• Cutler

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Kevin

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters
T

The Answer

Awards
Okay whats your preliminary thoughts. I personally thing the O this year is gonna come down to 1 of 4......Jay Cutler, Ronnie, Gunther or Kevin. Who do you think is going to pull it off. Hey don't be bashful, you can always toss another name into the hat....

TA

J

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I gave Jay the vote. IF he enters, he will be #1 choice. Jay is only 28, Ronnie is approaching 40. (39) Jay is twice as big as Ronnie was at his age, and just keeps getting better.

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Im an Atwood fan, but I vote for Gunter...I think he's highly motivated after whipping Ronnie's ass......

T

The Answer

Awards
YJ, I thought I was the only true Atwood fan. Is that guy sick, or what. Lets just call him "The Future", because thats exactly what he is......

TA

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Yes...exactly. Give him a few years and he's the next Coleman....

T

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Ah, crystal, my moto, couple of behatches...why not? levrone all the way. The man is an animal. Yea...put that in your pipe and smoke it.

S

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I believe Gunther is being "groomed" to take the crown.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I think if Jay enters it, he should get it (not sure about Weider politics though). Otherwise I would have to say Gunter, he is awesome, if he's up about 10-15 lbs, he's got Ronnie beat.

P

pudgy

Awards
gunter is the man. i read somewhere he had some involvement in the incredible hulk movie , then i saw the trailer and its a digital monster ? anyone else hear of this or is it just my overactive imagination ? oops sorry to hi-jack the thread , im not really a whore.

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
The Hulk's digitally rendered body was designed using both Schlierkamp's and Priest's bodies. As to the O, I'm not very partial to Jay's look. He has tremendous potential and agree he is the frontrunner if he competes, can get serious abs going regardless of size etc, but he looks too blocky to my eye, and regardless of his bf always looks smooth to me for some reason. Between my personal favorites, Dexter Jackson always looks crazy good, and I hope Gunter is able to keep the momentum and stay away from prep mistakes. I think Flex looked fucking crazy at the last O too, vastly streamlined but still great shape. Much better than bloat, misplaced synthol bulging everywhere, obvious gyno, etc etc. Anyway, like I say if Jay is on and Gunter stays at or over 300 shredded lbs, Ronnie may be looking at third with the way his **** has been going. He looked so good a few years ago. Anyway, sorry bout the long winded post. Got to ramblin.

T

The Answer

Awards
Hey Big, rant away bro. It sounds like you are like me. I must admit....this seems to be the day and time of the mass monsters (and it has been since Dorian), but I wish the judges would show appreciation to the streamlined properly proportion bb'ers who have seemed to be put on the back-burner. I hate to say it, but the facts are that more is better in the eyes of te judges and for that reason there are certain guys that start out fighting for 4th place.

Its sad but true....
TA

D

DarCSA

Awards
Gunter after his showing in N.O. or Jay I think he has it in him to pull off a big surprise this year and possibly walk out as the winner.

D

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt choose any of those guys even though i would love to see gunter win. I think dexter is going to place high because he has the best physique in bodybuilding. however much of a freak art it i dont think he will ever be the "future" He is way too unsymetrical and his lats are way too blocky and his gyno makes it look like he has huge tits. I also think kevin has a freakin killer physique if he can just dial it in right...He looked like **** at last years O I even heard tell about dexter or flex telling him he shouldnt even go on stage.
Dick

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Hey Big, rant away bro. It sounds like you are like me. I must admit....this seems to be the day and time of the mass monsters (and it has been since Dorian), but I wish the judges would show appreciation to the streamlined properly proportion bb'ers who have seemed to be put on the back-burner. I hate to say it, but the facts are that more is better in the eyes of te judges and for that reason there are certain guys that start out fighting for 4th place.

