Tinnitus in my left ear, for...6 months-advice

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I recently developed tinnitus(pretty sure in just my left ear) about 6ish months ago. Have dealt with quite a few infections over the last couple years, thanks to a tooth I just today had cranked from my head.

There was a cist under the tooth the doc scraped off...may have been the cause of it all, since it all pointed to the tooth starting the infections.

Well currently in a world of pain, called the dentist he is calling me in some pain pills. But currently my tinnitus came back to full attention, because the swelling and such(my ear is actually hurting atm even though I came off anti-biotics yesterday, he said it was likely the injections and the surgery).

But the ringing is pretty loud atm. Thing is I have had it go up and down in severity over the last 6 months. What is odd, is it almost seems my hearing in that ear is still 100%, just with a ringing.

I read that 53 million people suffer from it in America, and so on.

Ok so its a common issue...Why has no one developed a set solution. Some people got it fixed this way, some people that way. Supplement B-12 and zink, take ginko baloba, check cholesterol levels, drop carbs, take fish oil, cut out salt, and afterwards do a rain dance wearing nothing but a dead chickens taped onto your private area....

Anyone here have it and find a way to get rid of it quicker?

Alot of people said I just have to wait for it to eventually stop, and that it may come back sometimes for a month or so, then just leave.....greaaat -.-

Now it doesnt interfere with life atm, and normally i tune it out when I play a game or am talking or listening to music I forget its there 100%, so as you can see its really not that bad. But considering my entire left side of my head feels swollen, you can guess how it sounds atm.

I see people posting about laser treatment(they have it for everthing!!!) and medical sites saying in some people chiropractic treatment and even acupuncture have reversed it though far less common.

It just came to my attention since right now its raging thanks to what I believe was the dentist trying to dislodge my bottom jaw(the tooth was below the gum line, he actually cracked the tooth in half....yeah....then scraped the damn thing out, then took a pick and scraped out a cist we didnt know about....so my head feels...yeah)

Now sometimes I forget about it, sometimes it bothers me, but what I want is it gone. Without chasing miracle cures left and right, and dropping thousands of dollars on ifs and possibilities...

Anyone else had this? Like I said, i can basically hear fine...but there is a ringing 24 hours a day 7 days a week.And currently it is a bit crazy, which sucks...

My sight has never been good, nor my sense of smell. But my hearing, my hearing has been my greatest asset. I cant hear people talk very well(tune out lol) but I can pick up on anything going on in an entire house, or the property. To me this is a threat to my best ability sense wise.

I currently wear earplugs at work(except today since it was a half day) and am picking up a set of noise canceling earmuff things(kinda like for shooting) to wear instead of earplugs, or mayeb combo em hah.

Any advice or success stories from anyone, even if you knew someone who overcame it.

I dont want the whole "Learn to live with it, come to peace with it" bit....I have kinda done that, but honestly...i wont give up praying for a fix.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I wish i had something for you....But i don't....(((HUGZ))) good luck

TC

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Solution: Plug the afflicted ear to lessen outside noise. BLAST music into the opposite ear 3 hours each day. Over the span of a few weeks, you won't notice the ringing in the afflicted ear. However, you may notice ringing in stereo!

Seriously, sorry to hear about it all. I've got near-constant ringing as well, but that's because I've abused my ears. (Metal health will drive ya mad!!)

Best of luck to ya!

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should really go see an audiologist. They run tests to see which frequencies you lost capacity to hear, etc. Then they "prescribe" tricks to trick your brain into coping with the loss of hearing, e.g. provide pink noise tones that "rewire" your brain.

Some universities will provide consultations for free, so if you're in a university town, call up the audiology dept.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You should really go see an audiologist. They run tests to see which frequencies you lost capacity to hear, etc. Then they "prescribe" tricks to trick your brain into coping with the loss of hearing, e.g. provide pink noise tones that "rewire" your brain.

Some universities will provide consultations for free, so if you're in a university town, call up the audiology dept.
I have seen an ENT, had the audio tests done. My left ear barely has any hearing difference from the right. I will look into that, hoping that it just goes away with time. May try one of the gimmicks out there as well.

OSU is about 20 minutes away from me, but the ENT I seen was one of their medical branches lol. I need to go back, but have to deal with the insurance screw up at work first.