best brand of wife beaters(a-shirts)

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i cant seem to have any luck finding a good wife beater, usually the problem is that after a few washes the length shrinks way to much and it deforms into some weird shape. anybody know of a good brand with high quality material and generous length and wont totally change shape after you wash it?

COLOSSUS

Awards
Arnold used to sport some o.k. looking wife beaters.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you're only talking about actual wife beaters, I can't help you there. If you want a decent tank top try A+F, Structure (Express Men), or Gap. I picked up about 6 different colors at Gap a few months back for $4 a piece. These are mostly heavy weight T-Shirt material, not really good for an undershirt.

nebmusclehead

Awards
Starter sport tanks seem to work real good, they are a little bit heavier weight and don't seem to shrink much at all. they also have a mesh type design that is real good, it is a real tight mesh, kind of like a basketball jersy but much lighter. I like em!

Last edited:
lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I always just pick up like 3 or 4 black tanks at Wally World each summer. I like the loose fitting ones now....they're a hell of a lot more comfortable IMO. There only like 4 or 5 bucks. I wanna find some descent string tees now though....anybody know where I can pick a few of those up at?? Prefferably for real cheap...LOL...??

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a problem with Champion sleeveless Ts or tanks. Maybe give those a shot. I have a ton of sleveless A&F shirts and they all shrink eventually. Plus they're damn small to begin with.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Hanes is actually good for not shrinking. Perry Ellis is my favorite but tends to shrink in length. I like the look that the PE gives me. Also, Jockey is cheap and also keeps a nice length after washes.
Sage

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't received them yet, but I just ordered myself some underarmour sleeveless t's. I'll update on my thoughts once they arrive.

Tbird006

Awards
What are the types of shirts that the "stars" where like 50 cent that look very sturdy

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hanes is actually good for not shrinking. Perry Ellis is my favorite but tends to shrink in length. I like the look that the PE gives me. Also, Jockey is cheap and also keeps a nice length after washes.
Sage
bump on the hanes....mine shrink w/ first wash....then after that they dont shrink ever again

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
maybe its not the shirts shrinking, just us getting bigger?

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Actually the 50 cent wife beaters have just came out under his G-Unit clothing line. They retail for like 29 dollars. I saw them ONCE at Macy's but the sold out. When I came back from the Noc I saw a guy who ordered it from the Ecko website but said they only sent him one and not the other he ordered. You do have to fill out the wife beater to make it look good or else you should stay with the cheaper hanes versions. If you dont fill out the square beaters you look like a little asshole trying to look like 50. Which is basically what it is!

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I'd still rather pay $16 for something I know is of the same quality as the Ecko ones, and that isn't quite as poseur.

dieseldude

Awards
Sage is a part full time fashion expert too, never in my life have run across a male that like clothes soooooo much, get them ladies killer...

Sheesh, i like the look of those tanks, gonna try a couple myself, tanks for the lead, hehe.

Hamper, dont we all wish it was that easy too

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Now u will be part of the GGG-UNIT!!! I've want some ever since the dam video came out!!!!!!

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
yeah so this dude had a fitty cent wife beater on at the gym the other day..I will say its a good idea that you fill it out if you wear it....and I get the G-unit thing but that doesn't mean you need to wear your work boots IN the gym...lol

COLOSSUS

Awards
you would never catch me wearing a GGG-unit shirt. LMAO! i hope you guys are joking.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
I don't like them personally.

Hell I am still wearing my sweatshirt in the gym...layers year round..helps me sweat