 hours a week, school,( 2nd degree) and family/friends... last thing I want to do is talk about things and see what we are.... I tell you single is better :) I come and go as I please, do what I want and make more money than most couples....LOL

TC

GearedVader

GearedVader

Awards
Perhaps I am the odd female than, I work 60-80 hours a week, school,( 2nd degree) and family/friends... last thing I want to do is talk about things and see what we are.... I tell you single is better :) I come and go as I please, do what I want and make more money than most couples....LOL

TC
you are tall with nice calfs . . I like that ;) . . . being single loses it's shine as you get older TC . . . call up Vader when you get lonely ;)

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
you are tall with nice calfs . . I like that ;) . . . being single loses it's shine as you get older TC . . . call up Vader when you get lonely ;)

Thanks anyway, but I don't see that happening, I love my freedom, if I want children I can adopt or have a child through invetro.... Really no need for the headache...:)

TC

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I have good genes if you're interested.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update

Friend and his girlfriend made up,but now that she knows that she has the upperhand in the relationship,she is playing mind games with him.She told me yesterday she was going to dye her hair blonde for the first time because I am partial to blondes and in her words,"it will make him flip out".
She called me late last night while she was on her way to spend the wekend with my friend.She created a work situation and wants me to go in today to fix it.She told me to call her when I had it resolved.We had a previous agreement that I do not call her on the weekends,especially when she is spending the weekend with my friend.
She also told me that wherever she goes jobwise,she is taking me with her.
I am in a really bad spot here and am either going to lose my friend or my job or both.Not really sure how to handle this situation.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Friend and his girlfriend made up,but now that she knows that she has the upperhand in the relationship,she is playing mind games with him.She told me yesterday she was going to dye her hair blonde for the first time because I am partial to blondes and in her words,"it will make him flip out".
She called me late last night while she was on her way to spend the wekend with my friend.She created a work situation and wants me to go in today to fix it.She told me to call her when I had it resolved.We had a previous agreement that I do not call her on the weekends,especially when she is spending the weekend with my friend.
She also told me that wherever she goes jobwise,she is taking me with her.
I am in a really bad spot here and am either going to lose my friend or my job or both.Not really sure how to handle this situation.
Just keep your job and be her friend. I know it's tough....BUT MAN UP. Either she'll realize she made a mistake....or she wont. Keep your options open and play the field...but don't lock yourself down anytime soon.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not conversation that she wants to be deep... just sayin' ;)

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
It definitely depends on the people involved in the conversation.

I have no interest in and refuse to date stupid women. I would rather have an average looking intelligent woman than a hot moron any day.

It all depends on what you're looking for from that woman.

Vtaper

Awards
I have no interest in and refuse to date stupid women. I would rather have an average looking intelligent woman than a hot moron any day.
Totally agreed, but its awesome when you can have both:hump:
(and I dont mean one of each.....damn, that wouldnt be too bad either....)

UKStrength

Agreed. Communication is definitely a two-way road...but as we say in this forum all the time..."you gotta find what works best for you" (and in this case for you and your significant other)
I think these are the best posts here :)

There's a BIG difference between deep conversation and dwelling on the past, and I agree, you should have no regrets, everything is a learning experience.

Every woman you're with will want more or less emotional involvement from the their date/partner depending on their past experiences and what they want from the relationship.

In my opinion the only thing you need to ask yourself is 'what do you want from the relationship?' if it's a bosom buddy, then go ahead and rant about your past to them but that's certainly not attractive to most women. Most just want a normal chap who can generate 'interesting' discussion with them and who listen to what they are saying.

SamuraiSid

Awards

Remember this the next time some nazi femenist tells you the world needs a female president.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Makes my head hurt trying to follow it....I say run...keep the job and thats it, who needs all this senseless drama.....that's my 2 cents..

good luck

TC

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I think these are the best posts here :)

There's a BIG difference between deep conversation and dwelling on the past, and I agree, you should have no regrets, everything is a learning experience.

Every woman you're with will want more or less emotional involvement from the their date/partner depending on their past experiences and what they want from the relationship.

In my opinion the only thing you need to ask yourself is 'what do you want from the relationship?' if it's a bosom buddy, then go ahead and rant about your past to them but that's certainly not attractive to most women. Most just want a normal chap who can generate 'interesting' discussion with them and who listen to what they are saying.
Haha well i'll be damned....thanks UK!

