What do you guys recommend for good walking shoes?

  1. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    34870
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    95.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What do you guys recommend for good walking shoes?


    I need good pair of walking/running shoes. The pair of earth shoes I have are too tight, so if they can't stretch enough, I need new shoes. I have a wide foot. It's not really wide, but it's wide enough, that most shoes I try on are too narrow.

  2. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1404
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    6.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    BROOKS. Been buying them for years.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  3. New Member
    Shane0Mac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  MUC lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    86.53%

    i usually go with asics, never had a bad pair. they will give you footgasms
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484104
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Rocky Alpha Side Zip...my dailywear goto boot!!

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    You want to find out what your arch and pronation are first. Several brands of shoes offer quality running/walking shoes but none will work for you until you're able to match the one up that works for you. You also want to take into consideration how much you weigh and whether or not you're prone to certain injuries.
  6. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    34870
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    95.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    You want to find out what your arch and pronation are first. Several brands of shoes offer quality running/walking shoes but none will work for you until you're able to match the one up that works for you. You also want to take into consideration how much you weigh and whether or not you're prone to certain injuries.
    How would I find out what my arch is?
  7. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Get a brown paper bag and step into a pan of water then step on the bag.

    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...7152-0,00.html

    http://www.runnersworld.com/video/1,...tid=1716440001
  8. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Shape-ups.





























































































































    *snicker, snicker, snicker*
  9. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    34870
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    95.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Get a brown paper bag and step into a pan of water then step on the bag.

    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...7152-0,00.html

    http://www.runnersworld.com/video/1,...tid=1716440001
    Well I don't have any brown paper bags here, but I looked at my old shoes and the foot marks in them and it looks like I have a normal arch.
  10. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37733
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Vibram five fingers. Re-learn to run, how nature intended. It's fantastic!

    For more info, google born to run, vff or vibram five fingers, barefoot running, tarahumara indians, etc. I have been running barefoot for a bit, and just did my 2nd run in my new vff's. They're awesome! And my body feels much better than before.

    Silly humans thinking they can one-up nature.
  11. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1777
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    57.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Vibram five fingers. Re-learn to run, how nature intended. It's fantastic!

    For more info, google born to run, vff or vibram five fingers, barefoot running, tarahumara indians, etc. I have been running barefoot for a bit, and just did my 2nd run in my new vff's. They're awesome! And my body feels much better than before.

    Silly humans thinking they can one-up nature.
    I never heard of these before reading this, but after doing some investigation I may just pick up a pair.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Good Walking/running shoes
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
  2. what do you guys recommend?
    By mweaver84 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
  3. What do you guys recommend
    By right_guard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 01:36 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in