Its sad but true....
TA
I'm with you and Big on this one. Too much emphasis seems to be put on pure size.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Since this htread was about last years Mr O., I'll make a safe bet and choose Ronnie as taking the top spot. :thumbsup:

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
It's amazing how many people picked Flex's golden boy Gunter, he,s built like a sheet of plywood. Shows how much influence media hype has on people. Ronnie's the man untill he chooses not to be.(unless the judges pull the **** up of thier lives, wouldn't be too suprising)

S

SyntholMan

Banned
Awards
I don't know who's gonna win, but i'll tell you one thing, I saw gunter at a guest posing at the Louisiana Bodybuilding Championships, Last year he competed at 300-305 this year he is supposed to compete at 320! This guy at the time I saw him weighed 338 lbs. at 6'1 or 6'2 in a pretty damn lean condition! He might not win , but he'll turn some heads

S

SyntholMan

Banned
Awards
I agree, until someone shows up better than they ever have and ronnie doesn't happen to look his greatest, he's the winner, something about the dude, he just comes in looking bigger and badder than ever and he's the champ, you gotta give him credit for not taking it easy while he's on the top!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just hope he's able to call it quits before he ends up crippling himself. I bet he's one obsessive compulsive dude.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
C'mon guys Arnold can't stand the Girly men in the CAL.legislature. He will quit politics and train for the OLympia.
Lou Ferrigno will learn of this and enter as well.We have the makings of a Pumping Iron 3.... :run:

I

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Who the hell picked Gunter....? He's very approachable and a nice guy but he has horrible symmetry...come on people this is the same guy that was last at the Olympia in 2002 I believe. He had to get an invite to the next years rendition. He HAS to, HAS to come in full and lean to get a good placing. I personally think he shouldnt come in higher than 8th... or ninth even if he is "on". How can you put Gunter in front of Dex, Darrem Charles, Melvin Anthony, Troy Alves, DJ, Kevin Leverone (even if hes off), Jorslav Horvath, Ahmad Haidar, Jay Cutler, and last but certainly not least RONNIE COLEMAN. The man is not hype. Even at his larger weight he still has good symmetry and proportion. Sure his belly is a little distended, which is to be expected, but his back and shoulders and chest grow so much that its a fair trade off. Ronnie is the truth suckers! The sad part is that Im a DEX, Flex, AND a shawn ray fan. I am DYING for Shawn to come back. As a straight man I have no problem saying the man is BEAUTIFUl. He has great sym, proportion, shape, definition, conditioning. He can even still do the vaccum pose. Most people dont even kjnojw what that is anymore!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He can even still do the vaccum pose. Most people dont even kjnojw what that is anymore!
So true, long live the days of Arnold, Franco, Serge,etc.

K

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt choose any of those guys even though i would love to see gunter win. I think dexter is going to place high because he has the best physique in bodybuilding. however much of a freak art it i dont think he will ever be the "future" He is way too unsymetrical and his lats are way too blocky and his gyno makes it look like he has huge tits. I also think kevin has a freakin killer physique if he can just dial it in right...He looked like **** at last years O I even heard tell about dexter or flex telling him he shouldnt even go on stage.
Dick
have you guys seen the new rules, it will be a little different.
dexter has the most symmetrical lines over anyone.
levrone is over the hill, he looks good but look at him in 94' AC
that was his pinnacle, cause he trained all year back then now he trains 6mo a year.

DEXTER IS IN THE MONEY FOR SURE 1st or 2nd

I am telling you the new rules chang ethe whole face of the O
the new flex explains everything, the challenge round of the final six is the most controversial change , i am telling you
Ronnie wont take it this year, placing will be unexpected.

I am still taking bets on KOVACS to win..hehehe
did anyone see that tree ENT at the Arnold????????freakily unproportional

L

LittleChina

Awards
Dexter does indeed look amazing.

Coleman is in his own league.

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
It's real fucked up but I got a feeling Ronnie's gonna get screwed. Now that this David Pecker guy took over he's gonna try and take bodybuilding mainstream. My girlfriend was reading one of those gossip mags of his and she shows me an article (full page with big picture of Gunter) about how Gunter is the next Arnold and how he hopes to win the Olympia this year but has to beat Ronnie Coleman. Then they quote Muscle and Fitness "Gunter is taller and bigger than Coleman and has a great chance of winning." They go on about the commercials he's done and how he hopes to be a moviestar and one day President of the United States! This all in a MAINSTREAM GOSSIP MAG! Plus the new rule changes. It seriously looks like they're trying desperatly to put a pretty white boy at the top and seriously screw the **** out of big scary black Ronnie. It's such bullshit, Ronnie is in a league of his own. Nobody comes close to the guy especially NOT GUNTER. It's a shame cause it never matered in bodybuilding what race you are just what your physiec looked like. But now that we got a marketing moneymaking mogul at the helm times are gonna change.