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Makes my head hurt trying to follow it....I say run...keep the job and thats it, who needs all this senseless drama.....that's my 2 cents..

good luck

TC
Keeping my job is what I am trying to achieve here.My fear is that if I don`t play her game,she will get angry and find a reason to fire me.This girl is bouncing all over the place.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just keep your job and be her friend. I know it's tough....BUT MAN UP. Either she'll realize she made a mistake....or she wont. Keep your options open and play the field...but don't lock yourself down anytime soon.
Trying real hard to do just that.Starting to get the impression she wants to take it beyond the friendship stage.Problem is,if she gets petty because I do not respond to her advances,she wields enough influence with regional management she could probably fire me with out any justification.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Keeping my job is what I am trying to achieve here.My fear is that if I don`t play her game,she will get angry and find a reason to fire me.This girl is bouncing all over the place.

Take it higher if your concerned about your job, no way to live, go to her boss with some proof of course....always cover your Butt :) good luck.sounds like she is a little tapped..

TC

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Trying real hard to do just that.Starting to get the impression she wants to take it beyond the friendship stage.Problem is,if she gets petty because I do not respond to her advances,she wields enough influence with regional management she could probably fire me with out any justification.
Well just don't take any first steps. Make her make all the moves. If she really wants you, she will. If she doesn't, than she won't. And if you're not into her....just tell her that she's in "The Friend Zone"...works for me every time.

And like TC said....if it's that big of an issue go up the chain of command so long as you talk to her about it first. I know it sucks....but upper management won't like the fact that you didn't take it up with her before going over her head.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
its no myth that women want deep penatration

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well just don't take any first steps. Make her make all the moves. If she really wants you, she will. If she doesn't, than she won't. And if you're not into her....just tell her that she's in "The Friend Zone"...works for me every time.

And like TC said....if it's that big of an issue go up the chain of command so long as you talk to her about it first. I know it sucks....but upper management won't like the fact that you didn't take it up with her before going over her head.
Very good points.She knows thar I have covered for her many times.so from that aspect alone I think she realizes she owes me no matter which direction our relationship goes in.
Been burned by women so many times it is just hard for me not to get paranoid about these situations.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Very good points.She knows thar I have covered for her many times.so from that aspect alone I think she realizes she owes me no matter which direction our relationship goes in.
Been burned by women so many times it is just hard for me not to get paranoid about these situations.
Yep. And's that something you need to communicate to her. Man up.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Thanks anyway, but I don't see that happening, I love my freedom, if I want children I can adopt or have a child through invetro.... Really no need for the headache...:)

TC
Seconded. Usually they are just one huge headache. I feel like I lose all "me" time when I have someone else always smothering me. Single is the way to be. For me, for now at least.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
El-li-ott

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Seconded. Usually they are just one huge headache. I feel like I lose all "me" time when I have someone else always smothering me. Single is the way to be. For me, for now at least.

Agreed 200%...:)

TC

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im just curious... whats the downside to bangin the bitch? are you originally her friend or the dudes friend?

i would tell her that you met someone and hit it off like crazy and talk about this ficticious person every chance you get.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
im just curious... whats the downside to bangin the bitch? are you originally her friend or the dudes friend?

i would tell her that you met someone and hit it off like crazy and talk about this ficticious person every chance you get.

You talk about women so sweetly..... but I think part two is not a bad idea.....

TC

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You talk about women so sweetly..... but I think part two is not a bad idea.....

TC
there is no reason to talk about this girl sweetly though... look what she is putting this dude through? messing with him and the friend... thats no good, not a good person, therefore a bitch lol. blame jay-z, its not my fault haha

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established

TC
I just want to say I totally agree with this sentiment, being single is the freaking BEST. To me, serious long term relationships are draining and i'm much happier keeping it casual and fun. I like being able to travel somewhere at the drop of a hat, go out on the town without checking in with a significant other every hour... hell, basically I just love FREEDOM. Haven't ever met a woman that I liked more than being able to do whatever I want when i want to do it. Also, variety is the spice of life.

As for the topic creator... I hope that the one thing you've learned from this is DON'T FOOL AROUND WITH PEOPLE FROM WORK.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just want to say I totally agree with this sentiment, being single is the freaking BEST. To me, serious long term relationships are draining and i'm much happier keeping it casual and fun. I like being able to travel somewhere at the drop of a hat, go out on the town without checking in with a significant other every hour... hell, basically I just love FREEDOM. Haven't ever met a woman that I liked more than being able to do whatever I want when i want to do it. Also, variety is the spice of life.

As for the topic creator... I hope that the one thing you've learned from this is DON'T FOOL AROUND WITH PEOPLE FROM WORK.
Amen. Im a love me, some ME!

relationships are never fair, i mean seriously the chick gets me and im f ucking awesome... what i get in return is never of equal value haha.