L

LittleChina

Awards
Great post BigBadBooty, and yeah I agree when it takes the look of being more mainstream, things like race and such are going to matter, as the general public are stupid ignorant toads.

I feel it is a huge insult that these magazines and such have even the gull and the balls to compare Gunter to Ronnie. I am sorry but Gunter is complete and utter **** compared to Ronnie. I put Gunter behind Dexter "The Blade" Jackson, Chris Cormier, and any other smaller but FAR better looking bodybuilder. This is absolute rubbish. One of the positives about bodybuilding was many races (usually blacks and whites) could come in a sport and be judged equally on their body, and such, but yeah if someone tries to take something completely mainstream expect some good and bad out of it....Think MTV and all of that disgusting crap. LOL.

Another reason they could be pushing Gunter is that they are looking for the next Arnold as they say, they think because he is big, white, and comes from a Germanic background he can easily slide into Arnold's shoes? If you also look at the pro shows they seem to be pushing for Gunter, but there are always politics I assume.

I can't see anyone competeting with Ronnie this year, if Ronnie does lose and its that obvious it was a flawed judging then yes that would be a major league assfucking.

PS. Unless you are born in the US you cannot become a candiate for president I know thats all talk and such but thought I would fill that in.

L

LittleChina

Awards
How did Gunter get 10 votes here, ROFLMAO. I think Ruhl is more of a beast.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I think ronnie should win, but i also have a feeling he might get screwed too. Bodybuilding is losing what little credibility it had left with the fans. And with weider selling off the mags and the rule changes, it's gonna be an effin joke. Pretty soon David Pecker is gonna have Mr. O being a guy off the cover of men's health. He doesn't give a crap about bodybuilding, just making money. And unfortunately it will never be appealing to the mainstream in it's current state. I can understand that, as not many people can look at ronnie and think his physique is attainable to them, but they should leave it alone for the people who get inspired by seeing a guy 5'10 285 ripped. I didn't start bodybuilding to look like an underwear model. It just sucks that they're killing a sport alot of people love.

L

LittleChina

Awards
I think ronnie should win, but i also have a feeling he might get screwed too. Bodybuilding is losing what little credibility it had left with the fans. And with weider selling off the mags and the rule changes, it's gonna be an effin joke. Pretty soon David Pecker is gonna have Mr. O being a guy off the cover of men's health. He doesn't give a crap about bodybuilding, just making money. And unfortunately it will never be appealing to the mainstream in it's current state. I can understand that, as not many people can look at ronnie and think his physique is attainable to them, but they should leave it alone for the people who get inspired by seeing a guy 5'10 285 ripped. I didn't start bodybuilding to look like an underwear model. It just sucks that they're killing a sport alot of people love.
Great post jarhead! :)

Oh and I now present your 2006 future Mr. O. Clay Aiken! Who cares about muscle and "conditioning" I just want a fresh face to sell bodybuilding to the masses of fickel ab-tronic using mainstream! :D Clay Aiken is just perfect to be Mr. O I mean he has those cuts and you can see his shredded abs like Brad Pitt man isn't that was its all about! :D

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
:rofl: Yeah Clay's a shoe in! Also-They'll probably change the prize for first place at the O to a box of slimfast bars, the buns of steel boxed set, and an exclusive endorsement deal with "thigh master." :D

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Well how many chics voted? That's the only reason I could think of. :lol: The only reason Gunter is so big is because of his bone structure. Ronnie may not weigh as much but he's got a hell of a lot more muscle.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ruhl is definately the beast of bodybuilding.

As far as this years (2004) Olympia,of coure it will be Ronnie. He's going to win until one of three things happen: 1) He quits 2) His Gut gets too big 3) He kills over

As far as who will take over...who knows. I bet we'll have a new coleman soon enough. I don't see any of the current contenders being of the same caliber. I think Cutler is played up as much as Gunter. Cutler is always flat and Gunter is just lacking that natural physique. IMHO, Ruhl should take it before either of those two. At least he can get past that flatness cutler has and if BIG is what people judge by, he is the biggest (save Ronnie's legs and glutes--legs are close, ronnie's glutes are just nutz!)

As for up and coming contenders, I'm skeptical about Aleksander Fedorov. Many people like him, but he's way too unproportional. He's got a good natural physique, but his right arm is probaby an inch bigger than his left and his rhomboids (suprisingly) seemed very unproportional in the last back double bi shot I saw. Not to mention his being so prone to injury.I dont know...I personally always like Milos Sarcev type physiques, so I guess I have a hard time getting a grip on who weider wants to win...

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Cutler's good just not when he's over dieted like he was at the arnold. He lookes much better when he's around 270pnds. I think Victor Martinez is next if Ronnie ever decides to retire. Cause that's the only way he's going out.

N

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ronnie will win in 2004. No one can match him.

The battle will be for second. Depending on how the judges are judging, it will be either Jay or Dexter.

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Ronnie will win in 2004. No one can match him.

The battle will be for second. Depending on how the judges are judging, it will be either Jay or Dexter.
Don't forget about Cormier. He's got the ability to put em both to shame.

N

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cormier also has a history of not coming in top condition.

His last performance was an EXTREMELY rare one. I doubt we'll see him like that again anytime soon.

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Cutler is played up as much as Gunter. Cutler is always flat and Gunter is just lacking that natural physique. IMHO, Ruhl should take it before either of those two. At least he can get past that flatness cutler has and if BIG is what people judge by, he is the biggest (save Ronnie's legs and glutes--legs are close, ronnie's glutes are just nutz!)
Totally agree with that.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
If Ronnie comes in even in halfway decent shape, with as much muscle and shape as he's got, it's his show. He is not from this planet. (and not because it looks like an alien is going to pop out of his belly.) He's just too overpowering IMO. Even with a midterm pregnancy looking belly. But let's face it, a guy who weighs close to 300lbs contest shape isn't going to have a 28 inch waist. Jay Cutler is going to be wore out from playing the Michigan State Spartan mascot on saturday mornings for the last couple of months anyway.(beating a dead horse I know..) he might come in at 270 ripped, but 50 of it will be head. i agree that Ruhl should beat cutler. I have his training dvd and I have never seen anyone that brutally thick and massive through the chest. **** his old lady would give cutler a run for his money. She's a beast!

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i agree that Ruhl should beat cutler. I have his training dvd and I have never seen anyone that brutally thick and massive through the chest. **** his old lady would give cutler a run for his money. She's a beast!
Couldn't have said it better myself. He's got mega mass...and so does his "training partner."

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Dexter's a lock for 2nd or 3rd. Anybody see Ronnie in the last issue of Flex?(Only reason I bought it was cause I flipped through and saw this article) They had a layout of him training at Metroflex HOLYSHIT! Looks like a damn mountain! It showed him doing corner t-bar rows with like 650 or 700pnds! There's a pic of him standing next to his hummer and he makes it look like a hondai!

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I got a prediction for you!! The bodybuilder who probably SHOULD win WON'T! Why change history? :D

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dexter does present a perfect package of cuts, symmetry, and balance.

Depending on how figure in mass and gigantic traps, lats, and legs, Ronnie will win.

I think Dexter is like the pinnalce of the old-school look that I like-->samller waist, sweeping lines, perfect abs, etc.

B

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Dexter does present a perfect package of cuts, symmetry, and balance.

Depending on how figure in mass and gigantic traps, lats, and legs, Ronnie will win.

I think Dexter is like the pinnalce of the old-school look that I like-->samller waist, sweeping lines, perfect abs, etc.
I think Cormier got him by a little bit in symetry, balance and definetly size.